2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

I wouldn't be happy about that. I'd rather keep Zack atleast another year..

God we forget very quickly what its like to be gambling at the qb position.   

I think going into the season with an aging QB who hasn’t looked good in fall weather in four years is gambling at the QB position as much as anything.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

LOL I was going to post the exact same GIF

Imagine if the Blue were to cut Zach outright and sign Strev + Brown?

I wouldn’t cut Zach, he could be traded for a good bit of value. Won’t happen, but that’s what I’d do. That is the best case scenario when moving on from a guy like Zach. 

If we go imp rb id love to see us bring in a real big one. Some one in the range of 240lbs running a high 4.5 low 4.6. Some good old Mike sellers style trucking of blockers. 

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think going into the season with an aging QB who hasn’t looked good in fall weather in four years is gambling at the QB position as much as anything.

People are soo fast to turn on every other position when they don’t see exactly the production they expect but QBs get an instant pass if the team wins enough games. It’s nuts. People have turned on wj, jj, biggie, Brady etc for far less than piss poor play off/gc performances. 

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

People are soo fast to turn on every other position when they don’t see exactly the production they expect but QBs get an instant pass if the team wins enough games. It’s nuts. People have turned on wj, jj, biggie, Brady etc for far less than piss poor play off/gc performances. 

It's not nuts. You know why it happens.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

LOL I was going to post the exact same GIF

Imagine if the Blue were to cut Zach outright and sign Strev + Brown?

Zach has a huge chunk (250k) of guaranteed money in 2025 so zero chance he gets cut.  A trade would be the only option.

51 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair there are a lot more variables that can decide a QBs play. Route running, blocking, play call etc.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

And Streveler would be a perfect fit again to balance that out.  Hope it happens.  Collaros struggles with quick game and obviously isn't a threat to run.  Both things that make him easier to defend when weather is a factor.

Streve in talks with Walters about his return....Thought it was a good idea but didn't have much faith in it really happening....IF Chris returns here that would give us a very nice winning combo behind centre, and seeing how Brown is moving along , the move fills the bill....I believe Booch predicted Streveler would return ....his prediction looks like it's going to happen....Great call Booch if you happen to be lurking

Edited by Stickem

Personally, id rather have Streveler than Scheon. Assuming Brown is moving onto a situation where he can compete to start we are left without a backup QB. You aren't going to recruit a backup qb who can immediately help you in that role. Streveler can fill that role and also adds a huge element to our regular offense. With the XFL/USFL reducing jobs by 50% and now having a few years of vets there's going to be a lot more young talent available and we should be able to recruit some receivers. Personally, I would move Lawler back to the slot where he is more prolific.   Obviously, i want all of our guys back plus Streveler.  Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Im awfully interested to see how he would do running the entire offense. His passing skills did progress in the NFL over the coarse of his time there and it would be interesting to see if that improvement would translate to the CFL. 

sincere question....... 

You know how often guys come back from the NFL and they're just not the same as they were before? Maybe they changed their body type, or whatever, to fit in down there, and when they come back it doesn't translate and they're just never the same again........?

Any chance that happens with Strev? 

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Zach has a huge chunk (250k) of guaranteed money in 2025 so zero chance he gets cut.  A trade would be the only option.

With all this aging can't play in poor weather talk, I know I'm cutting against the grain but I still feel pretty good with ZC behind centre for us but obviously important to not go into the season without a competent 2nd stringer.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

sincere question....... 

You know how often guys come back from the NFL and they're just not the same as they were before? Maybe they changed their body type, or whatever, to fit in down there, and when they come back it doesn't translate and they're just never the same again........?

I don’t think so. That usually occurs when the player is asked to change their game or body to fit an NFL role. QB is QB. I’d worry more about that if it was a front 7 type for example. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

sincere question....... 

Strev was created from a slab of Greek Mythical Marble. He can't change, everything just changes around him. 

58 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The DB’s name is Blue.  Good handle if he pans out…. Now go find a guy with Gold for a surname.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

sincere question....... 

Fair question. He was faster more than quick, and honestly had/has good athleticism for a wr. Athletically, as a mobile qb in the cfl I think he’s gonna be a beast. 
 Decision making, style of offence, and reading were in shambles with plops offence before he left. I think the time off will be beneficial. I think he needed the reset mentally. Even athletically he left with a broken ankle actually too.

I think it’s much more of an issue at positions like de, line in general and ball handlers. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It's not nuts. You know why it happens.

People put too much importance on qbing. But it does carry a lot of responsibility. But people hate on blink for kgs injury, turned on lawler for not keeping up his insane pace late in the season etc. if lawler Brady etc we’re QBs they’d a been run outta town long ago. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair there are a lot more variables that can decide a QBs play. Route running, blocking, play call etc.

they do. Every position is heavily dependent on other positions. The team aspect of football is really under rated. Every great team requires soo much selfless play at various positions like what Demski and Bailey do for our off. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

sincere question....... 

You do realize when he dons his fur coat that his super powers return right?

If Streveler makes a comeback to the CFL and signs with us, that would be so absolutely splendidly awesome! The energy and excitement he'd bring back to the Blue Bombers and the stadium would be off the charts! Just thinking about Strevy rocking that Blue and Gold jersey again gets me hyped – he may be the missing piece for another epic season and Grey Cup appearance!

Happy Friday everybody!