CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

2 hours ago, Booch said:

we might get a vibe from the showing of his family multiple times a game...I find it odd no other player has family in the crowd worth showing....

Bomber family are typically 20-24 rows up on the side of the stadium camera and seemly out of reach of the field camera. 

Though my 10 yr old is starting to think it is some sort f conspiracy to give them privacy and that’s why he can’t get on the jumbotron. 

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Oh that is odd, my eyes glaze over during those segments, I must have assumed dad was actually Jim.

So TSN cameras can spot distant relations to relevant footballers in the crowd, but get faked out by RPO half the time. Oi.

Pretty easy explanation, there are less people in the Toronto stands than in the field. 

13 minutes ago, bluto said:

Still a long way to go, but the Argos are up 19% year to date on attendance.

Can they start giving away CNE entry for games in June and July? Maybe free TFC ticket with purchase of an Argo? 
Financially I would love that team to be successful but…

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Wow....this seems awfully premature to me. I think Kelly is a good QB, but he has 10 starts under his belt. 

True...but the discrepancy at QB can be waaaaay more. No position players in the CFL making Collaros/Kelly bank.

NO....But no guy in the other leagues will make anything near 120 to 300k canadian like many are....what they make....like 60k max? so like 81k Canadian give or take?

23 minutes ago, bluto said:

Behave.

He has the highest quarterback rating in the league (118.7), best touchdown to interception ratio (2.29), most rushing touchdowns in the league (six), the highest percentage of drives that result in touchdowns (26.5), and percentage of completed passes over 20 yards (53.2).

over 10 games....get back to me in a yr or two....and discuss

21 minutes ago, bluto said:

Still a long way to go, but the Argos are up 19% year to date on attendance.

they have broke into the 10k range now.....nice!

19 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

True, 19% increase of 3... is still statistically 3. Hopefully the continuity and the rececent contract extension will help with that.

19% would sound better if they averaged close to 20k. They claimed 11k in 22 and in no way shape or form had more than 5k in reality. Who know how many actually paid. They claim close to 15k now. I’d believe maybe 8-9k. And again I wouldn’t be surprised to find out a few thousand or more were freebies. 
 Realistically a cfl team should be averaging 24-25k with atleast one or two 30k games a year. Even when the Mathew’s powered ALs were dominant, 20k was a real struggle for them financially. And that was 20 ish years ago. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Though I could see the usfl stepping up possibly. 

Mhm and I feel like they have a few guys who will be high on the free agency radar. 

I sure wouldn’t wanna give him that kind of money. But I would rather be in that situation than in a spot like half the league with journeymen or worse QBs. 

Probably the reason Masoli has not announced his retirement yet, hopefully Ottawa moves on and is not relying on him to pick up the reigns once again.  Time for them to give up the ghost.