Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

31 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Any word on biggie and shoen

I'm gonna guess both are out 

Biggie was in a walking boot and I heard Schoen has a broken ankle through the grapevine so I'd be surprised and the Woli interview a few weeks back, he didn't come out and say DS is done but reading between the lines, I think he is out for the year 

Edited by Goalie

Catching some of the pre game preamble....why do they keep focusing on this apparently great Als defence who have strung some good games together at back half of season....yet nary a word on leagues best defence... statistically...points allowed wise ..and have done it all yr?

They really have fell in love with that last game and think the Als are some defensive juggernaut....and the 7 game win streak...2 teams are in win streaks last I checked

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm gonna guess both are out 

Biggie was in a walking boot and I heard Schoen has a broken ankle through the grapevine so I'd be surprised and the Woli interview a few weeks back, he didn't come out and say DS is done but reading between the lines, I think he is out for the year 

Both walked in just fine off the bus to the dressing room....guess we shall see eh? 😁

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Schoen looked a little sketchy on entry but Bighill looked pretty normal.

Schoen always looks a bit odd walking....even jogging at times too

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ya true. Interesting re biggie and schoen. Osh is gonna put them on the 46 man roster regardless I think if it's true u gotta be on it to get your name on the cup 

And if they can't perform...would trump the other questionable and almost dumb roster moves he's made...and that scenario actually is troubling me truth be told 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Schoen always looks a bit odd walking....even jogging at times too

And if they can't perform...would trump the other questionable and almost dumb roster moves he's made...and that scenario actually is troubling me truth be told 

If Biggie cant play and they restrict the number of names on the Cup I could see OShea offering to have Biggie's name put on instead of his.*

* if the Bombers win.

And if that happens....do people still say he makes the correct decisions re roster?? 

Sure...u do a guy a solid to get his name inscribed...but u also bone 44 other guys from possibly getting their name on a cup if that majorly blows up in your face ..that would be the stupidest of stupid moves he's made...and should be grated over the coals in media fiercely for it...hope it doesn't happen

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

And if that happens....do people still say he makes the correct decisions re roster?? 

Sure...u do a guy a solid to get his name inscribed...but u also bone 44 other guys from possibly getting their name on a cup if that majorly blows up in your face ..that would be the stupidest of stupid moves he's made...and should be grated over the coals in media fiercely for it...hope it doesn't happen

I hope he doesn't do something that stupid. It could cost us the game. Roster size is not that big that you can just keep players on it for a championship game that can't contribute.

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ya true. Interesting re biggie and schoen. Osh is gonna put them on the 46 man roster regardless I think if it's true u gotta be on it to get your name on the cup 

AFAIK You are still a Grey Cup champion even if you aren't engraved on the cup. Being engraved seems like pretty small potatos when looking at the main prize