Week 9 - Lions @ Blue Bombers - GDT

JCon

Who: Little Lion Cubs @ the Blue Bombers
What: Football!
When: 7:30 Central
Where: Fort Hew!
Why: To even up the series!

WEATHER REPORT: A-**CKING-MAZING!  28 at kickoff with wind out of the north at 19, gusting to 29.

LFG!

Game Day | BC vs WPG | August 3, 7:30 PM | IG Field

Princess Auto Pre-Game Tailgate Specials

Purolator Tackle Hunger Information

Bud Grant Memorial Ceremony

Skip Featured Item

Bomber Store Feature of the Game

GAME PREVIEW | BC VS WPG

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/08/02/game-preview-bc-vs-wpg-7/WPG

winnipeg-blue-bombers-come-on-down-to-wi

BC-AT-WINNIPEG_AUGUST-3-1-1600x1124.png

Edited by JCon
Added the weather report.

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

There's gonna be big games all year.....I think we can safely say this is one of them......GOBIGBLUE

The players can yap all they want about just another game but I guarantee that guys like Stan and Yosh have had this circled on their calendar for a while now.

Keeping Zach Collaros clean is key tonight. Lions sacked him 7 times in the prior game. You can BETT they'll be coming after him again. A couple of times Betts was past Yoshi and on ZC before Hardrick got out of his stance. But the whole O line looked old, slow, and basically shell-shocked. Hence the adjustment to add extra blocking help at the FB position. Look for Lions O to pick on Winston Rose - hopefully he's the all-star we want him to be. Missing Janarion Grant and Mike Miller on Special Teams. Kyrie Wilson back is huge. It'll be a tight win ... Bombers by 4 points! Go Blue!!!

40 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Keeping Zach Collaros clean is key tonight. Lions sacked him 7 times in the prior game. You can BETT they'll be coming after him again. A couple of times Betts was past Yoshi and on ZC before Hardrick got out of his stance. But the whole O line looked old, slow, and basically shell-shocked. Hence the adjustment to add extra blocking help at the FB position. Look for Lions O to pick on Winston Rose - hopefully he's the all-star we want him to be. Missing Janarion Grant and Mike Miller on Special Teams. Kyrie Wilson back is huge. It'll be a tight win ... Bombers by 4 points! Go Blue!!!

not sure why people think the waste of a DA on Jackson was a tweak and an adjustment to combat the BC pressure....he was in that exact same roster spot for that game....and hamstringing yourself by removing a playmaker for a full back, when a scheme and game plan tweak is all that was/is needed is beyond dumb....It was a bad game plan...an anomaly of a freak off performance by the Bombers...and the guys were content being at home all fat and sassy figuring they just needed to show up, and everything would get taken care of like it has been for last 2+ yrs.....and they were wrong and got punched right in the pie hole for it....when a hungry BC team came in and balled out....Now is the point where we punch back and re-establish who's the boss in the West...or we turtle and cower and concede things....I see the punch back coming...likely a K.O 

Edited by Booch

21 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

As @Boochsaid Jackson coming in just takes a playmaker out. A poster on another site had Jackson in for 11 out of 56 offensive plays against Edmonton. I'll say it again a waste of a spot for a guy to play 20% of your offensive snaps as an extra blocker and on teams. 

its pointless...dumb...and a waste...A number of guys on the roster....Canadian ones at that can do that role, and a player such as Fox..Swarmay...Parker...Garbutt....Clements when healthy would serve a heck of a lot more value....and all contribute on special teams....There is no practical, or logical reason for him to dress, and any argument for it to try and justify it is just nonsense and an attempt to mask the fact that Oshea has a track record of poor roster management from the get go...still has it, and will play guys that in his mind for a lack of a better word are his favorites...talent or usefulness be damned....plain and simple and nobody here in the media has the onions to call him on it, or question him about it as they know they will get the Osh doucher response, and likely pay the price for it going forward with them not getting the access and insight for articles any more...convince me other wise if you can but I have been around this game inside and out long enough...and talk to a lot of people still in it to know better

Edited by Booch

I just hope we come out ready to play .. a series of two and outs right out of the gate is going to take our crowd out of it quick (especially after the last few home games).

If we do get up on the Lions early, let's bury them.  Punch them in the mouth and then keep swinging.  To hell with this nonsense of not running up the score and playing conservatively with the lead - we don't have the horses for it.

I want to see guys winning one on one battles.

I want to see our offensively line play with a little nastiness and pride.

I want our playmakers (on offense and defense) making plays.

I want to see clean play and execution right from the opening snap.

I want to see the mentally weak Evans collapse under pressure.

Bombers win

Lawler td catch.

Wilson return.... inspirational

d line .... untired, relentless, unstoppable unblockable.

evans ..... throws picks. whines.

post game headline :       "Booch  nails it, , as Bryant humbles Betts"

disgruntled mbb fans... placated.  ok maybe asking too much.

yesssssssss! 

Edited by Mark F

Game in and game out, this season I have very little confidence... we just aren't the same team we once were. But there's always hope. If Zach gets enough time to work, he'll dice them up... but I have very little confidence in the Bombers ability to protect him right now. Hoping tonight, following a bye week, will be the start of something new....

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Game in and game out, this season I have very little confidence... we just aren't the same team we once were. But there's always hope. If Zach gets enough time to work, he'll dice them up... but I have very little confidence in the Bombers ability to protect him right now. Hoping tonight, following a bye week, will be the start of something new....

I've gone from expecting to win every game to feeling like we have a great shot at winning most games. I have the same worries about the OL and the lack of DL depth.