LL Cool J feat. BC Lions & EDM Elks

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, as we get older we mature & think back... At least for me, I think how could I have been so stupid? That's what life is all about, though. The older we get the more wiser we supposedly become. That's why when I read some of the critical comments some made about Lawler a couple of years ago, they were all correct. No denying that. But I never criticized him as I was just as guilty as Kenny. 

What bothers me is that we as a society haven’t learned. For the most part our kids are doing a better job than us but if you look at the stats for drunk driving charges most are 60 plus years old. Never learned to look back, and see the errors like you have. 

56 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

https://twitter.com/CFL_Headlines/status/1670562671727394816?s=20

Chris Jones is riding Corny right into the unemployment line.

Jones is a guy who thinks he knows more than anyone else. He is so stubbornly stupid. This is also the problem when you load up one person to make all the scouting, personnel & coaching decisions. Jones had built his own little empire within the team. With the damned coach & admin cap firing him & replacing him with multiple people will be more expensive. So, the Elks seem stuck with this guy for the foreseeable future. He knows it & doesn't care what anyone thinks. 

22 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

What bothers me is that we as a society haven’t learned. For the most part our kids are doing a better job than us but if you look at the stats for drunk driving charges most are 60 plus years old. Never learned to look back, and see the errors like you have. 

Not everyone figures it out. I'd say that my generation is much more in tune than my father's. He smoked his face off before quitting & drank a lot until his 70's. Most of my friends parents were like that when I was growing up. 

38 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

What I see in Kelowna is a lot of young folk "driving while high".  You can actually smell the cannabis wafting out of cars when you stop for a red light.  I don't know if this generation is any smarter, they've just replaced booze with drugs.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What I see in Kelowna is a lot of young folk "driving while high".  You can actually smell the cannabis wafting out of cars when you stop for a red light.  I don't know if this generation is any smarter, they've just replaced booze with drugs.

Definitely not a new phenomenon. People have been driving high for ages so it's not a matter of replacing one with the other and it's not exclusive to a specific generation.

weed-cannabis.gif

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Definitely not a new phenomenon. People have been driving high for ages so it's not a matter of replacing one with the other and it's not exclusive to a specific generation.

weed-cannabis.gif

yeah but now it's legal so it's definitely much more brazen.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Schoen is 27 going on 28 next yr..after 3 attempts his NFL window is slammed shut

Lawler is only 28 currently...so he will have 4...5 top yrs left in him

To keep both next yr is easy...and will be done...and there are guys that sure don't make huge cash but well above minimum who we likely transition from...the Augustine's..Rose..Thomas...maybe a Gauthier or Briggs...quite possibly Jeffcoat if doesn't play more than 12 games this yr...and play them at a MODP level...so not too concerned

Hardrick is 5 yrs Bryant's junior and shows no signs of slowing down...if anything this yr looks better than ever...and same can be said with Bryant...so I see both back back next yr..on fair deals again...same with Neuf...and if they close out 2023 as still dominant players...then why would we dump them if we can afford them?

The fact we have Richmond..Dobson..Eli and even Kolo who isn't a youngin as much in the wings just in case allows us some security and choices 

This team is set up pretty well to just have to re-tool/augment as opposed to rebuild...for a good many yrs yet. Other than our 2 tackles and Lawler signing 1 yr deals as it looks now all on offence could be back...including the 3 mentioned next yr...and why would you not bring them back the way they clicking...and if we make it work this yr? All the key guys on offence will be on 3rd..4th...5th deals so increase from a rookie salary to a top teir one is only gonna happen with Schoen....we should be fine

Our window is open as long as Zach is chucking it. Mafia can find replacements for anyone else but losing your QB will send you into a tailspin.

We saw the Chad kelly Show last night & Jim Kelly's nephew played well especially in the first half. He may be the real deal. Once again, it brings up the question, why do some CFL qbs get it & others don't??

AFAIK, Cornelius has no qb coach in Edmonton. He's being coached up at the qb position by a former OL who is the OC. The most important position on the team & Jones didn't think it was important enough to bring in a qb coach. That could be part of the problem why Cornelius struggles. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lawler is paying for his serious lack of judgement two years ago. I'm sure he'll be relieved to get this legal stuff over with & behind him when it's over. Pretty expensive lesson.

