SNF Kitty Cats at 4 Stripes

bustamente

33 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Attempt? Yes. Complete?...not sure.. Only one that comes to mind was that terrible INT he threw.

They had nothing to counter-attack the blitz and the pressure.  By the end of the game the Ti-Cats were getting pressure rushing only 3 guys at times!   

I believe the first few drives Dolegala did have some decent 10 yard passes... but by the 2nd quarter it felt like he only had 5 yard dump offs at the sidelines.  

If we finish of the Elks at home....and cgy spanks em next week...we could conceivably put out a B team and gift wrap the opportunity to CGy...sadly 2 straight non playoff appearances likely spells end to the clown show staff there...but an overhaul next year likely still has them in 5th place...there is next to no core there to build around player wise..and just see too much quit and no care selfish attitude there with bulk of them...I wouldn't want many carry over guys from that squad

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

If we finish of the Elks at home....and cgy spanks em next week...we could conceivably put out a B team and gift wrap the opportunity to CGy...sadly 2 straight non playoff appearances likely spells end to the clown show staff there...but an overhaul next year likely still has them in 5th place...there is next to no core there to build around player wise..and just see too much quit and no care selfish attitude there with bulk of them...I wouldn't want many carry over guys from that squad

I was thinking that but it could be a repeat of 2001. Bombers let the Stamps into the playoffs and Calgary won the Cup.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Ottawa crossing over is not out of the question.

It’s not but it’s not going to be easy. They have 2 games against TO and one against MTL. I’d say they have no chance of winning all 3 of them which they would have to do. 

4 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Stamps could very well still make the playoffs.

Similar to the OTT situation. Cal plays Sask, BC,Wpg. They only need two wins as long as it’s against Sask and one win against BC or Wpg (let’s hope they beat BC lol). 

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

We should take care of business when the Elks come here to wrap up 1st place. Close the door on CGY... They are much scarier in my opinion than anything SSK can muster

If the Riders keep playing that poorly, anything could happen. Agreed on the Stamps - they have much better coaching and could make some noise...QB is a liability though.

It'll be interesting to see whether or not the Argos take their foot off the gas. I think the Ticats will make the east final and could give them some solid competition. 

That is one putrid club sask. has......IF they remain in a playoff spot that will be criminal....for the sake of the CFL I hope Cal. can seep in....At least they'd give the leo's 'some' competition....I don't like playing 'easy' to 'help' another club ....against all principles, BUT IF any club was to be ousted in the final part of the reg season...the riders sure as hell deserve that fate

12 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That is one putrid club sask. has......IF they remain in a playoff spot that will be criminal....for the sake of the CFL I hope Cal. can seep in....At least they'd give the leo's 'some' competition....I don't like playing 'easy' to 'help' another club ....against all principles, BUT IF any club was to be ousted in the final part of the reg season...the riders sure as hell deserve that fate

Problem is calgary has been ******* terrible this year too. 

Too much credit being given to Calgary as if they haven't earned their spot on the trash heap this season. I think people are letting their memory of Stampeders teams of 10 years ago cloud their judgement. Stamps are no better than Riders, and in fact, might be worse. You're doing no favours to the league by saying that Calgary would be a better playoff option than Sask because they really aren't.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Too much credit being given to Calgary as if they haven't earned their spot on the trash heap this season. I think people are letting their memory of Stampeders teams of 10 years ago cloud their judgement. Stamps are no better than Riders, and in fact, might be worse. You're doing no favours to the league by saying that Calgary would be a better playoff option than Sask because they really aren't.

Agreed, I kept picking the Stamps to win through the first half of the season assuming they still had good talent and the QB to win games, record shows that is no longer the case.  I can't see them sticking with Maier next season, expect to see a number of QB's in TC pushing for his job.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ideally we make 1st, Stumps or Riders take down the lions in a major upset and then come into our Den for a reality check. But at the end of the day don’t matter whom you play I’m hoping.

Something is definitely rotting from within in Sask and it's not gonna be a 1....2 yr turn around...there are some deep rooted problems there....and i have zero pity for them as a fanbase...after years of their pathetic behaviour and the #1991 crap...

I would love to see them not make it...but also wanna see them get in as it may be a catalyst to keep a lot of the problem there together...also come a WSF the dbags there...and selfish players on that team are likely to take liberties and cheap shots...and have the Lions come out pretty banged up....and if they eeek out a win....it will be just a complete dismantling here in WF