2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

37 minutes ago, Jesse said:

There was only one person with an ego who didn’t know when to stop, imo.

Didn't know when to stop? Hmmm, interesting comment considering some of you don't know when to stop either. Do I think Walters can just come in & fire one of MOS coaches without agreement from the HC? No. I don't agree with Booch on that but that's his opinion to which he's entitled.

All this piling on of Booch really sucks because this place is greatly reduced if he truly leaves. Generally, his comments are spot on. He knows his stuff & I enjoy his takes but that doesn't mean he's right all the time. But I've always trusted what he says & I'll continue to do so if he comes back. Some of you though, as soon as you don't agree with another poster then the the condescending comments come out. Like clockwork. 

To be fair, if I point fingers at y'all then I have to point fingers at myself because I do it, too. I can be mean spirited at times. Sometimes our behaviour towards others here is absolutely atrocious. 

But I'm a tough old bird with thick skin. Doesn't bother me if I get sticks thrown at me but it got to Booch. I'm sad he has decided to leave. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Didn't know when to stop? Hmmm, interesting comment considering some of you don't know when to stop either. Do I think Walters can just come in & fire one of MOS coaches without agreement from the HC? No. I don't agree with Booch on that but that's his opinion to which he's entitled.

All this piling on of Booch really sucks because this place is greatly reduced if he truly leaves. Generally, his comments are spot on. He knows his stuff & I enjoy his takes but that doesn't mean he's right all the time. But I've always trusted what he says & I'll continue to do so if he comes back. Some of you though, as soon as you don't agree with another poster then the the condescending comments come out. Like clockwork. 

To be fair, if I point fingers at y'all then I have to point fingers at myself because I do it, too. I can be mean spirited at times. Sometimes our behaviour towards others here is absolutely atrocious. 

But I'm a tough old bird with thick skin. Doesn't bother me if I get sticks thrown at me but it got to Booch. I'm sad he has decided to leave. 

Oh relax, Speed  You know Booch isn’t leaving. He likes the trolling, telling people how much he more he knows, and the ass-kissing from certain posters too much to walk away. He’ll be back. 

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Look, no one was trying to drive Booch away. Wasn't anyone's intention at all. You are right that we can all have egos at times for sure and definitely behavior can be atrocious. That being said what was so atrocious that was said to Booch? All everyone was pointing out is that the roster management and MOS criticisms are now getting over the top. If that hurts Booch's sensibilities that was not the intention. It's the offseason. Let's see what happens this offseason before deciding what MOS will or won't do before INSISTING that he will do nothing. He moved on from his STC because results were below expectations, that's a good start....but when people acknowledged that Booch tried to sell us on a spin that would keep the MOS criticisms going instead of just acknowledging a good move by MOS and management. Why? I think what most of us who are saying we are tired of this narrative are trying to point out is that we literally have not had a discussion over the past 8-9 months where it hasn't been spun back to this same criticism over and over again even when it is completely inapplicable.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There are some good MLB's coming loose in free agency. Guys that would be more than just a replacement for Biggie & all in their primes. I'm hoping we sign one. 

I am not against upgrades at any position that make us younger and better. I just don't believe in setting someone adrift that is still very good until you have secured that upgrade.

Edited by GCn20

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Until they drive someone away...

I know at least 1 quality poster that stopped posting here after a years of casual homophobia reached fever peak this season... God forbid you like OShea or Holm, or think Kola isn't the worst thing ever, or thought Kramdi made a good play... you must be a knob gobbling shaft slobbering cock sucker! Lie to me and tell em I'm exaggerating, go ahead. But we're mean.

At least 1 poster left possibly for good because of Booch, and who knows how many more lurkers have decided this isnt a welcome space to talk football because Booch is so revered here he can say whatever to whoever and still be MBBs darling... so don't worry, the saying is true "assholes live forever", Booch will be back, he doesn't care how any of us feel about him or how he speaks to others, he has made that abundantly clear numerous times. You couldn't get rid of him if you tried.

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

and who knows how many more lurkers

Lurkers are worthless.  Let them leave they don't contribute anything anyway.

Here is the problem... there are some people who will vehemently deny that oshea has roster management problems and some that will take that denial entirely too seriously.  

Make no mistake, Mike oshea for being the best coach going had always had roster blind spots. Our roster usage was complete garbage last season. So I can understand why people get mad when it's denied. It's like denying the sky is blue. But it's also not as awful as some people think. 

Bombers did play most of the year on hard mode last year with their roster usage. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Disagree, this site runs on ad revenue, member or not, the more clicks the better. Beesides $, I myself was a lurker on OB.com for a long time before becoming a, what, 13 or 14 years and running contributor to that site then this one. Some lurkers are just members that haven't signed up yet.

Lurkers help keep the lights on and if, as a community, we drive those people away it's less likely the lights stay on.

