CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

6 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think you're right, didn't Duke get involved in an incident before that game when he swung his helmet at someone?

yup.....and then did the eye gouge to BA here the previous yr...Hence the Spitty McEyegouge nick name

On 2023-11-12 at 10:00 PM, JCon said:

Ironically, O'Day just bamboozled the Rider board into an extension, while the QB he let walk and the HC he fired as an OC last year, just earned a  trip to Grey Cup wirh another team. Something he has failed to do with the Riders. Yet, he collects a paycheque.

Business as usual in Pile 'O Bones.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Monsoon and Washington have turned down better offers I can’t imagine either being tempted. 

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

The league needs better reporters too. 

Needs actual reporters. Impartial, objective, professional people who can who can provide insight, ask good questions, sniff out and tell a good story. 
I don’t think the league has one person like that. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Monson? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!! I hope they hire that stooge. The Stamps may bring in  DC who knows how to coach a defense. How do these clown coaches keep getting opportunities?? You'd think they'd go after Mace over Monson. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Monsoon and Washington have turned down better offers I can’t imagine either being tempted. 

Needs actual reporters. Impartial, objective, professional people who can who can provide insight, ask good questions, sniff out and tell a good story. 

They work for Postmedia & all dream of covering the Jays, Raptors or Leafs. Unlike back years ago, reporters spent their entire career covering the CFL & had no inyerest in doing anything else. Now, it's a temporary gig. Dave Naylor is the last of a dying breed. And knowing Bell Media they'll lay him off eventually.

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Professional people who can who can provide insight, ask good questions, sniff out and tell a good story. 

Unfortunately for the rest of the CFL, he works for the Bombers....