2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

I love comedy, the darker and more irreverent the better.

Inside the confines of a comedy club or on a comedy podcast where there is an unwritten rule that 'these are jokes, please don't take it seriously', that would have been a hacky toothless attempt at being funny, but at least it is still just a joke.

In an email to potential paying customers? ehhh.... pretty stupid and worthy of the ridicule. While they're at it, why not add something like 'have an asian look over your girl-math but don't let them drive you to the game' it's the exact same kind of hacky tired joke that stopped being funny ages ago (if it ever was?)

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

They should have just included, "make sure you ask your husband if you're allowed to come!"

In my experience doing sales... most guys have to check with the wife before signing any dotted lines anyhow!

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

lol. Much ado about nothing. People just lack humour these days.  Comedy is over. This is comedy. 

It's a little cringy...but yea...a joke.  Pretty hairbrained of a professional organization to mass email though. If my buddy quipped this over a few beers, I'd laugh but not if it was said to a woman. If my wife heard him she would probably have some choice words and he wouldn't get my protection.

Edited by GCn20

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is RAGE inducing. It's because of bullshit "trends" like this, that otherwise perfectly normal girls have a complex of some sort. I am constantly feeling sick for my niece and other young women in my life.. 

It's in bad taste but far from RAGE inducing.  Anyone who gets to a point of being RAGED by this should probably self reflect on why they get angry over the smallest things in life.   

16 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It's a little cringy...but yea...a joke.  Pretty hairbrained of a professional organization to mass email though. If my buddy quipped this over a few beers, I'd laugh but not if it was said to a woman. If my wife heard him she would probably have some choice words and he wouldn't get my protection.

Sounds like they tried jump on (what is apparently) a social media trend... kind of funny but at the same time probably not a great idea to piss off a large group of the fanbase. 

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Sounds like they tried jump on (what is apparently) a social media trend... kind of funny but at the same time probably not a great idea to piss off a large group of the fanbase. 

Yea...kind of tone deaf for sure.

25 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Today's different tweets concerning women just go to demonstrate the stark differences between our organization and the gappers in terms of professionalism and proper management. Just night and day.  Awesome to see Paddy and Schoen coming out to hang out with a strong contingent of passionate female fans of the team. The RIders....well not so much....and I have to wonder who the hell are they to make fun of anyone's math skills anyway? 13

Edited by GCn20

40 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

They just do everything wrong. 

Joke on and off the field in every way. 

It's almost comical at this point. Just no accountability or professionalism from top to bottom in that organization. Hate to say it but Craig Reynolds has really been a god awful president over there....ok...I don't hate to say it.

Edited by GCn20

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Pretty dumb honestly because oops women season ticket holders. Guess they never thought of that. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I want whoever decided that Riders email was fine to have to answer to Holly Jefferson and see how well that goes for them...... that lady takes ZERO ****....

This one made me genuinely laugh out loud!

Saw her at a Banjo Bowl while she was pregnant, trying to get through the drunken mob to the elevators on the concourse. As a fat drunk myself, I acted as a plow with her following me to get her to the elevators, while she verbally cleared the way. 

2 minutes ago, itchy said:

This one made me genuinely laugh out loud!

Saw her at a Banjo Bowl while she was pregnant, trying to get through the drunken mob to the elevators on the concourse. As a fat drunk myself, I acted as a plow with her following me to get her to the elevators, while she verbally cleared the way. 

My wife has attended some of the women's club events and absolutely ADORES Holly. They're similar personalities in so much as they will tell you to f*** all the way off when it's needed...

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

TJ Rubley was my guy. They signed him out of the euro nfl or something and I thought dude would be our Kurt Warner 

how wrong I was. 

Stefan LeFors?

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

yeah don't they realize that the male Rider fans enjoy bringing their cousin-wives to games? Why mess with that grand tradition with this stupid message.  Oh well.  Looks bad on the Riders as everything else seems to.

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Stefan LeFors?

yeah don't they realize that the male Rider fans enjoy bringing their cousin-wives to games? Why mess with that grand tradition with this stupid message.  Oh well.  Looks bad on the Riders as everything else seems to.

That franchise just can't get out of it's own damn way....and I LOVE that about them.

Edited by GCn20