In a professional setting are you someone who thinks those in a meeting who are shy, introverted or hesitant to speak are worthless or are you someone who looks for ways to give them a voice?  Do you recognize that different views, perspectives and experiences are valuable and hearing them might benefit the team as a whole or are you someone who rejects that person because they lack the confidence to put themselves out there? Food for thought.

Frankly, I'd rather this be a place where *anyone* feels safe to contribute .. where those with knowledge foster a spirit of understanding of the game and are humble enough to recognize their opinions are not gospel .. I want more voices, not less.

I want to hear all and everyone's opinion on how the Bombers perform...game wise, individual player wise and management decisions....This is what makes this site tick....Some comments go a little overboard and a few posters are a little too sensitive....Sometimes it's wise to grow a thick skin and roll with the punches...I hope Booch returns ...a knowledgeable fan like him would be sad to lose...This place is all about the Bombers ....comments good bad or indifferent are and should always be appreciated...

54 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I know at least 1 quality poster that stopped posting here after a years of casual homophobia reached fever peak this season.

I must have missed the day this was going around..... 

49 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Here is the problem... there are some people who will vehemently deny that oshea has roster management problems and some that will take that denial entirely too seriously.  

Make no mistake, Mike oshea for being the best coach going had always had roster blind spots. Our roster usage was complete garbage last season. So I can understand why people get mad when it's denied. It's like denying the sky is blue. But it's also not as awful as some people think. 

Bombers did play most of the year on hard mode last year with their roster usage. 

Most posters start as lurkers until they feel comfortable enough contributing something.

But if you try and share a conflicting opinion and get smashed or threatened or ridiculed, it turns people away. 

11 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Lurkers help keep the lights on and if, as a community, we drive those people away it's less likely the lights stay on.

In a professional setting are you someone who thinks those in a meeting who are shy, introverted or hesitant to speak are worthless or are you someone who looks for ways to give them a voice?  Do you recognize that different views, perspectives and experiences are valuable and hearing them might benefit the team as a whole or are you someone who rejects that person because they lack the confidence to put themselves out there? Food for thought.

Frankly, I'd rather this be a place where *anyone* feels safe to contribute .. where those with knowledge foster a spirit of understanding of the game and are humble enough to recognize their opinions are not gospel .. I want more voices, not less.

Your whole post is fantastic . . . in theory. 

As a moderator, I understand the challenge of that role (professionally and personally), i.e., providing safe trusting environments where all (introverts, extroverts, ambiverts) feel comfortable sharing their diverse thoughts, views, ideas, perspectives whether fully formed or not with the common objective of contributing for the better.

Especially with the current environment we live in, it's a wicked problem to solve and get better at in an adequate way.

Unfortunately in practice a small minority of humans who consistently spout drivel, play the victim card because they're called on it and yell that they're not being heard ruin it for the diverse population who actually and legitimately aren't being heard and aren't being provided a comfortable safe environment to practice what you articulate above.

This is what we have to debate more and figure out together.  

But not here in this thread.

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I must have missed the day this was going around..... 

The day? I chortle...

I do tend to see a lot of the nastier posts before they get cleaned up by the mods since I'm an MBB addict and check in constantly. Or perhaps it's just so normalized that anyone not affected by that sort of language simply doesn't see it or feel it. In any case, I am surprised you haven't seen it, considering you're here just as much or more than I am.

42 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

It's been months in the making. Used to come and read this everyday. 

Until it turned into a pee pee match in every thread. 

Back to TEP till it gets back on track here. 

Yup. 

the only truly annoying stuff on here is the GCn20 vs Booch stuff, which is polar opposites going at each other..... and that stuff I just scroll right past because we've read it too much for too long. But whatever.... there's other stuff on here that still makes this place FAR more worthwhile than TEP. 

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The day? I chortle...

I do tend to see a lot of the nastier posts before they get cleaned up by the mods since I'm an MBB addict and check in constantly. Or perhaps it's just so normalized that anyone not affected by that sort of language simply doesn't see it or feel it. In any case, I am surprised you haven't seen it, considering you're here just as much or more than I am.

I assume you mean stuff like the comments about a former Riders' head coach?

It did take quite a bit of work to clean that kind of stuff up - but it is better now. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

the only truly annoying stuff on here is the GCn20 vs Booch stuff, which is polar opposites going at each other..... and that stuff I just scroll right past because we've read it too much for too long. But whatever.... there's other stuff on here that still makes this place FAR more worthwhile than TEP. 

But ,we all knows who's mostly in the right there...........

3 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

But ,we all knows who's mostly in the right there...........

The dead horses have been beaten into powder. 

I am so bored by the Bombers discussions since the Grey Cup that I don't even bother with the non-football discussions anymore.

Now I'm a lurker who offers nothing.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

The dead horses have been beaten into powder. 

I am so bored by the Bombers discussions since the Grey Cup that I don't even bother with the non-football discussions anymore.

Now I'm a lurker who offers nothing.

I can not disagree with that assessment........