Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

On 2023-10-13 at 8:27 PM, Super Duper Negatron said:

I wish the Cats had pulled that out. Trey Ford with nothing to lose scares me.

We're coming off a bye week.....Elks playing today and have to come here Sat.....We have a lot on the line ....they are playing for next year....Just take care of business .....takin care of business and workin overtime.....We should be alright

Edited by Stickem

56 minutes ago, Stickem said:

We're coming off a bye week.....Elks playing today and have to come here Sat.....We have a lot on the line ....they are playing for next year....Just take of business .....takin care of business and workin overtime.....We should be alright

Elks pretty banged up too...I not concerned about either of our games ...if the cgy one means diddly to us I would like to see the Jeff's sat and see what Garbutt and Haba with Hansen rotated in can do...I'd like to see both Fox and Walker take snaps together too..but on offence I want all the regs dressed and get reps...

I don't come on here nearly as much as I used to because I find the negativity crazy. I just wanted to pop in on a bye week to remind everyone we're the only team in the league with a winning record the last 4 seasons. 3 grey cup appearances and 2 wins in the last 3.

It's ok to just enjoy the ride despite the flaws. We had years on end of awful teams and coaches to complain about.

Despite not being perfect, since 2019 this is the best franchise in the CFL. A few years ago it was a dream just to see a grey cup win, the idea that Winnipeg would become the top team in the league for years, unheard of. Enjoy it. Enjoy Saskatchewan losing every game. Enjoy Calgary trying to just scrape into the playoffs. 

Just enjoy it

1 hour ago, brett_c_b said:

I don't come on here nearly as much as I used to because I find the negativity crazy. I just wanted to pop in on a bye week to remind everyone we're the only team in the league with a winning record the last 4 seasons. 3 grey cup appearances and 2 wins in the last 3.

It's ok to just enjoy the ride despite the flaws. We had years on end of awful teams and coaches to complain about.

Despite not being perfect, since 2019 this is the best franchise in the CFL. A few years ago it was a dream just to see a grey cup win, the idea that Winnipeg would become the top team in the league for years, unheard of. Enjoy it. Enjoy Saskatchewan losing every game. Enjoy Calgary trying to just scrape into the playoffs. 

Just enjoy it

It's just me but I've never understood posts like this. I get the message but what we do here with each other agreeing, disagreeing most of us know at the end of the day it's all in good fun and all this stuff is a far second to real life but posting stuff like be more positive is ironically toxic whether meant or not.

Oh and argos suck.

Yup...it's good there is differing opinions...arguments...disagreeing....but in end we all game and want to see the Cup back here...I have my thoughts and opinions as I want the best product...and not do the atypical regression and slide to Rider type disaster...doesn't mean I want to see failure...quite the opposite 

2 hours ago, brett_c_b said:

Just enjoy it

What happened two and three years ago has no impact on today. Last year even has a minimal impact now. It’s not the same team and it’s not the same league. 

Glad to see some of these posts. I don't love a drive by from someone who doesn't post regularly and just comes here out of nowhere to take a shot at the gen pop of this site. As mentioned, there's lots of differing opinions and you can like it or not, but we all at least understand it.

20 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...it's good there is differing opinions...arguments...disagreeing....but in end we all game and want to see the Cup back here...I have my thoughts and opinions as I want the best product...and not do the atypical regression and slide to Rider type disaster...doesn't mean I want to see failure...quite the opposite 

A regression that severe is not possible for our team. The Riders just have too much practice being incompetent and we are just too damn good of an organization to ever become that Mickey Mouse.

18 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I am positive that most of the negativity around here is a direct result of the perceived negative management of the roster and I am also positive of that we all want positive outcomes despite the negative vibe at times. 

I said a dozen games ago, that if the roster management of the bottom of our lineup is our biggest complaint then we will have a very good season. Of all the usual suspects the average fan whines about, that is bottom tier stuff in the big picture. Inconsistency has me a heck of a lot more worried than roster management ever will but with our vets we have I just don't see them not turning that switch come playoffs.

18 hours ago, Booch said:

I have a high standard and and expect the best..hence my critique ..been on both sides of the fence in regards to football teams...

Nothing wrong with having high standards and the critique is warranted. I think most people agree that the roster management is a head scratcher and where the lack of concensus seems to be is to what end this problem may bring.

36 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Who the heck is Bryce Mitchell?

OShea said the CFL transactions should show Mitchell signed to a future contract, that is he is signed for next season.

41 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I always wondered why Noah was released and not 6 gamed as he was always still in the Bombers' plans.