2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

I think it was the WF game against BC, on the opening drive they fed Brady 10 times consecutively marching the ball 70 yds. for a TD, that was the most definitive statement of Bradyball.

Exactly. It's weird that people are now pretending BO was not the focus of our offence and what made it go last year. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Harris was the entire offence for years. Brady is one part of the offence. 

Feels like an overspend to me. 

When was Harris the entire offense in BC when he got paid that money?

Brady just had 2016 yards from scrimmage and a 5.9 YPC with 13 touchdowns. I know nostalgia is a thing, but that’s a more productive season than Andrew Harris has ever had.

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That might be money with bonuses, and it’s farhan it might just be wrong. But I’m preparing for that to be the deal hoping for the best preparing for the worst. 

Dunk is reporting the same numbers and hasnt specified if there are any bonuses included.

Just now, Mike said:

When was Harris the entire offense in BC when he got paid that money?

Brady just had 2016 yards from scrimmage and a 5.9 YPC with 13 touchdowns. I know nostalgia is a thing, but that’s a more productive season than Andrew Harris has ever had.

I’m talking about with us - and it was basically 2016- 2019. 

Brady walked into a finished product - and everyone knew Harris was getting the ball. 

Again, I love Brady, best back in the league. The contract is too high in my opinion. 

51 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Something tells me they still manage to sign Schoen. If they can’t I think signing the Canadian RB over an American WR is the better call. Much easier to unearth another American WR. But I still have faith they get it done. 

Agree with the bolded- but I was hoping to flip the RB position and go Import... 

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

He WAS our offence in the playoffs. Nobody else did ****.

Having only 2 receivers who were healthy didnt help tho....plus rostering another one not 100 percent in Mcrae and not even putting him on the field, and having a healthy BOLO dressed...and seeing no use either..as we gimped around out there....oh yeah...and we had an import fullback on top of it all....good god

Glad BO is back and will be key to our offence again....not denying that...but is that price worth it?...if it means we sacrificed elsewhere...and was that a peak season and he won't replicate it again?....and if he misses even 2023 numbers....does it become a sore point?....guess we will see

Edited by Booch

Just now, Booch said:

Having only 2 receivers who were healthy didnt help tho....plus rostering another one not 100 percent in Mcrae and not even putting him on the field, and having a healthy NOLO dressed...and seeing no use either..as we gimped around out there....oh yeah...and we had an import fullback on top of it all....good god

Glad BO is back and will be key to our offence again....not denying that...but is that price worth it?...if it means we sacrificed elsewhere...and was that a peak season and he won't replicate it again?....and if he misses even 2023 numbers....does it become a sore point?....guess we will see

100% it depends on what else we do. So far we are worse than last year. Let's see how we look in a couple weeks.

I’m genuinely baffled at some of the reactions in here lol have we just turned into a ridiculously spoiled and entitled Rideresque fanbase who thinks everyone should take less money for the honour of playing here?

The Bombers just signed the MOP finalist, MOC winner to a two year contract in the prime of his career. Take the hometown element out of it.

MBB members, with no information on other offers, negotiations, the Bombers’ internal cap, how much other players get paid, how much the Bombers were anticipating paying, how much Brady asked for, where we’ve spent or plan to spend other dollars, where we’ve saved or plan to save other dollars or really genuinely any information about anything at all other than just a bunch of retweets from guys they only trust if the information suits their narrative: “tOo MuCh”

what?

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lol didn’t hear anyone say a word about Farhan being unreliable when the Hardrick numbers came out 

True. But honestly it doesn’t matter if it is 50k cheaper, it’s still way too much. Accuracy doesn’t matter when it’s ludicrous either way

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I’m genuinely baffled at some of the reactions in here lol have we just turned into a ridiculously spoiled and entitled Rideresque fanbase who thinks everyone should take less money for the honour of playing here?

The Bombers just signed the MOP finalist, MOC winner to a two year contract in the prime of his career. Take the hometown element out of it.

MBB members, with no information on other offers, negotiations, the Bombers’ internal cap, how much other players get paid, how much the Bombers were anticipating paying, how much Brady asked for, where we’ve spent or plan to spend other dollars, where we’ve saved or plan to save other dollars or really genuinely any information about anything at all other than just a bunch of retweets from guys they only trust if the information suits their narrative: “tOo MuCh”

what?

I'm choosing to be happy. It would have been sooo terrible to see Brady in Argos colours.

This is a win. Let's take it.