Lions v Bombers Part 2

Jpan85

3 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Anyone worried that Evans threw up 400+ yds for BC last week and BC defense shut out the Elks?   We are getting healthy, but the Bomber dominance (aside from the 1st game) has been pretty much non-existent this year.  Just have a bad feeling BC is still formidable without VAJ at the controls.

we are so up in Evans head for the most part he will prob piss his lions tighty whities

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

we are so up in Evans head for the most part he will prob piss his lions tighty whities

So much so he threw for 5 TDs and 450 yards the last time the Bombers played him. Was same thing leading into the game last year be careful what you wish for,

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

So much so he threw for 5 TDs and 450 yards the last time the Bombers played him. Was same thing leading into the game last year be careful what you wish for,

Yea, we got completely manhandled that game. Kinda like the BC game earlier this year save all the outrage afterwards.

15 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

sun shines on any dogs arse once in a blue moon....in the games that counted...Grey Cups....he was Fajesque

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea, we got completely manhandled that game. Kinda like the BC game earlier this year save all the outrage afterwards.

yup...thats season outlier game as well

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's a good point... they haven't announced yet, but there is a chance it could be a less-than-100% VAJ this week. 

There’s no excuse to lose anyways. We’re almost completely healthy, coming off a bye, at home. If we don’t come out flying and win this football game I think we can agree it’s going to be a tough road to the Grey Cup. 

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He carved us up pretty good in week 3.

Did he though? One td drive was result of 2 PI penalties and given that the Bombers offense did sweet **** all and the TOP was hugely skewed I don't think the BC offense really carved anything up. Bombers just did nothing on offense and bc had a million chances with the ball.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Did he though? One td drive was result of 2 PI penalties and given that the Bombers offense did sweet **** all and the TOP was hugely skewed I don't think the BC offense really carved anything up. Bombers just did nothing on offense and bc had a million chances with the ball.

He marched the ball on us all game and we couldnt get off the field. We always seem to have trouble containing running QB's for some reason. Our offense was trash too, due to our o-line continually collapsing into Collaros all game. This game worries me plenty. Lose two to BC and have them 4 points ahead with the tiebreaker and you can pretty much kiss 1st place goodbye.

Pressure Evans right out of the gate....when he gets happy feet he'll cough it up....Betts cannot be allowed to roam around in our backfield like he did the last game....Have to keep Zack clean.....he has to spread the ball around and make use of our receiving talent to the fullest....Pound their d with Brady and we should be alright

I know BC is still 6-1 but I feel they're not quite as good as the first time we played them. We got bodies coming back on D, Lawler is here, hopefully the Oline touched up over the bye week. BC won't be beating us like they did earlier, Bombers need a big win or this could come back at them for playoff seating.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He marched the ball on us all game and we couldnt get off the field. We always seem to have trouble containing running QB's for some reason. Our offense was trash too, due to our o-line continually collapsing into Collaros all game. This game worries me plenty. Lose two to BC and have them 4 points ahead with the tiebreaker and you can pretty much kiss 1st place goodbye.

Everyone marches on the Bombers D, it's by design. But bc only scored 30 points in a game the Bombers O did less than nothing... I don't think the yardage was obscene either (but stats r hard right cfl?) The game was ugly because the O was useless. Bc offense didn't do anything terribly impressive. Give any offense the ball back that often they will have some drives.

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Everyone marches on the Bombers D, it's by design. But bc only scored 30 points in a game the Bombers O did less than nothing... I don't think the yardage was obscene either (but stats r hard right cfl?) The game was ugly because the O was useless. Bc offense didn't do anything terribly impressive. Give any offense the ball back that often they will have some drives.

They hardly marched on us....we just sucked offensively that game....like horribly out of sync and bizzare...and that being said...we were still in it after 3 quarters really....our 9 penalties to their 5 also kind of screwed us....as we rarely take more penalties

https://www.cfl.ca/games/6314/winnipeg-blue bombers-vs-bc-lions/#/preview

as the defences put a spy on a running qb like crum

Bombers O might put a spy on Betts. an extra blocker. I guess have one less receiver.

just follow him side to side, wherever he goes, the spy is waiting. someone who is a good blocker.

someone that he cant just flatten, who is also quick, that he cant run around. 

not an original idea I'm sure. been done one zillion times.

Edited by Mark F