2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

57 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He's not even doing anything, probably got lazy after signing that new fat contract!

Probably trying to fit all the 0s on a contract extension for Damien jackson to match mos’. Could’ve also been biting his finger nails over the rumor that had Harris going to coach RBs in Regina. Or trying to make sure that he had enough cushion in stock so next year hall and the dbs can play a full 100 yards off the other teams WRs. Could be stocking up on guitar strings for wolis one man band. Or getting a million litres of hatorade ready for the cfl media to fuel their tears. Seeing if he can find/buy enough coal for the stockings of guys like ball, farhan, Chris jones, and a bunch of posters on rf. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Probably trying to fit all the 0s on a contract extension for Damien jackson to match mos’. Could’ve also been biting his finger nails over the rumor that had Harris going to coach RBs in Regina. Or trying to make sure that he had enough cushion in stock so next year hall and the dbs can play a full 100 yards off the other teams WRs. Could be stocking up on guitar strings for wolis one man band. Or getting a million litres of hatorade ready for the cfl media to fuel their tears. Seeing if he can find/buy enough coal for the stockings of guys like ball, farhan, Chris jones, and a bunch of posters on rf. 

Hard to get much done from his new home in Hamilton, not all neighborhoods have internet or phone lines.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Stocking up on Metformin for the old guys.

On 2023-12-14 at 11:23 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

Thursday games before school is out are just about the dumbest scheduling the CFL can do.  Thursday games should only be July and August.

I don't get it. Since when did CFL fans become the whiniest & most entitled sports fans in the world? Everything the CFL does when it comes to scheduling is never right. Always wrong. Someone always complains about something. Fans don't like Sunday games. Oh, weekend games means they have to come back from the lake. Thursday night game are stupid. Games start too late. Games start too early. Oh, it's a school night so I can't take my kids. Well, if they have to be in bed before 9 pm then don't take them as they're too young anyway. Go with someone else. The Jets play home games on Mondays & Tuesdays which is a helluva lot worse than Thursdays & no one complains. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't get it. Since when did CFL fans become the whiniest & most entitled sports fans in the world? Everything the CFL does when it comes to scheduling is never right. Always wrong. Someone always complains about something. Fans don't like Sunday games. Oh, weekend games means they have to come back from the lake. Thursday night game are stupid. Games start too late. Games start too early. Oh, it's a school night so I can't take my kids. Well, if they have to be in bed before 9 pm then don't take them as they're too young anyway. Go with someone else. The Jets play home games on Mondays & Tuesdays which is a helluva lot worse than Thursdays & no one complains. 

They complain about Thursday games, yet, the place is a sell out. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

People complain about people complaining 

52 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

People complain about people complaining 

I'm one of the oldtimers on this site. I don't want to invoke the age thingy where I say the fans had it a lot harder 50-55 years ago. All the weeknight home games during the season started at 8 pm on Tuesdays, Weds & Thursdays. As well as 2:30 pm on weekends. Mostly Sunday. No one complaind about the time the games started saying it's too late for kids.

Before I had a drivers license, I'd take a Stadium Bus from Riverview (where I lived) at Osborne & Jubilee all the way to the stadium. We'd pass through Riverview, go west on Corydon Avenue & into River Heights ending up on Kenaston & taking the St. James Bridge all the way to the stadium. The bus ride took 90 minutes with about 30 stops on the route.

After the game, I'd run for the bus parked at the stadium that would take me from the Stadium to the East Side of the Bay where I'd wait for the Osborne bus to take me home. Sometimes I'd go right back to where I picked up the bus at Jubilee stopping at the opposite side of Osborne. Or get off at Morley Avenue & take the bus to the end of the route where I lived. Getting home after midnight & having to be at Churchill High the next morning for 8:25 am. No one ever complained. Fans just went to the games. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm one of the oldtimers on this site. I don't want to invoke the age thingy where I say the fans had it a lot harder 50-55 years ago. All the weeknight home games during the season started at 8 pm on Tuesdays, Weds & Thursdays. As well as 2:30 pm on weekends. Mostly Sunday. No one complaind about the time the games started saying it's too late for kids.

Before I had a drivers license, I'd take a Stadium Bus from Riverview (where I lived) at Osborne & Jubilee all the way to the stadium. We'd pass through Riverview, go west on Corydon Avenue & into River Heights ending up on Kenaston & taking the St. James Bridge all the way to the stadium. The bus ride took 90 minutes with about 30 stops on the route.

After the game, I'd run for the bus parked at the stadium that would take me from the Stadium to the East Side of the Bay where I'd wait for the Osborne bus to take me home. Sometimes I'd go right back to where I picked up the bus at Jubilee stopping at the opposite side of Osborne. Or get off at Morley Avenue & take the bus to the end of the route where I lived. Getting home after midnight & having to be at Churchill High the next morning for 8:25 am. No one ever complained. Fans just went to the games. 

Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I bet.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say.

Everyone went to Bomber games with an onion on their belt, as was the style at the time. But yellow ones, not the white ones, because of the war.

That's all well and good... but what's the succession plan for the OL then? Cause I don't really want to see them carry 7 on the roster again. It's a bit of a waste of a spot... if Eli and Dobson are that good shouldn't they be playing? 

Guess it can all work out if they simply replace the centre with Eli.