Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Why did the official call no end on the Bombers? Was it because Hardrick was more than a yard off the line?

I see some olines that curle away from the line of scrimmage and their tackles look like they are more than a yard from the line. I also wondered why it wasnt called.

Could be.  Wolitarsky was a yard back as well covering the tackle.  Either way bullshit call if the line judge can't make it on the field or it's not challenged by the coach.  If they are going to do that they need to review every play immediately.

Standard is usually front toe for a tackle at the back of the football.  They are never on the LOS.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

They weren't gassed until late 4th when we allowed Ottawa to dominate TOP and were running a tempo offence. Up until that point we dominated TOP and were not gassed. Tempo gasses defences no matter what your depth is because you CAN'T make substitutions. How pray tell would depth have helped when we couldn't get them on the field?

call a time out...fake an injury....theres 2 ways right there

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Castillo needs to get some hang time on his kickoffs.

He’s bad at kick offs. It’s strange he can crush 55 yard field goals but can’t kick off decently well. They should have Sheahan kick off. He’s got a huge leg. 

9 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Collaros being the only MOP candidate through the first half of the season.  I can't even imagine casting a vote for someone else.

There's no QB's close to him.  There's no RB's or receivers having exceptional seasons, I guess pending what Lawler can put up with Collaros and Schoen in a little more than half a season.

Betts and Jefferson on D are having great seasons but don't think they'll be in the MOP discussion.

I think Willy should get strong consideration but defensive players seldom do. But for my money he’d be my pick. 
 If Zach stays healthy though it’s his to lose. 

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

When is the last time the Bombers had a 5000 yard passer 3 1000 yard receivers and a 1000 yard rusher? 2007? 2002?

I don't think we've had very many 5k guys have we? I'm not sure anyone after Khari did it and before that... Like did Dunigan stay healthy enough to hit that? Burgess? Clements? Dieter?

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

Demario Houston is turning over a crap ton of balls...

Houston has been amazing this year… Nichols is probably still the top dog in our secondary but Houston isn’t far behind.

19 hours ago, Booch said:

I would dress 7 lineman minimum who could contribute and be impactful..Thomas and Bennet would not be 2 of.them...Nor.that Putz schmeckle they have on the PR

I think we all agree 7 linemen would be ideal but you know it can’t be done without those three you mentioned… best case with our current roster is Jeff-Lawson-Walker-Jeff with Thomas/Bennett, Hansen, and Haba/Fox rotating in 

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Houston has been amazing this year… Nichols is probably still the top dog in our secondary but Houston isn’t far behind.

I think we all agree 7 linemen would be ideal but you know it can’t be done without those three you mentioned… best case with our current roster is Jeff-Lawson-Walker-Jeff with Thomas/Bennett, Hansen, and Haba/Fox rotating in 

and that goes back to not bringing in and or drafting any gus capable....and also bringing back and relying on Thomas

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Most Passing Yards – Season

5,334 – Khari Jones – 2002

5,114 – Kevin Glenn – 2007

4,796 – Dieter Brock – 1981

4,686 – Tom Clements – 1987

4,682 – Matt Dunigan – 1993

Just going to throw the TDs on here too:

Most Passing Touchdowns – Season

46 – Khari Jones – 2002

37 – Zach Collaros – 2022

36 – Matt Dunigan – 1993

35 – Tom Clements – 1987

34 – Jack Jacobs – 1952

1952 roster. Interesting, mostly canucks.  First season without amateur teams I just read. 16 game schedule.

I remember a fair number of these names. Specially Gerry James. Probably the only person to play in cfl and NHL. Our version of bo Jackson.

https://www.statscrew.com/football/roster/t-CFLWPG/y-1952

Edited by Mark F

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Most Passing Yards – Season

5,334 – Khari Jones – 2002

5,114 – Kevin Glenn – 2007

4,796 – Dieter Brock – 1981

4,686 – Tom Clements – 1987

4,682 – Matt Dunigan – 1993

Collaros is going to retire as one of the all time best bomber QBs… he’s gotta crack at least the top five on this list

Helluva athlete was Gerry James.....the guy lived football and to some extent hockey.....I remember Grant not being too happy with his signing with the Leafs in the offseason ....but just looked the other way when hockey season rolled around....Youngest player at 17 to play in the CFL....I believe James is still playing golf somewhere on Vancouver Island and doing well

20 hours ago, Booch said:

call a time out...fake an injury....theres 2 ways right there

Sure..but you do that and you are stopping the clock and giving them time. If not for a big run..Ottawa runs out of time. Do we give them 3 extra plays or hope our guys can make one more. Not an easy choice.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Back to back ships already cemented his legacy,  everything else is just adding to it. 

Back 2 back MOPs too

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

Collaros is going to retire as one of the all time best bomber QBs… he’s gotta crack at least the top five on this list

Meh...qb yardage is a red herring stat

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Sure..but you do that and you are stopping the clock and giving them time. If not for a big run..Ottawa runs out of time. Do we give them 3 extra plays or hope our guys can make one more. Not an easy choice.

Back 2 back MOPs too

Meh...qb yardage is a red herring stat

I'd say he's currently the front runner for a 3 peat MOP. 16/5 ratio, leads in YPG, yards. He's at a pace for another career year. Collaros will definitely be a ring of honor name as well.

55 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I'd say he's currently the front runner for a 3 peat MOP. 16/5 ratio, leads in YPG, yards. He's at a pace for another career year. Collaros will definitely be a ring of honor name as well.

If he doesn’t win it, it might just be voter fatigue. Same as people not voting for McDavid to win MVP, it’s too easy. 

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

If he doesn’t win it, it might just be voter fatigue. Same as people not voting for McDavid to win MVP, it’s too easy. 

It's tiring seeing McDavid win it but he does deserve it. I understand that if it's not your team then it can become tiring and redundant hearing the same name over and over every year. Essentially, if people are tired of it then have your team (not YOURS but the 8 others) stop em, he gets paid too.

6 minutes ago, Nolby said:

It's tiring seeing McDavid win it but he does deserve it. I understand that if it's not your team then it can become tiring and redundant hearing the same name over and over every year. Essentially, if people are tired of it then have your team (not YOURS but the 8 others) stop em, he gets paid too.

Absolutely. I get it, as I am an Oilers fan. He can win every year and I’ll celebrate.

If Collaros was a Rider, I’d be ecstatic if he won three MOP in a row. Especially if he deserves to win, which he has the last two years. At this juncture he’s on track to win again, but who knows with the media… especially with Kelly being a Toronto guy.

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Absolutely. I get it, as I am an Oilers fan. He can win every year and I’ll celebrate.

If Collaros was a Rider, I’d be ecstatic if he won three MOP in a row. Especially if he deserves to win, which he has the last two years. At this juncture he’s on track to win again, but who knows with the media… especially with Kelly being a Toronto guy.

Collaros was a Rider.