Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So we keep Jackson on the roster to block on 4 or 5 plays and PR and DE who would be and has been great in a rotation? Idiotic.

Guess Murphy practices harder than fox..Haba... Buetenshaw... unbelievable...maybe Lawson better up his practice habits..Schmeckle i heard is just givener

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Racking my coconut trying to figure out what Jackson brings to this team and frankly I'm at a loss, I just don't see what O'Shea seems to see

Nothing anyone else over 200 pounds couldn't...literally nothing...and his blocking isn't dominant either...a few times he actually has got in way of BO

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Man I hate agreeing with the angry mob but Haba absolutely needs to be on the roster. This makes zero sense.

Maybe not quite ready?  

people were ranting and demanding Darby, then he goes to injured list.

there are things we do not know. Specially injury info. Makes the insulting comments directed at the team, and O’Shea seem silly,  and probably driving some people away.

Make your point, and move on.

Edited by Mark F

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Maybe not quite ready?  

there are things we do not know. Specially injury info. Makes the insulting comments directed at the team, and O’Shea seem silly,  and probably driving some people away.

it just never stops.

More than fair... and I tend to lean this way. But man... Haba was so good before and we desperately need DL rotation help.

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

More than fair... and I tend to lean this way. But man... Haba was so good before and we desperately need DL rotation help.

Honestly do we need to hear that the coach who brought us two cups “has his head up his ass”

tired of it.

If someone chooses to think they know better than O shea, 😂, sure post it.  But leave out the insults, and don’t repeat yourself ad nauseum.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Honestly do we need to hear that the coach who brought us two cups “has his head up his ass”

tired of it.

If someone chooses to think they know better than O shea, 😂, sure post it.  But leave out the insults, and don’t repeat yourself ad nauseum.

O'Shea has made puzzling roster moves going way back though.  Still a good coach still no-one I'd rather have but from the beginning he has had some head scratchers.  

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

O'Shea has made puzzling roster moves going way back though.  Still a good coach still no-one I'd rather have but from the beginning he has had some head scratchers.  

I am not saying he has never made a wrong move.  Or is free of error.

if you went by some people here’s posts you’d think he should be fired. Ridiculous.

Edited by Mark F

Beyond stupid. The two Jeffs are on the wrong side of 30 and have been a non-factor for awhile now. They are gassed. Its just been such a stubborn braindead decision not to add a defensive end to the game day roster to spell those two once in a while. It was dumb not to pick someone up to help when Haba was injured, and now that he's healthy its just idiotic.

I will laugh tho when we win the cup and osh gives it to Jackson 

Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy 

Guess dudes a great motivational guy tho cuz honestly non factor 

I'd understand if dude was Canadian but he's American ffs 

Osh can't cut a marine I guess. Can't demote him. Reasons unknown 

Trying to think of reasons for Jackson over Haba especially is just, nope 

Edited by Goalie

10 hours ago, Mark F said:

Maybe not quite ready?  

Make your point, and move on.

If he wasn't ready he would be staying on the IR... even just for 1-game... moving him to the PR says he's healthy but they aren't rostering him... I've said it before, I don't hate the roster decisions as much as others... but I absolutely cannot understand why we are not using more DL... our defense has been at it's best when we do that...

All I can assume at this point is that there is information that MOS has that we don't. MOS is not stupid, does not have his head up his ass, and has forgotten more about coaching football than any of us will ever know. We have the benefit of criticizing his moves in a bubble without access to the whole picture. I wish he would explain his reasoning once in a while because we would likely all have "aha" moments after and learn something but he keeps the locker room in the locker room. C'est la vie. From the outside looking in some of his roster choices are hard to logically explain. I have to assume that their are reasons for them that we are not, and never will be, privy too. 

Edited by GCn20

So I can find the logic in the invisible man Bennett being rostered, I can see the logic in a lot of what they do, but for the life of me I can not see the logic in using a roster spot on Jackson at all. He can't take meaningful reps on either offense or defense and neither is he some kind of indispensable special teamer... just don't know what he bring to this roster. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So I can find the logic in the invisible man Bennett being rostered, I can see the logic in a lot of what they do, but for the life of me I can not see the logic in using a roster spot on Jackson at all. He can't take meaningful reps on either offense or defense and neither is he some kind of indispensable special teamer... just don't know what he bring to this roster. 

Bench rah rah guy?