Banjo Bowl early thread

blue85gold

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

We could conceivably add all 3...or Fox instead of Clements...McRae should sit in favour of Fox/Haba because Parker can return..and really McRae does nothing exceptional for the offence...how many actual reps had he even gotten last 3 games...none of note

Honestly, Parker does nothing for us in the return game either. If Grant is not ready to play I could care less whether it is McCrae or Parker returning. The only thing Parker does well is catch. His returns are non existent. We desperately need Grant back soon, and if not a new returner that can actually give us some returns.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Honestly, Parker does nothing for us in the return game either. If Grant is not ready to play I could care less whether it is McCrae or Parker returning. The only thing Parker does well is catch. His returns are non existent. We desperately need Grant back soon, and if not a new returner that can actually give us some returns.

Atleast Parker doesnt bobble every second kick that he fields.....

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Atleast Parker doesnt bobble every second kick that he fields.....

He also just falls down after 3 yards when catching it. Neither McCrae of Parker are particularly good but for different reasons. Surely there has to be some unemployed actual returner somewhere we can bring in if Grant doesn't return soon.

Edited by GCn20

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He does more than McRae...and also can back up corner...HB and Sam...and do it well...McRae can't 

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He also just falls down after 3 yards when catching it. Neither McCrae of Parker are particularly good but for different reasons. Surely there has to be some unemployed actual returner somewhere we can bring in if Grant doesn't return soon.

His average is better...so there is that..and less a threat to turn it over

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

We really miss Grant but there’s no excuse not to atleast have another capable returner out there. It’s been bad. 

Yeah epic fail after McRae second game to not bring a guy in

9 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah the Bombers are wayyyyyyyyy too stand pat when it comes to replacements. Its like theyre afraid to bring any new blood in. Not wanting to rock the boat or ruffle any feathers/disrupt the locker room maybe. It could also be called complacency.

I go with complacent attitude...and a bit of the Ritchie syndrome...Osh falls in love with some guys to no end...and no real reason also

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Totally agree. The yards we gave up on kick returns compared to what we generated DEMANDS a change

1 hour ago, Booch said:

He does more than McRae...and also can back up corner...HB and Sam...and do it well...McRae can't 

His average is better...so there is that..and less a threat to turn it over

Yeah epic fail after McRae second game to not bring a guy in

I really don't care about average when it comes to returns. I want a guy who is a legit threat to break one. Parker isn't that guy. We need Grant back, or a legit returner ASAP. Demski is better than both of Parker and McCrae combined but it would be foolish to risk him. Maybe Grant is close? I hope so...but if he goes on the 6 game again and we stand pat it would be a big mistake. Returners are not expensive.

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I really don't care about average when it comes to returns. I want a guy who is a legit threat to break one. Parker isn't that guy. We need Grant back, or a legit returner ASAP. Demski is better than both of Parker and McCrae combined but it would be foolish to risk him. Maybe Grant is close? I hope so...but if he goes on the 6 game again and we stand pat it would be a big mistake. Returners are not expensive.

Nor is McRae tho...but he is a  legit threat to cough it up...so we stuck between rock and hard place...at least Parker would have more overall impact

We have to reserve ourselves to the fact that Osh is unwilling to shuffle the deck and inject some new spark...anywhere and are going to have to suffer through going with his favs...or guys who he feels he owes it to...plain and simple...the fact he didn't ask Walters to get him a legit returner in the meantime while Grant heals is a joke...2 games of garbage should have had a guy or 2 in here for looks...how u think Grant got on the roster...

Edited by Booch

just a note re: protection for ZC8.......Protection isn't just about the OL. It's scheme and it's everyone on offense. It's easy to blame the OL when protection breaks down, but it could be a receiver or RB missing a block, too. I have no clue what it is, but Zach is clearly rattled and has been for some time, going back at least to the start of the Elks game. 

1 hour ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Again, Zac was getting chased and beat up throughout the game. 

These games are not one offs anymore, more of a pattern. If we are too stubborn to make a change up front then scheme needs to be adjusted. 

At this rate Zac will be held together with duct tape and super glue come playoffs. 

Its partially zachs fault, he's holding the ball longer. He's got the yips and has since b4 he missed a game 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Booch said:

Nor is McRae...his a legit threat to cough it up...so we stuck between rock and hard place...at least Parker would have more overall impact

We have to reserve ourselves to the fact that Osh is unwilling to shuffle the deck and inject some new spark...anywhere and are going to have to suffer through going with his favs...or guys who he feels he owes it to...plain and simple...the fact he didn't ask Walters to get him a legit returner in the meantime while Grant heals is a joke...2 games of garbage should have had a guy or 2 in here for looks...how u think Grant got on the roster...

Parker and McCrae suck as returners. PERIOD. Full stop. I don't care who brings more value being dressed. Just as an example, Charles Nelson is sitting around doing bupkus, has probably stayed in shape and has familiarity with our STs.....and is a decent returner to boot.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Parker and McCrae suck as returners. PERIOD. Full stop. I don't care who brings more value being dressed. Just as an example, Charles Nelson is sitting around doing bupkus, has probably stayed in shape and has familiarity with our STs.....and is a decent returner to boot.

I not disagreeing...but all we have...as our depth on pr blows...it's a matter of picking the smartest dumb kid...or tallest little person...it's again...come back to issues with poor roster management...which too many seem to think I'd just a few people opinion and complaints...even tho it's glaring in its obvious state

Hey...we do have a DA fullback tho...Swarmay can return too...give him that role in lieu of a 6 snap a game guy who anyone on roster literally could do his role save for a kicker

Edited by Booch

41 minutes ago, Noeller said:

just a note re: protection for ZC8.......Protection isn't just about the OL. It's scheme and it's everyone on offense. It's easy to blame the OL when protection breaks down, but it could be a receiver or RB missing a block, too. I have no clue what it is, but Zach is clearly rattled and has been for some time, going back at least to the start of the Elks game. 

They need an ability to go to quick passing game especially as Oliviera being such a threat with a head of steam draws D up and inside.

Feels like there might be some resistance from the QB to that.  

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I would have given McCrae 1 more game honestly. It wasn't much, but he did break a decent return against MTL. Maybe that was the start of something...? probably not, but I thought it would have been good to see. Parker was a disappointment imo. Just doesn't look to have that burst that good returners have. That's what I like about McCrae, if given a lane he has the speed to score from anywhere. I'm not sure the same can be said about Parker....he looked flat out slow out there.

32 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They need an ability to go to quick passing game especially as Oliviera being such a threat with a head of steam draws D up and inside.

Feels like there might be some resistance from the QB to that.  

In all 3 losses, Zach has pushed the ball downfield when shorter throws were there. He's done it every game honestly, but the losses stick out more! lol

Some of the long completions happened because of outstanding plays by receivers, on not so great passes.

couple of Lawler long receptions were that way.

And now the longer throws seem to be short quite often. And lawler is not doing much.

maybe try something else . The long ball  is not working.  

was it three completions first half the other day?  Something like that.

do the patriots thing….. short quick passes, run,  the long ball once in a while.  (Already said better by others)

Edited by Mark F