LL Cool J feat. BC Lions & EDM Elks

Chris Jones and his ego is the problem. He's very Mike Kelly'ish. Always the smartest man in the room and no one is going to tell them different. Putting WR's at DB and all the other nonsense he's been known for. Having all his eggs in the Corny basket is going to cost him his job. Its almost like he's too American/NFL for the CFL. The whole "a QB has to be atleast 6'5" and possess a rocket arm" NFL bias garbage that has prevented a lot of great QB's from ever really getting a chance. I really hope its the last we see of that arrogant goof when he gets canned.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Really looking forward to Thursday now.

Would be much better if bc had more than 4 days rest including travel. Crappy scheduling. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm thinking Jones has 2 games to turn things around otherwise he's getting canned.     Getting blanked is embarrassing.    

Corny is awful what a mistake. 

They fall to 0-4, jones gets fired. Cui brings in plop to hc/gm etc and plop gives mbt major money to come to Edmonton.  Then the elk rise up above the riders and battle for a cross over spot. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes reminds me of 2013 in Winnipeg.  Before the mafia took over.  Man was that bleak.

But nobody worried about us... Nobody worried about the league because we were down. Everybody loved it, at worst, and at best, didn't care.

I'm not gonna sit here and feel sorry for anyone, least of all Chris Jones and the LOLks.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

They fall to 0-4, jones gets fired. Cui brings in plop to hc/gm etc and plop gives mbt major money to come to Edmonton.  Then the elk rise up above the riders and battle for a cross over spot. 

Don't see it happening, at least this season.

If they can Jones, because of the cap, I'd guess Geroy would assume full GM duties and someone like McAdoo would be HC for the remainder of the year.

MBT is under contract in the AFL until the end of September so he wouldn't be up here in time to salvage anything for them.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

If they can Jones, because of the cap, I'd guess Geroy would assume full GM duties and someone like McAdoo would be HC for the remainder of the year.

MBT is under contract in the AFL until the end of September so he wouldn't be up here in time to salvage anything for them.

MBT is in the USFL. Perhaps if he really wanted to, MBT can buy out his contract. 

Corny is horrid...no touch...zero awareness out there on the field and I not sure he has enough between the ears to process what he sees and read a defense to know where to go with the ball...actually I don't think he sees anything...what a colossal screw up putting eggs in that basket

If Jones doesn't start Ford next week he should be canned as Locksley isn't the answer either.

Mitchel better step up his effort and attitude as well to back up his boasting..not being any kind of leader or example setter there.

BC...again a team of show boaters and clowns...will be fun to watch wind get sucked out of their sails like last year...I don't see them being able to go toe to toe with us..

8 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Jones does have their cap all messed up. I think he’s doing 3-4 jobs for the elk. If a team fires a coach mid season it’d be nice if they gave some flexibility to bring some one in mid season to fill some role. A contract like jones could be a nightmare to replace mid season. Unless maybe they get some of the pro rated remaining cap back. 

BC pitched a shutout for the 3rd time in team history. They are the best defense we will face so far. 

Marque game coming up on Thursday. I wish it was a Sunday game so BC has no excuses. 

Edmonton has a good defense, but that offense is offensive. 

Edited by TBURGESS

When you look as hapless as the Elks look AND you get shut out in this league, I think it's time to have a real good look at your product on the field and the people in charge.....That was an abysmal effort by deadmonton .....not entertaining football at all, and it'll take a herculean effort to remain a fan of that club...I didn't see any redeeming factor for them...the qb. looks totally over rated....the receivers can't catch....and their running game is wanting...Oh boy have they got a lot of work to do.....Major airlift and replacements needed

32 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jones does have their cap all messed up. I think he’s doing 3-4 jobs for the elk. If a team fires a coach mid season it’d be nice if they gave some flexibility to bring some one in mid season to fill some role. A contract like jones could be a nightmare to replace mid season. Unless maybe they get some of the pro rated remaining cap back. 

Yeah it's tough. You're almost forced to elevate an existing staff member if you want to make an in-season change   ironically, he's the reason the coaches cap exists in the first place. 

He has the player cap maxed out too, it's why they had to cut Castillo.  They spent too heavy on receivers so even if MBT was available, i don't see how they could afford it.