CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Love Proulx.... English Canadians think he's dumb because of how he speaks, but I think he's actually a fantastic official. Would love to have a whiskey conversation with Osh about his favourite and least favourite officials....

It is just annoying hearing him calls penalties against us in Montreal. Sounds Sus.

Agree that he is the best though. 

4 hours ago, ddanger said:

Good for him/bad for us. He's one of the better ref's for sure. That crew that did our game last week with Montreal was awful.

Why are all these refs leaving mid season? I thought working together to develop chemistry with all the official's teams was important. Why wouldn't they retire after the season was over?

10 hours ago, Geebrr said:

If it was once when he is at the game - sure. TSN brings up the connection every chance they get. 

They did that with Michael Reilly & his parents. They were constantly on television. TSN seem to think that people care when they don't. 

8 hours ago, bluto said:

Still a long way to go, but the Argos are up 19% year to date on attendance.

Okay Bluto, front & center. What needs to be done to make the Argos relevant & get bums in the stands?? What would you do?

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

I always hope for Frenchie Proulx for every game... I love that guy. Crooked hat and old school accent... just the absolute best. 

5 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Really?? I kinda hate Proulx.

There is an old guy in our row at IGF that HATES Proulx. When he sees him on the field, he rants for the next 3 hours. 

On 2023-08-30 at 12:43 PM, Booch said:

interesting point to note...all the yip yapping about BC and the "donut boys"....but Wpg has given up fewer offensive points than BC's defence, as well as fewest offensive TD's....funny how the buffoons on TSN fail to acknowledge that...also fewest opponents passing yards against....(as they hype BC secondary)......fewest first downs given up...best opponents completion percentage against...best opp pass efficiency....least amount of passing td's given up...we actually still in single digits (only team under 10)...lowest avg pass distance...1 off lead league in sacks...

I guess we are flying under the radar??...lol

Hey Booch, talk about a team flying under the radar? In 2008, the Stamps played the favoured Montreal Alouettes at a sold out Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Everyone in the media, including TSN was picking thr Als to win that day. Even though the Stamps beat them twice that season & were the better team. So, Head Coach John Hufnagel gave a little pre game speech. Brilliant. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hey Booch, talk about a team flying under the radar? In 2008, the Stamps played the favoured Montreal Alouettes at a sold out Olympic Stadium in Montreal. Everyone in the media, including TSN was picking thr Als to win that day. Even though the Stamps beat them twice that season & were the better team. So, Head Coach John Hufnagel gave a little pre game speech. Brilliant. 

thats always been a favorite

I swear most of the people who "hate" Proulx, do so because of his accent.

I actually like Proulx....he's probably consistently the best one....also have to remember, he announces a lot of the questionable calls that his crew flag as well eh?...not necessarily his flag

Funny how the Rider fans have this weird obsession and conspiracy theory that the refs favour the Bombers for some reason. Almost every game day thread there they talk about it. Jealous much. But in all fairness when we had some lousy teams I know there was a lot of talk about how the refs were never on our side haha! Funny how that works. 

6 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Funny how the Rider fans have this weird obsession and conspiracy theory that the refs favour the Bombers for some reason. Almost every game day thread there they talk about it. Jealous much. But in all fairness when we had some lousy teams I know there was a lot of talk about how the refs were never on our side haha! Funny how that works. 

80% of the game day thread there is about how we get all the calls, the League conspiracy to favor us......15% on how our line holds the most, and thats why they are considered the best, and usually the rest is a smattering of hoping a player gets hurt, someone is on roids, and the guy who took a dump in a plant here...which is funny as they are still too dense to realize the guy that did it was a moron from Saskatchewan who was here visiting....thats the kicker

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not for me.

I remember too many dodgy calls in the Als favor against us.

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

615k 1 625k 2 625k 3 plus incentives and bonuses 

Dude ain't better than Zach 

I agree. Not until he plays a whole year and proves it, he ain't.

But... Over the life of the contract, you'd have to say that The Chad likely is going to be  better than Zach in 2025 & 2026.

Big money, but I get it.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Not for me.

I remember too many dodgy calls in the Als favor against us.

I agree. Not until he plays a whole year and proves it, he ain't.

But... Over the life of the contract, you'd have to say that The Chad likely is going to be  better than Zach in 2025 & 2026.

Big money, but I get it.

WTF is this ****?