Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT

JCon

On the positive.....Kenny Lawler keeps working his magic......on the negative.....what the hell is with the lackadaisical starts to our games......It's like we sleep walk in the begining of some games....wake up finally and usually pull off a win BUT considering the opposition , they could put anyone to sleep...I wish the club would stop scaring the hell out of me to start some games off

Edited by Stickem

13 hours ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

Since the game is done, maybe it's hunting season on Ford.  It seems to be ok in this game and if they call a RTP on the Bombers, we definitely know the game is rigged.

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

All those this is fine mafia makes no mistakes people backing away into the hedge like homer right now. 

giphy.gif

Interesting and encouraging part is this team never wavered....panicked or pressed which generally results in unforced errors....went back to what works...and took over

A point to be proud of too, is the fact they were getting bent over on calls, as well as some cheap chippyness and never squawked and whined...didn't even show negative body language in reaction to it....didn't take retaliation style selfish penalties....just kept grinding and took the game over....thats why we win more often than lose....the team plays for each other

The funny part to see tho was the Elks yukking it up...prancing and dancing....being smug figuring they had it in the bag and then watch the change as the game slipped away

48 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The key to watching any Bomber game is to find your zen.  Don't know how to describe it, but it looks an awful lot like this:

At 15-0 I was calm as a hindu cow. 22-0 had me feeling anxious but there was still so much time left. One vitally important detail helped me keep the faith: it's the friggin Elks

55 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Holm has been a beast all season. He just always seems to be around the football. Smart player who gets better every single week. 

He's arguably been our most consistent dB this year as well, very good db,  good speed and doesn't seem to be out of place too often.

Just letting everyone know I am alright.... Ha ha. At 22 down, I was cold and soaked from the rain, and was considering heading out and getting to my hotel an hour east of town. Coorsman talked me into staying and, in the end, I'm glad I did. To be able to see that Lawler catch in person is something special...

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

just watched an interview with Dru Brown on TSN. pretty calm & well spoken. Paid tribute to Zach saying he's done so much to help him develop. Brown also said that it's always something bad that happens when the guy ahead of you either goes down or is benched. He paid tribute to his receivers all making plays for him.

That is probably the best post-game sideline interview I've ever seen.  Also credit to Ryan Rishaug for giving Brown time to answer fully.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Just letting everyone know I am alright.... Ha ha. At 22 down, I was cold and soaked from the rain, and was considering heading out and getting to my hotel an hour east of town. Coorsman talked me into staying and, in the end, I'm glad I did. To be able to see that Lawler catch in person is something special...

It was touch and go for a while but called the team off after the Schoen touchdown. 

AIL4fc-PU4_IFJGbwzcEWY21UrkJ5qa-t2Oxy__P

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I told my girl friend at 22-0 we were going to come back and win that game. It’s the CFL anything could happen! Glad you stuck it out, must have been a very satisfying second half to be at the game! 

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

How do we keep Dru Brown after this season? Sucks

Bombers win a third Grey Cup in 4 years and Collaros retires.

Or we finally complete the 2019 loop and send Collaros back to Toronto to finish up his career at home (his current home) after this season.

To be clear, not advocating for this, just laying out the potential scenarios for Brown to stay here.  

Think of what Edmonton gave Cornelius and think of what a team like that might pay a guy who has actually won a game in their stadium.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I'll wager it would be a very different experience and he'd be less effective - QBing the Elks.

Yeah depends what the leadership group is.  But the demand for a guy with Brown's skill and experience incubating here will be high.  

IMO BC, Calgary, Edmonton, Sask, Hamilton, Ottawa, Montreal all would move on Brown.  Yeah some of them have "starters" now, but they aren't anything more than average.

27 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm old enough to remember certain forum members wanting to cut Brown after his 1st game appearance. 

Yes this sounds very familiar, but didn't he fumble the ball all by himself on his first touch? It just sort of jumped out of his hands for no obvious reason but jitters. He looked like a complete deer in the headlights when he first hit the field. He's clearly come a long way, last night alone will have suitors lined up come FA