LDC 2023 Early chat

Nolby

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Got a pic with Buck taken back when he was the starting QB.  Ran into him at his restaurant (I think it's closed now) and though I hated to bug him I went over and asked for a pic with my nephew and he immediately said yes and we went into the front entrance area and took some pics with him.  Years later same thing happened where I ran into Andrew Harris at the St. Vital Earls, and he also agreed immediately to a picture with me.  CFL'ers are the best!

Danny and Buck's was an awesome restaurant! Buck hosted trivia nights for a short while, and he was always smiling and happy to make time for fans. They had a really good Louisianna style fried chicken sandwich with hot sauce that put other restaurants to shame. I'd go get one rfn if I could.

42 minutes ago, White Out said:

I should have flown in a bit earlier I didn't know that we had a party Saturday night shows what kind of a Labor Day Noob I am

Yeah you wanna get there by Saturday afternoon and stay drunk right until game time.

They moved up the start for many years to noon or 1 PM local to curb the drunkenness in the stadium.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah you wanna get there by Saturday afternoon and stay drunk right until game time.

For a really top experience, get into a fight, get punched in the face, nose broken, have your pants pulled off, fall down the concrete stairs, get a concussion, get carried out on a stretcher, and kicked out for life! 

all on youtube.

good times!

Edited by Mark F

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

For a really top experience, get into a fight, get punched in the face, nose broken, have your pants pulled off, fall down the concrete stairs, get a concussion, get carried out on a stretcher, and kicked out for life! 

all on youtube.

good times!

A commendable performance. Been years since I’ve tried that. Miss those days. 

24 minutes ago, Mark F said:

all on youtube.

good times!

That sounds more like a Rider fan experience.  Just add in, split your stupid watermelon wig, when falling down the stairs.

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’d be surprised if the game didn’t get pushed back to a later start or maybe postponed entirely

The air quality here today is horrendous 

Seeing that. The Air quality health index is currently at 10+....i think the CFL needs it to be below 8.5....seeing the lowest forecast to be 7 by tonight...sooooo hopefully!