2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

49 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

:)  This was never about my ego.   You lambasted me for stating what was quite obvious. The league was not going to just let Montreal fold.  But perhaps I was moreso lambasted for daring to disagree with you.

Lambasted you??? Lol, Sure, okay. Whatever you say. You were right. I was wrong. Enjoy your 3 seconds. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jpvrz8r83dozo3hel7

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

I like having posters from other teams. I don't get why some of you get so butt hurt over it. Other teams have good players/seasons. It's ok to acknowledge it. DOesn't take anything away from our team.

Amen to this lol this golden age of Bomber football has created some weird complexes up in here

What's with all the weird posts on here?    Bombers were super dominant and played their absolute worst in the Grey Cup while the Argos played a solid game from start till end.     We lost it wasn't a fluke,  it was just a bad showing by the Blue.

Run that game with the same people ten times,  we win more then we lose.   It was a bad day time to move on. 

For Mike to suggest that the Blue are old and decrepit and that we sucked majorly and were a crap team and all is the end of the world is equally ridiculous, someone peed in his corn flakes and he's just mad for whatever reason. 

This team has above average talent in every position with exception of kicking.     A healthy Kyrie Wilson and a decent kicker and this team looks far different.    Zach was playing lights out for most of the year,  I don't understand why he's over the hill and awful because he played one bad game (the important one) yet for the rest of the season he was all star.   The logic is ridiculous. 

Toronto is a good team and they reloaded with good new talent so they will be a force in the East.  That being said how consistent has MBT been in his full career,  he goes hot and he goes cold.   He's a random QB so who knows which version shows up.   

They didn't have any more of them that the Argos did.

Brain farts like missing your punt coverage assignments at a crucial point in a championship game and allowing the longest PR for TD in GC history? Like missing 4 INTs? Like having a starting QB lay a total egg with a 50% game?

It only seems like a fluke because of the hilariously improbable back and forth at the end of the game. Had it gone the other way, you might feel differently about it being a fluke.

That 4th quarter... mental. 

"The longest punt return in Grey Cup history. A missed conversion attempt. A starting quarterback being forced to leave with a thumb injury. An interception. A rookie QB rushing for 20 yards on a second and 15 to prolong a drive. A huge punt return. A second touchdown of the game for a man who had been cut earlier in the season. A second interception. A blocked field goal attempt. A second consecutive sack by a player, only to be overturned by a penalty for face masking. A second blocked field goal attempt, this one by the player called for face masking just four plays earlier.

All of this happened in a 15-minute span of a championship game. It was gut punch after gut punch, each team trading what would have normally would have been knockout punches against a lesser opponent. It wasn’t until Robbie Smith’s field goal block that the game’s final blow was landed.

It was a ridiculous amount of mammoth emotional swings in an exceptionally small period of time. I will admit, when Greg Ellingson caught a pass in front of the Argo bench my heart sank. The Bombers were in field goal range and I was only thinking about the possibility of a field goal miss; the thought of another blocked field goal honestly never entered my mind, despite having witnessed two blocks in the Western/Laval game the day before.

When Robbie blocked the kick I immediately looked up at the clock and started doing the math. We had just won the Grey Cup, but it didn’t immediately sink in. Even when Chad Kelly took a knee to end the game, it still didn’t seem real."

I'll always remember this one because we'll neve see another GC end like that.

I have no problem with other teams fans posting on our sight, just dont come in here chest all puffed up talking s**t about how your team was/is so much better than ours, and rubbing the Grey Cup in our faces. If you do that expect to get s**t talked back. Not sure why people feel a need to coddle him. He's a big boy. Come in to enemy territory guns a blazin', expect to receive return fire bro.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I have no problem with other teams fans posting on our sight, just dont come in here chest all puffed up talking s**t about how your team was/is so much better than ours, and rubbing the Grey Cup in our faces. If you do that expect to get s**t talked back. Not sure why people feel a need to coddle him. He's a big boy. Come in to enemy territory guns a blazin', expect to receive return fire.

Reasonably certain that never happened. And if anyone feels like it did, they may be a bit fragile for online sports discussion.

Coddled? lol

18 hours ago, bluto said:

A fluke...

Fine. Have it your way.

The only fluke was that the Bombers didn't get killed in their 1 point loss.

I haven't seen anyone hereabouts mention that until we finally got that first Interception that four other ones before that went through Argonaut fingers and would've sealed the day.

We were more physical. That is never a fluke.

And to my everlasting amazement, Ryan Dinwiddie embarrassed O'Shea.

That all happened and the only luck was that it wasn't a multiple score Argo win.

7-0.

Pretty Chest puffy inflammatory words bro

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

His team won. 

I don't understand how we're supposed to increase membership here if we can't collectively take a little bit of rivalry building - especially in the non-Bombers thread.

Again, other teams fans coming here is great. Just expect things to get heated if your talking smack.

11 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Again, other teams fans coming here is great. Just expect things to get heated if your talking smack.

Take a look at the entire discussion. He didn't start really sticking up for his squad until AFTER posters were going on and on about it being a fluke and how much more superior the losing team was. Eventually people are going to push back. 

The Bombers were far and away the better team during the regular season. But this idea that they were some how the better team in the GC and lost doesn't sit with me. Better teams don't lose, the circumstance rarely matters. It certainly didn't in the GC. Bombers shat the bed Argos out played them and the results showed.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

What's with all the weird posts on here?    Bombers were super dominant and played their absolute worst in the Grey Cup while the Argos played a solid game from start till end.     We lost it wasn't a fluke,  it was just a bad showing by the Blue.

Run that game with the same people ten times,  we win more then we lose.   It was a bad day time to move on. 

For Mike to suggest that the Blue are old and decrepit and that we sucked majorly and were a crap team and all is the end of the world is equally ridiculous, someone peed in his corn flakes and he's just mad for whatever reason. 

This team has above average talent in every position with exception of kicking.     A healthy Kyrie Wilson and a decent kicker and this team looks far different.    Zach was playing lights out for most of the year,  I don't understand why he's over the hill and awful because he played one bad game (the important one) yet for the rest of the season he was all star.   The logic is ridiculous. 

Toronto is a good team and they reloaded with good new talent so they will be a force in the East.  That being said how consistent has MBT been in his full career,  he goes hot and he goes cold.   He's a random QB so who knows which version shows up.   

Did I miss something? