Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

Anyway - having watched the last 3 Grey Cups over the last 2 days, it's clear that the Bombers need to go 2019 on Montreal.

Impose their will and everything will be fine.  No playing not to lose.  Don't take the Als lightly, but do not respect them.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It's all good.  I'm deep into the CR, watching the 1984 Grey Cup, then going to watch some F1 in Vegas.  Tomorrow I want to watch the Bombers give the Alouettes an old fashioned arse kicking.  I remember back in the 80's when the Al's came to town with Vince Ferragamo et al and the Bombers just pounded them.  I want that level of poundage once again.  Cody Fajardo is a third-string bum.  And tomorrow he's going to prove it.

For some reason, I remember Billy "White Shoes" Johnson more than Ferragamo, but not in any detail.

9 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Anyway - having watched the last 3 Grey Cups over the last 2 days, it's clear that the Bombers need to go 2019 on Montreal.

Impose their will and everything will be fine.  No playing not to lose.  Don't take the Als lightly, but do not respect them.

For some reason, I remember Billy "White Shoes" Johnson more than Ferragamo, but not in any detail.

Vince Ferragamo was the original Johnny Manziel – with similar results - 3DownNation

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That just might be 3Down's best article ever.

"The Winnipeg Blue Bombers showed no mercy embarrassing the Als 58-2 in front of a packed house at Winnipeg Stadium. Ferragamo was ineffective and managed just four first downs.

Remarkably, the Alouettes qualified for the post-season after winning just three games in the weak East Division. They played at Ottawa in the East semi-final and almost pulled out an upset in the game’s final moments. Ferragamo watched his last CFL game from the press box. His stat line from the year was miserable: in 13 appearances he completed 175-of-342 passes for 2,175 yards, with seven touchdown passes and an incredible 25 interceptions. Colour analysts suggested that when he dropped back in the pocket he was “scared to death.” "

Edited by Wideleft

Just now, Wideleft said:

That just might be 3Downs best article ever.

"The Winnipeg Blue Bombers showed no mercy embarrassing the Als 58-2 in front of a packed house at Winnipeg Stadium. Ferragamo was ineffective and managed just four first downs."

my memory is foggy but I think I might have been at that game.  I hope I was.  

13 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Exactly, don’t take them lightly but don’t respect them. Set the tone early and often. Dictate the game. No mercy. Celebrate after the final whistle.

Rewatching the 2021 Grey Cup, Rose had the big third down stop sacking Masoli in the backfield and of course the heads-up play to scoop the ball to Wilson for the game winning INT. Gotta wonder if there’s something to be said about the “been there, done that” aspect of having him rostered, especially in Hamilton. 

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So who is going to start the game day thread? 

I've checked out the posters' win loss records for the game threads they started:

@Mr. Perfect 1-0

@Geebrr 2-0

@JCon 3-1

@Noeller 3-1

@MOBomberFan 1-2

@Wanna-B-Fanboy 1-0

@Nolby 3-0

@rebusrankin 1-0

Its clear, its gotta be @Nolby or @Geebrr... and for heaven's sake, don't let @JCon, @Noeller or @MOBomberFan start anything today!  Love those guys, but we take NO chances.

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Its clear, its gotta be @Nolby or @Geebrr... and for heaven's sake, don't let @JCon, @Noeller or @MOBomberFan start anything today!  Love those guys, but we take NO chances.

Too late. @SpeedFlex27 already started it. Only one of two outcomes for him at day’s end today. 

xZnLxa.gif

the-simpson-people.gif

6 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Derek Taylor posted on Twitter - that you have to be on the 46 man roster for the GC game, in order to get your name on the Grey Cup.  Can anyone confirm this? I find it strange.

Coaches and all staff get names on the cup. Even the chair of the board gets on there, Dayna Spiring is on there from when she was chair.  

9 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Derek Taylor posted on Twitter - that you have to be on the 46 man roster for the GC game, in order to get your name on the Grey Cup.  Can anyone confirm this? I find it strange.

I was gonna mention I hope that didnt sway Osh roster decisions...and yes that's accurate 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I was gonna mention I hope that didnt sway Osh roster decisions...and yes that's accurate 

So someone can play all year and get injured in the division finals, and NOT get their name on the cup? That seems insane.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

So someone can play all year and get injured in the division finals, and NOT get their name on the cup? That seems insane.

Imagine Dinwiddie wins in 07 and Kevin Glenn doesn't get his name on the cup. That does seem insane

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

yup....it's moreso for saving space on it....but thats the way she goes.....so my one concern was Osh rostering a guy if they wouldn't be actually game ready, and then do what McRae did all last game...stand there with the parka on and be useless....we already waste a DA spot...no need to waste 2 more import positions

23 hours ago, Booch said:

They all scared too...they know as well as anyone with half a brain it's a dumb roster use

Again...anyone with a football skillet and acumyn can do that role ..why u think Jackson is something special is beyond me...it's an issue Osh fell in love with his back story...nothing more

I can name 46 guys who work hard...do as ask...and have wayyyyyyyyyyy more experience in football 

Was even more effective last yr...sans Jackson

In fairness, BO did an interview with Henoc earlier this week and he stated that Jackson is the Bombers Ruetigger. He is loved in the dressing room for his work ethic and leadership. "He inspires the guys" were BO's exact words.

I'm thinking MOS values that and rewards it. He's not a cold and analytical coach and however you feel about that, his success with his decision making is unquestionable.

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ahhhhh man... I feel the shame. Based on the context of the tweet, I thought they were doing a CFL vs NFL debate. And I'm gonna be honest..... Why in the **** was anyone debating Brady O vs Kevin ******* Brown??? Good gravy. 

Never read a post that has been so 100% correct before. Kevin Brown vs BO..like wtf?

14 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Impose their will and everything will be fine.  No playing not to lose.  

Which has been Coach O'Shea's best brand of football.  I fully expect to see it today. 

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

In fairness, BO did an interview with Henoc earlier this week and he stated that Jackson is the Bombers Ruetigger. He is loved in the dressing room for his work ethic and leadership. "He inspires the guys" were BO's exact words.

I'm thinking MOS values that and rewards it. He's not a cold and analytical coach and however you feel about that, his success with his decision making is unquestionable.

Never read a post that has been so 100% correct before. Kevin Brown vs BO..like wtf?

Those are the guys who prob got a vote for MOP 

Atleast that mentality 

Edited by Goalie