LL Cool J feat. BC Lions & EDM Elks

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Notable achievements:

1) be responsible for the CFL implementing a coaches salary cap

2) having the CFL's first stash house for extra players

3) quitting the riders a week after signing an extension

4) quitting his "dream job" with his high school alma mater after 1 game.

Wow what a loser!

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Edmonton should start Ford and they need to get rid of Jones ASAP. Its too bad because Cui seems to be doing a good job on the marketing side.

Yea Cui is certainly trying that’s for sure. Not only Jones but his right hand man Geroy Simon is in jeopardy of a job too. 
Must win next game.

Short week excuse is just that...an excuse unless u lost 4 or 5 legit starters and their backups in the game....too much is made of it...we played on short weeks 3 times last yr...and as well previous yrs...didn't affect jack...and nobody in the organization made more of it...or even mentioned it....

Like they say..excuses are for losers...same with whiners and complainers on the field...something else u rarely see here..even if it could be considered warranted like the garbage calls on Friday..but nope...not hardly a peep...just took care of business

36 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah it's tough. You're almost forced to elevate an existing staff member if you want to make an in-season change   ironically, he's the reason the coaches cap exists in the first place. 

He has the player cap maxed out too, it's why they had to cut Castillo.  They spent too heavy on receivers so even if MBT was available, i don't see how they could afford it.

Are the coaches contracts fully guaranteed? 

37 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

No excuses. Any team, any time, anywhere.

Think O'Shea would go on the podium and whine about a short week? Over his dead body

excuses are for losers. And bc has lots of em ready. 

That said pro football teams shouldn’t play two games in less than 6 days. It’s dumb. 4 days rest and one is travel is just bad scheduling. 

Cornelius looks to have regressed, it seemed like he was beginning to figure out the game by the end of last season, but not much evidence of that now.  Not sure the main reason but it can't help not having any experienced CFL QB in the room to add guidance even during his rookie season. Only Jones would throw 3 rookie QB's together in a room to figure out how to prepare and play the game, it's almost like expecting a bunch of 5 year olds to step up and run a daycare.  

I don't think Jones has any understanding of the offensive side of the ball and just leaves it up to McAdoo, who doesn't seem to know anything about QB's either, so he hired his buddy Jarious Jackson to babysit them.

Edited by Fatty Liver

Yeah no vet there doesn't help...also last yr he was a threat to run..so teams had to play a lil more passive in coverage to help in run support...it just fear of it.

I think his spleen injury from being pummeled last yr is in his head and he seems scared to run..and teams see it...so he needs to beat em with his arm...in the pocket ..he seems to be consciously wanting to hang in pocket...and has zero awareness around him....and hasn't proved he can hit broad side of a barn...and has zero touch to his passes...that's what I see.

I bet a game with ford in...with that run threat as well as a good arm...would make the Elk offence look totally different....if Jones doesn't do that..he should be canned

A team with Lewis.. Mitchel and Dunbar as well as BRown should never get shut out...well no team should really...but a team with zero threat of even coming close to scoring should never happen with the guys mentioned

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Are the coaches contracts fully guaranteed? 

Afaik, they are.  It's one of the things players brought up in the past, while trying to get guarantees of their own.  They didn't think it was right that a coaches income was safe while a players wasn't.

14 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Notable achievements:

1) be responsible for the CFL implementing a coaches salary cap

2) having the CFL's first stash house for extra players

3) quitting the riders a week after signing an extension

4) quitting his "dream job" with his high school alma mater after 1 game.

Jones may be the worst coach in the CFL, but no question that his reign in Edmonton will be memorable.

Edmonton has the perfect group on offense to use a guy like Pigrome in an RPO scheme.  Run option and take deep shots.

I’m not sure Ford has the arm to do it.  Haven’t seen enough of Locksley.

I’m not sure what Cornelius can do now.  He looks like he doesn’t want to be out there…and he certainly doesn’t have the passing skills to run what they’ve been trying to these first two weeks.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

and yet last season the roster turnover all through the season was very high.

and came up with nothing. 

maybe Jones has no decent  connections for new players.

Lawler probably has some tales.

The reality is that Jones is a terrible GM and has probably crippled the team by maxing out the player budget. If/when the new GM and/or coach comes in, there will be a helluva mess to clean up. The season is probably lost, one way or another.

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Corny is horrid...no touch...zero awareness out there on the field and I not sure he has enough between the ears to process what he sees and read a defense to know where to go with the ball...actually I don't think he sees anything...what a colossal screw up putting eggs in that basket

If Jones doesn't start Ford next week he should be canned as Locksley isn't the answer either.

Mitchel better step up his effort and attitude as well to back up his boasting..not being any kind of leader or example setter there.

BC...again a team of show boaters and clowns...will be fun to watch wind get sucked out of their sails like last year...I don't see them being able to go toe to toe with us..

If we don't get more pressure on Adams then that Lions receiving corps will light up our secondary. I mean, if Sean Bane Jr can look like a HOF receiver against our defense then what will Dominique Rhymes & Lucky Whitehead do to us???

37 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Edmonton has the perfect group on offense to use a guy like Pigrome in an RPO scheme.  Run option and take deep shots.

I’m not sure Ford has the arm to do it.  Haven’t seen enough of Locksley.

I’m not sure what Cornelius can do now.  He looks like he doesn’t want to be out there…and he certainly doesn’t have the passing skills to run what they’ve been trying to these first two weeks.

I think Jones & McAdoo were the only ones who thought Cornelius could be a legit CFL starter. Certainly, I don't think anyone else did. What an epic screw up. One that should be worthy of being punted outta town. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Afaik, they are.  It's one of the things players brought up in the past, while trying to get guarantees of their own.  They didn't think it was right that a coaches income was safe while a players wasn't.

I knew they were at least partially guaranteed. Players should get more guaranteed cash but I think health care is a much bigger issue for them. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If we don't get more pressure on Adams then that Lions receiving corps will light up our secondary. I mean, if Sean Bane Jr can look like a HOF receiver against our defense then what will Dominique Rhymes & Lucky Whitehead do to us???

I agree.....he pulled off on the elks exactly what Harris was doing to us.....quick release and along with that 'not enough pressure',....These guys will pick you apart ...especially if your db's are not having a great game....We should have had a couple of pic's in the sask. game, but the case of the dropsies cost us and you can't do that against an Adams or Harris ....I think Rhymes and Lucky are on the limp.....may not see them

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He still gets to count his money after every loss. 

The move to get Lewis is exactly what Jones did last year in signing Lawler.....He has a penchant for throwing tons of dough at a star player in hopes they'll carry the team...........I don't think that plan works well

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

The move to get Lewis is exactly what Jones did last year in signing Lawler.....He has a penchant for throwing tons of dough at a star player in hopes they'll carry the team...........I don't think that plan works well

Especially if it's not a QB...