2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I guess they're pretty confident Rourke is never coming back. 

Never say never, he might be gone for 3 or 4 more years like Strev.  but he's still young enough to come back and have a CFL career if he has the desire to.  If he ever catches on in the NFL as a #2 QB your assumption is probably right.

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

Never say never, he might be gone for 3 or 4 more years like Strev.  but he's still young enough to come back and have a CFL career if he has the desire to.  If he catches on in the NFL as a second stringer, you're assumption is probably right.

They didn't give VAJ an extension with all that guaranteed money if they thought he would come back. 

41 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Never say never, he might be gone for 3 or 4 more years like Strev.  but he's still young enough to come back and have a CFL career if he has the desire to.  If he ever catches on in the NFL as a #2 QB your assumption is probably right.

If he does come back at that point though he will be a hot commodity that several teams offer big dollars for. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

They didn't give VAJ an extension with all that guaranteed money if they thought he would come back. 

Could be they are not ultra confident that they would land him if he does come back. They threw gaudy (650k per) at him to stay last offseason and he walked away without giving it much thought. If he really loved the Lions org he might have mulled that over for a bit.

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

True, he's not contractually obligated to return to the Lions, maybe he lands in Wpg. after Zach retires.

Toronto would be my bet.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Could be they are not ultra confident that they would land him if he does come back. They threw gaudy (650k per) at him to stay last offseason and he walked away without giving it much thought. If he really loved the Lions org he might have mulled that over for a bit.

Toronto would be my bet.

Could be, but Chad Kelly is 6 years younger than Zach, it depends if and when Rourke ever returns.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Crossover or RBs take the spot? 

RBs are my Darkhorse prediction for WF champs.

3 hours ago, bluto said:

I'd guess he's joining Zach and the Chad in the 600 Club.

He earned it- that was a pretty good year for VAJ

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Lord have mercy, a Bomber player would never be so crass. 😉

Yeah, and he rightly got **** from many posters here for it.

36 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

True, he's not contractually obligated to return to the Lions, maybe he lands in Wpg. after Zach retires.

This exactly what I am hoping for!

The coach wrote in her lawsuit that she then informed Mujtaba and Argos assistant general manager John Murphy about what had happened.

“Murphy responded by stating that [she] should not have spoken to [Kelly] and that she has now ‘opened a can of worms that didn’t need to be opened,’” the lawsuit says.

Wait, you mean cool guy John Murphy wanted to sweep Kelly's behaviour under the rug? Say it ain't so... what a **** stain

yes, sorry, "alleged" behaviour

Edited by MOBomberFan

13 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Serious allegations. Needs to go through the process with all facts presented to make an informed decision.

But one thing I do know as true and can’t be debated, Argo’s continue and always will suck.

ps Chad Kelly is currently the highest paid CFL player? Wow.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I can't imagine Pinball had even a sniff of this... he'd never stand for it. Everyone else involved? Story checks out, IMO. 

Pinball is old boys club through and through.  The Argos had a load of scumbags in his time as a coach.  When we hired O'Shea one of my main concerns is he'd bring that stink in here but he seems to have some human-level accountability.