Former Coach Dave Ritchie Passes away

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/03/09/blue-bombers-mourn-the-passing-of-dave-ritchie/

Funny thing is I'm old enough to remember when he came on, 1998 (middle of the season) one of the worst Blue Bomber season ever, stayed on for 6 years until getting sacked because of a crummy season.....hard to believe that was 20 years ago. So he was basically the first Bomber coach I could remember by name

Edited by iHeart

17 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Best Bomber coach in my 40+ years and he never won.

of all the times I've seen the Bombers in the GC, the 2001 loss still stings the most.  That would have been a great year to break the drought, all the pieces were in place...and we let it slip through our fingers...argh...

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

of all the times I've seen the Bombers in the GC, the 2001 loss still stings the most.  That would have been a great year to break the drought, all the pieces were in place...and we let it slip through our fingers...argh...

Wide to the right, wide to the left.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Ritchie was just such a breath of fresh air after the reinbold years. That group definitely should have won a cup. 

Dave Ritchie was someone I’d always thought would be a joy to sit down and talk with. 
RIP coach, thanks for all the great moments as a fan. 

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Nothing in sports fandom would have meant as much to me as that particular Grey Cup

22 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Dave Ritchie was someone I’d always thought would be a joy to sit down and talk with. 

We spoke. Him and coach Gaines at Home Depot on Empress. A few minutes about which light bulbs they needed for the Bomber “clubhouse” at the old bawn. I recall thinking, he’s kind of a big bugger. 
RIP Coach.