Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I can almost understand sticking with Jackson at this point. Man is a beast back there. Keep Zach clean tomorrow.

But between Cole Darby, and McCrae, we can't keep on some of Parker, Daramy-Swaray, and/or a piece on DL?

I love what Jackson brings. I’d be fine with rostering him, as would most any one on here, if we gave him reps at DL to see if he can be a rotational piece there. If he can he’d be a tremendous value as a di. And tbh, I can’t see how a guy like that can move bodies at will and win one on one battles in short yardage but couldn’t do the same in eating a block. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I love what Jackson brings. I’d be fine with rostering him, as would most any one on here, if we gave him reps at DL to see if he can be a rotational piece there. If he can he’d be a tremendous value as a di. And tbh, I can’t see how a guy like that can move bodies at will and win one on one battles in short yardage but couldn’t do the same in eating a block. 

IF we used him on the dline...or even just tried him out a few snaps then I'd be somewhat ok with it...but still not ideal...

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

IF we used him on the dline...or even just tried him out a few snaps then I'd be somewhat ok with it...but still not ideal...

Yea....give him some work rotationally to earn his spot. He is a SY guy and very good at it. If he can spell off our DL starters for a few snaps a game it would be good rostering as he can be an emergency OL as well.

Just now, voodoochylde said:

He wasn't fielding them either.  Let more than one hit the turf.

but we have a backup fullback who is one of our DA's...so we good...we started the8...9 dlineman trend a few yrs back....surely we faking teams out to follow suit and burn a DA spot on a pointless player...Kudos to you coach Osh...u sneaky s.o.b 

Can it be they plan to run a lot of schemes with the FB lined up for additional blocking help - ie spying Betts? Lions certainly exposed our O-line as old and slow in the first game. Bombers certainly miss Janarion Grant for field position on returns. Here's hoping we see the good Winston Rose. Should be a real slobberknocker! Go Blue!

9 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Can it be they plan to run a lot of schemes with the FB lined up for additional blocking help - ie spying Betts? Lions certainly exposed our O-line as old and slow in the first game. Bombers certainly miss Janarion Grant for field position on returns. Here's hoping we see the good Winston Rose. Should be a real slobberknocker! Go Blue!

but we have one of our fullbacks from last yr on roster now tho...and thats not a scheme you scheme for, as you don't know where he is lining up, or if he is dropping out...so that would be pointless

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

but we have one of our fullbacks from last yr on roster now tho...and thats not a scheme you scheme for, as you don't know where he is lining up, or if he is dropping out...so that would be pointless

To be fair, Burtenshaw is mostly just a ST guy and has rarely played any FB.

It's a shame Parker isn't on the roster. He's looked great whenever he's played this year. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ya he's not really of any use on offense. 

The plan must be to have Jackson really involved in blocking. 

DL depth is thin. Would kill to have a couple useful CDN rotational guys right now.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

but really...we have enough ST guys anyway...and I sure a Canadian who has had reps there before...can be adequate in that role when we playing one of the better offenses in the league...with minimal defensive depth and 2 guys fresh off the 6 game

Just look at BC depth chart...and rotational depth they have on defense....and what they have been doing this yr...then look at ours....and correlate it to the issues we have been plagued with on defense...BC defense is gonna be fresh all game and bringing the heat...so hopefully Buck has schemed for it...looking at their depth chart doesnt have me feeling too good

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

but really...we have enough ST guys anyway...and I sure a Canadian who has had reps there before...can be adequate in that role when we playing one of the better offenses in the league...with minimal defensive depth and 2 guys fresh off the 6 game

Just look at BC depth chart...and rotational depth they have on defense....and what they have been doing this yr...then look at ours....and correlate it to the issues we have been plagued with on defense...BC defense is gonna be fresh all game and bringing the heat...so hopefully Buck has schemed for it...looking at their depth chart doesnt have me feeling too good

Oh I wholeheartedly agree. Our defensive rotation usage at this point is beyond pathetic. 

My 2 cents...Jackson sucks to use a DA spot on him......but.....he is a really good blocker and let's be honest last time we played them we needed better blocking. One would assume the reason he is on again is that the coaches feel he adds enough in his blocking ability to offset the thin depth it creates elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

My 2 cents...Jackson sucks to use a DA spot on him......but.....he is a really good blocker and let's be honest last time we played them we needed better blocking. One would assume the reason he is on again is that the coaches feel he adds enough in his blocking ability to offset the thin depth it creates elsewhere. 

didnt help last game against them....and to alleviate that pressure...you scheme for it better and then they cant pin ears back and come after you...we didnt do that....a FB in if we dont have a scheme for that isn't gonna help us...especially when his insert takes a playmaker off the field

Augustine should have utility as a blocking back.  If he doesn’t I have no idea why we roster him with McCrae on and don’t put a better player on for D and special teams.  

Bennett isn’t really a player so we continue to go with 5 DL and Maruo really as the 3rd rush end.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

From our last game against B.C., we’re also adding Houston, Lawson, and Lawler. None of whom were on the roster in the first game.

Not insignificant adds...also Rose. The guys are going bat**** crazy over roster management again but this is the strongest lineup we've had all year. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yep. In us HS they have used an under sized nose. This has trickled up a lot to college and even some nfl teams. Instead of the nose being a huge mountain that dominates one or two guys through physicality, you use a faster guy who can turn the centre and shoot the gap with the centres butt closing the other A gap. I think Jackson could be that guy and It’s atleast worth a try. We throw biggie into that centre but he isn’t the guy to turn him around and blow the play up any more. Jeffcoat and Willy do this a bit when we run cheetah. 

11 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Augustine should have utility as a blocking back.  If he doesn’t I have no idea why we roster him with McCrae on and don’t put a better player on for D and special teams.  

Bennett isn’t really a player so we continue to go with 5 DL and Maruo really as the 3rd rush end.

We are awful at making use out of RBs and flank types like that. 
 Bennett should be on the pr till camp next year at this point.