I'm not going to say we've all done it as I'm sure some here haven't but I'll be honest, 40-45 years ago when I was in my 20's & single, I got behind the wheel & drove home from a bar or party way over the legal limit plenty of times. I was just lucky I never got caught. The law was severe back then but not as severe as it is now. I hardly drink anymore & when I do it's at home. My kids & their wives don't drink so when we go there liquor is never served. My friends for the most part don't either. So, when we socialize it's juice, pop or water. I have liquor in my liquor cabinet still left over from last Xmas. But hey, back in the early 80's it was party time & I did some stupid things like drinking & driving. I made the same decisions Lawler made getting behind the wheel so I can't be harsh with him or I'm a hypocrite. We both very bad choices. I just got away with it because it was a fluke the cops never pulled me over. 

At one of my bars I used to own, we had a wall mount breathalyzer. You would get a pre-packaged straw and blow into it and get a reading. I could have charged but I didn't as a public service. That thing saved me from driving more than once when I thought I was just fine. Sometimes, a person really doesn't feel the effects yet but is still impaired past the legal limit and then it consciously hits 5-10-15 minutes later. You go out and have a couple schooners of draft and you are probably over the limit. A ton of people would disagree with me on that but I've seen it with my own eyes verified by a breathalyzer. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We saw the Chad kelly Show last night & Jim Kelly's nephew played well especially in the first half. He may be the real deal. Once again, it brings up the question, why do some CFL qbs get it & others don't??

AFAIK, Cornelius has no qb coach in Edmonton. He's being coached up at the qb position by a former OL who is the OC. The most important position on the team & Jones didn't think it was important enough to bring in a qb coach. That could be part of the problem why Cornelius struggles. 

Jarious Jackson is QB coach in Edmonton.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

You are suggesting we will cut Lawler? That's a bold prediction.

I’ll be honest. I forgot Kenny was on a 2 year deal.

That said, his price goes up in year 2 and I would really want Schoen back if I’m the Bombers, so that’s a tricky situation. 

To my point about Kenny needing a strong second half, we have yet to see him play a full (18 game) season. I’m still waiting to see him prove that he’s a 300k guy.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

At one of my bars I used to own, we had a wall mount breathalyzer. You would get a pre-packaged straw and blow into it and get a reading. I could have charged but I didn't as a public service. That thing saved me from driving more than once when I thought I was just fine. Sometimes, a person really doesn't feel the effects yet but is still impaired past the legal limit and then it consciously hits 5-10-15 minutes later. You go out and have a couple schooners of draft and you are probably over the limit. A ton of people would disagree with me on that but I've seen it with my own eyes verified by a breathalyzer. 

You ability to drive is affected by many other factors than just your BAC. There are reactions to prescribed meds, dehydration, stress, psychiatric conditions OTC meds, your age, gender and if you are a heavy drinker.

22 hours ago, Jesse said:

I’ll be honest. I forgot Kenny was on a 2 year deal.

That said, his price goes up in year 2 and I would really want Schoen back if I’m the Bombers, so that’s a tricky situation. 

To my point about Kenny needing a strong second half, we have yet to see him play a full (18 game) season. I’m still waiting to see him prove that he’s a 300k guy.

That's the thing, no receiver is worth $300K, but here we are.

On 2023-06-17 at 8:15 PM, bigg jay said:

I know it's early in the season but something tells me Dillon Mitchell is not going to reach his goal of 2000 receiving yards. 

Game 1 - 1 catch for -5 yards

Game 2 - 2 catches for 1 yard so far.

Not putting the blame on him, Corny is absolutely terrible.

I said it when he said it - focus on getting 1000 yards before your predict 2000.

It isn’t being confident it is being dumb. 

On 2023-06-19 at 2:33 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

My bad, as Cornelius has Jarious Jackson as a qb coach. 

8 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

That's the thing, no receiver is worth $300K, but here we are.

And the Bombers will have both here next season. If the market says a receiver is worth $300,000 then he is.