Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT

JCon

Who? The Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ USport team, I think? 
What? Football, mostly.
When? 8pnm Central
Where? Commonwealth Mausoleum
Why? FOOTBALL!!

F3GFi8IWoAEGb1y?format=jpg&name=large

F3GbiABbUAAgWXH?format=jpg&name=medium

I really like this new logo:

F2i4sdeasAAwOp0?format=jpg&name=medium 

GAME PREVIEW | WPG

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/08/09/game-preview-wpg-at-edm-2/AT E

Ed's preview.

LFG!!!

M

Edited by JCon

• JCon changed the title to Week 10 - Blue Bombers (6-2) @ LOLks (0-8) - GDT
1 hour ago, JCon said:

wpg-at-edm-2/AT E

Ed's preview.

LFG!!!

• The six-game injured list still features LBs Malik Clements, Shayne Gauthier and Jared Beeksma, FB Mike Miller, DEs Thiadric Hansen and Celestin Haba, KR/WR Janarion Grant and CB Desmond Lawrence. Lawrence, it’s worth noting, is the only one of that crew who has returned to practice, as he did this week.

Jaysus!

2 hours ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

I hope the team just comes out and plays hard and not ***** foot around because they think it will be an easy win.

Just a reminder that Edmonton has traditionally played teams tough for the first half this year and then wilt in the second, so we should not panic if the game is not an early blowout (he said knowing that advice is like spitting into the wind once the GDT gets going). 

We could rush 3 guys and play contain all night and slap these elk silly. If we get blitz drunk again it could be ugly. But hall has to have learned his lesson after ott, right? 

46 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Well, this will certainly be a football game.

If the bombers contain ford it might be a game of tiddly winks for the elks offence. If he turns it into a track meet it could be more shooting dice. 

9 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Just can’t take them lightly we saw what happened in Ottawa. Come out and play hard for 60 minutes and there won’t be any issues we’re the better team just have to stay focused for 60 minutes. 

Trap game of trap games. Old bombers wouldn’t fall for it enough to lose. Feel like we won’t today either after having dumped one to ott. 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We could rush 3 guys and play contain all night and slap these elk silly. If we get blitz drunk again it could be ugly. But hall has to have learned his lesson after ott, right? 

If the bombers contain ford it might be a game of tiddly winks for the elks offence. If he turns it into a track meet it could be more shooting dice. 

12 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Just can’t take them lightly we saw what happened in Ottawa. Come out and play hard for 60 minutes and there won’t be any issues we’re the better team just have to stay focused for 60 minutes. 

Ace in the hole....we have Wilson this game....Prob one of the best LB's for tracking down open field runners and using pursuit angles almost flawlessly....I'm not too concerned....if he was in his usual spot in Ottawa game, and we weren't rotating Briggs and Mauro...with especially heavy use of Briggs in last part of fourth....we would be sitting at 7-1....Also his smarts and experience are key...same can be said with Rose...he as well may have recognized that he could break off coverage and knife into the fracass...he is a very underrated open field tackler in cuttings guys down...tho I see it

...SOMEONE is going to be the first team to lose to Edmonton..... SOMEONE is going to be the first team to lose to Edmonton at Commonwealth since 2019........... and I just pray it's not us. Want desperately for it to be Sask, but as long as it's not us, I'm good. 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

...SOMEONE is going to be the first team to lose to Edmonton..... SOMEONE is going to be the first team to lose to Edmonton at Commonwealth since 2019........... and I just pray it's not us. Want desperately for it to be Sask, but as long as it's not us, I'm good. 

Calgary loses the Labour Day back to back

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Local Metis artist designed the new logo for them. It's sick, for sure. I believe they've painted it at centre field as well. Good for them.

Now, let's smoke these assholes.

I hear Local Metis politician Kevin Klein is whipping up a special logo for our Sept 30th home game!