CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Underwood would be a MASSIVE get for the half time show. Like Super Bowl level of star. But she's doing the Friday night concert.... so how the hell do you follow that up with your half time show? Need something truly humongous to not be a let down after that.

24 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Underwood would be a MASSIVE get for the half time show. Like Super Bowl level of star. But she's doing the Friday night concert.... so how the hell do you follow that up with your half time show? Need something truly humongous to not be a let down after that.

Clearly its going to be that dude whose music they play every game.

50 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Meh. She’s a big name so that’s good for the casual viewers I guess. 
Bring back Michel Pagliaro. 
Actually **** it, just run the dog races again. 
I’d rather listen to Suitor interview a dog during the 3rd quarter anyway. 

Or have Underwood in the booth while the game is on so Suitor can do his thing.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

So the Cats signed Jamall Davis now...they have a glut of DE's there....National and American...Cmon Walters...work a deal for one of their Canadian ones...either or of Kongbo or Bennett will do.....you can send them our Bennett to sweeten the deal

....could we possibly add Jackson ...along with Bennett to seal the deal....That's a 2fer and I'm sure they'll bite...especially after watching Jackson tear it up with us'''

Our Bennett ....I hope we go all out for him come fa

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Anything....and I mean anything....would be better than the garbage they rolled out for the half time show last year. Truly embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Anything....and I mean anything....would be better than the garbage they rolled out for the half time show last year. Truly embarrassing.

as horrible as that 3rd quarter in booth interview was with Keith Urban, Suitor and Cuthbert I have to say that his performance in that GC was excellent and was part of an overall fantastic Grey Cup experience.  I did like Keith's comment about how "I'm sure there's some drinking going on in Winnipeg right now!" lol  Yes Keith...and there was a lot of drinking going on in Kelowna as well....

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

as horrible as that 3rd quarter in booth interview was with Keith Urban, Suitor and Cuthbert I have to say that his performance in that GC was excellent and was part of an overall fantastic Grey Cup experience.  I did like Keith's comment about how "I'm sure there's some drinking going on in Winnipeg right now!" lol  Yes Keith...and there was a lot of drinking going on in Kelowna as well....

Sure...Urban was ok if you like country...but last year was AWFUL. The 3rd Q interview was scary bad tho. Asking a guy who clearly had never watched a pro football game before to take over play by play.....jeez louise.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Sure...Urban was ok if you like country...but last year was AWFUL.

I am not a country fan, and I honestly didn't know any of Keith's songs but I thought they were good and he's a legitimate star that is known world wide.  Good look on the CFL.  Now if only we could get the Beebs back for another GC lol...

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Fucking Embarrassing Coach GIF - Fucking Embarrassing Coach Letter Kenny GIFs

18 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Meh. She’s a big name so that’s good for the casual viewers I guess. 
Bring back Michel Pagliaro. 
Actually **** it, just run the dog races again. 
I’d rather listen to Suitor interview a dog during the 3rd quarter anyway. 

I'm still holding out for Gregorian chants.  Or Inuit throat singers.

22 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Pretty big get though for the CFL. She's huge. I guess The Reklaws were busy.

Yeah. I honestly don’t know how much of a draw she is but I assume pretty big. 
 Still I miss better cultural Canadian picks that we saw in the early 2ks.

I’d have a band like the headstones in all the time. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

So the Cats signed Jamall Davis now...they have a glut of DE's there....National and American...Cmon Walters...work a deal for one of their Canadian ones...either or of Kongbo or Bennett will do.....you can send them our Bennett to sweeten the deal

Have we passed the dead line yet? Hasn’t been an active mid season stretch. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah. I honestly don’t know how much of a draw she is but I assume pretty big. 
 Still I miss better cultural Canadian picks that we saw in the early 2ks.

I’d have a band like the headstones in all the time. 

Have we passed the dead line yet? Hasn’t been an active mid season stretch. 

I believe the deadline is usually the frat week, or 2 of Oct for that player to be eligible to play for the new team in playoffs...anything after that they cant

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I believe the deadline is usually the frat week, or 2 of Oct for that player to be eligible to play for the new team in playoffs...anything after that they cant

Ni db, de, imp dt, maybe another ni fb would all be great. Wouldn’t be mad at a punter or a defensive global. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Ni db, de, imp dt, maybe another ni fb would all be great. Wouldn’t be mad at a punter or a defensive global. 

If we actually ca get Hansen on...solves one issue, how we can't find a Canadian punter and allow us to put Karamoko on the roster to bolster teams, as well as be a backup in secondary is troublesome...with all our ST crap play, having a average to good Canadian there I bet would serve us no worse, and I actually think us continuing to try and out smart teams with the Aussie stuff is part of why we suck so bad...to me that global spot is as much a waste as Jackson being on roster...Sheehan never impressed me at all right from camp.

If Ford would just get his arse back here that would help us out bigtime....he can return , and he could be the role Parker has right now, allowing us to get Fox on the roster along with Haba or Deng.....but we just keep trotting out Jackson there for no real reason that I can see, as umpteen guys on our roster can do that role...and probably better.

A smart thing as well would be to get Deng on this week in lieu of Clements or Cole and see what he brings...and if anything we show sets with 4 de's on the field giving the Argo o-line fits, it just adds extra study and scheming for teams to have to account for all of a sudden....status quo and just accepting outcomes right now is a fast track to early exit

49 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Definitely not doing it for the money. Apparently she's getting a cool million per week from the NFL for doing the Sunday night song. Not bad money for a few minutes.

That’s a lot more than Joan Jett and Desmond Child apparently get in royalties for a song that’s a direct rip off of theirs. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Underwood would be a big catch. And I hate this "new country."

It's not country. It's pop singers in cowboy boots. Country music used to have a place. Hurting tunes while drinking whiskey straight because something bad happened. That was it's niche. Then they tried to make it happy party music....and it sucks.

Edited by GCn20