SNF Leos @ Cats GDT

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

There were countless times when a Hamilton rec was running wide open underneath, right by BO....and he just looked right past them and threw into coverage or over threw a wr downfield. That guy is toast.

interesting...as thats exactly what ZC has been doing for some time now....

They say that BLM is on pace to throw 40 td's & pass for over 6,000 yards. Yet, his team may not win 3 games. So, the question must be asked, Why is Milanovich starting a 36 year old QB over 25 year old in Taylor Powell? The guy showed promise last season but needs to play in order to develop. Playing Mitchell putting up big stats passing while the team continually loses makes no sense. Taylor Powell should be the starter now that the Ti Cats are 0-5. 

Hamilton's problem is defence not offence. They are middle of the pack on O scoring 24.8 per game, but they give up 33.8 a game, last in the CFL. 

BLM is 2nd in passing yards and first in passing TD's. He's not the problem this year. 

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Hamilton's problem is defence not offence. They are middle of the pack on O scoring 24.8 per game, but they give up 33.8 a game, last in the CFL. 

BLM is 2nd in passing yards and first in passing TD's. He's not the problem this year. 

have to agree...Defence is their big issue....and I'd flip BLM for ZC right now...unless ZC shows some kind of massive reclamation of himself in the next third of season....I not very confident in that tho from what we seen so far

Watching Hammy's struggles makes me feel not as bad about our fall from the top. They were right with us there is 2019 and 2021, and they're a worse mess than us right now. 

Edited by itchy

1 minute ago, itchy said:

Watching Hammy's struggles makes me feel not as bad about our fall from the top. They were right with us there is 2019 and 2021, and they're a worse mess than us right now. 

Their fall was more gradual though.  We broke them in the 2019 GC and then they weren't hot **** in 2021 at 8-6.  They were under .500 the last 2 seasons so they didn't go from the top team to near the bottom in one off season like we have.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I believe the Lion defence sucked when Washington was their DC as well, like Khari Jones losing follows him around. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

have to agree...Defence is their big issue....and I'd flip BLM for ZC right now...unless ZC shows some kind of massive reclamation of himself in the next third of season....I not very confident in that tho from what we seen so far

Adam Bighill for Taylor Powell and a young Canadian prospect :D 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

BLM needs to show up.in the first half of games.

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah there's a bit of a Matt Nichols vibe there.  Can't hold leads, go from being unstoppable to entire halves barely able to get a first down, only putting up big stats when way behind.

Big difference. Matt's throwing shoulder was finished. He couldn't throw the ball anymore. Zach can still get it done. Is he playing well? No. Is that sad sack OL playing well? Guys are starting playing like crap. Our 3 interior linemen are dreadful. I don't put the offensive struggles on Zach. I put it on the terrible play of our OL. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Big difference. Matt's throwing shoulder was finished. He couldn't throw the ball anymore. Zach can still get it done. Is he playing well? No. Is that sad sack OL playing well? Guys are starting playing like crap. Our 3 interior linemen are dreadful. I don't put the offensive struggles on Zach. I put it on the terrible play of our OL. 

I agree. Every QB needs an OL. Strev and maybe a couple other highly mobile guys can mask the problem somewhat but it exists and if we want to go back to being a well balanced offence the buck stops at the OL and not QB.

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The OL is definitely an issue but Zach's skill level (specifically his mobility) has also deteriorated.  IMO, it's not simply one or the other.  If he still had the ability to scramble and make plays out of nothing, like he could a few years ago, the OL issues wouldn't look as bad as they are (they would still be there though).

On 2024-07-09 at 8:42 AM, TBURGESS said:

He's not their biggest problem. But I'm not sure how anyone can watch him play when it matters and suggest he's playing well. Yup he's got a lot of yards and TDs but garbage time is a real thing. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

When ZC came here in 2019, we had a smash mouth OL and one of the best ever pass pro / outlet RBs.  It was literally as good as you could get it.  But with a few tweaks in the interior and perhaps more use of a 6th OL, they are still serviceable and this O could still do well. 

I wonder if pressure just gets to him eventually...like not Dline pressure. But pressure of being the guy. When he came here in 2019, he talked about having fun and just going out there and playing football again. 2 grey cups/2 Mops/ big ass contract/media attention etc etc etc and that looseness seems to be gone a bit. Same thing happened in Hamilton as well. 

43 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I wonder if pressure just gets to him eventually...like not Dline pressure. But pressure of being the guy. When he came here in 2019, he talked about having fun and just going out there and playing football again. 2 grey cups/2 Mops/ big ass contract/media attention etc etc etc and that looseness seems to be gone a bit. Same thing happened in Hamilton as well. 

Honestly I think that BC game last year broke him. He went from living life pretty cleanly in the pocket in winnipeg and suddenly he has a game where he got his ass kicked.... and I think now he's worried about the hits coming.

On 2024-07-10 at 10:39 AM, 17to85 said:

Honestly I think that BC game last year broke him. He went from living life pretty cleanly in the pocket in winnipeg and suddenly he has a game where he got his ass kicked.... and I think now he's worried about the hits coming.

Yup he’s worried about getting Drew Willy’d.