CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

27 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Probably going to be a hard sell there.....So I guess all of this means that Walters is off of their radar  LOL

Walters may be on the Riders radar but I can in fact state that Kyle will NEVER be apart of that organization. That is directly from Kyle himself. :) 

8 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Walters may be on the Riders radar but I can in fact state that Kyle will NEVER be apart of that organization. That is directly from Kyle himself. :) 

whether he meant it or not, I love that he actually said it to you. Again, the people running this organization really do understand what it means to be a Bomber and be a Manitoban. **** the Riders and **** Saskatchewan always. 

44 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

All of them. A very coherent argument can be made that they never did hire one. Jefferies has the role. but he was in way over his head.

what???  I heard Suitor singing his praises during the Toronto/Sask game, saying that Jeffries had had a "very successful year" as a first year OC.  LOL...

12 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

well now we know, Kyle's mom posts here...😁

it feels like they're taking baby steps rather than just gutting the tumour..... last year it was QB/OC taking the bullet. This year just the HC. They need to strip the whole thing right down with a fully body off restoration. President on down...... but thankfully they're extending the mess. I personally couldn't be happier. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it feels like they're taking baby steps rather than just gutting the tumour..... last year it was QB/OC taking the bullet. This year just the HC. They need to strip the whole thing right down with a fully body off restoration. President on down...... but thankfully they're extending the mess. I personally couldn't be happier. 

Former QB & OC who are in the playoffs and have been for weeks. 

14 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Many of my family/friends have canceled season tickets after hearing the O’Day news. Not going to games until they prove they care about winning.

I hear lots of Rider fans had signed 3 year commitments and those have now expired.

The ticket sales reps have their work cut out for them. Like others have pointed out the Riders situation is similar to the Jets as both teams used to have season ticket wait lists.

Now the ticket reps need overcome a myraid of objections from potential buyers. The tickets dont sell themselves anymore.

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

whether he meant it or not, I love that he actually said it to you. Again, the people running this organization really do understand what it means to be a Bomber and be a Manitoban. **** the Riders and **** Saskatchewan always. 

Buck wont be leaving either...all things considered with his family life and all as well

23 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Many of my family/friends have canceled season tickets after hearing the O’Day news. Not going to games until they prove they care about winning.

yeah...all the kicking dirt and laughs around here on Dickieboi...Oday was the reason he had next to nothing to work with, and just as responsible for the last few seasons....probably more...Why they didn't do a total re-boot is odd

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's plenty on RF.com that think Buck is heading that way to be HC now. lol. 

yup...not happening....ever

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

Former QB & OC who are in the playoffs and have been for weeks. 

yeah that has to be a right kick to the onions over there....

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I will be the first to say it, Kelly Jeffrey for Riders Head Coach.

oh please make that happen....Or lure numbnutz Suitor out of the booth to right things there...that way we kill 2 birds with one Stone....TSN game day gets better...Riders continue to be a running joke

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

No place to go but up, eventually. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

So much this... keep the circus in town. 

honestly I just want him to stick with tsn. Can we send matty or Jim barker? Or barker and Kate? 

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

hilarious - JOD was not the one deciding that the coach was being fired: 

Dumpster fire is fine. 
 If I was him I wouldn’t stay. When the higher ups make these decisions with out even consulting it’s time to pack it in. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

There's plenty on RF.com that think Buck is heading that way to be HC now. lol. 

Not really sure what Buck would do. But I doubt he makes a move. I said it last year and will say it again. I’m pretty sure Miller, O’Shea and Walters have a natural succession plan. I’m sure O’Shea wants to set the new coaching record and only needs 10 more wins. So one more season (2 if we have a bad season next year) and then once he’s set the record he might take over for GM or CEO if he wants and promote Buck to HC. Seems pretty obvious. But maybe after he’s done setting records he moves on from the CFL all together. Who knows. 

25 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Not really sure what Buck would do. But I doubt he makes a move. I said it last year and will say it again. I’m pretty sure Miller, O’Shea and Walters have a natural succession plan. I’m sure O’Shea wants to set the new coaching record and only needs 10 more wins. So one more season (2 if we have a bad season next year) and then once he’s set the record he might take over for GM or CEO if he wants and promote Buck to HC. Seems pretty obvious. But maybe after he’s done setting records he moves on from the CFL all together. Who knows. 

I am sure O'Shea is driven to win more Grep Cups.

I find it hard to fathom that he's sticking around to set the Bombers' all time win record. I'm sure he couldnt tell you that he's passed Murphy for 2nd place.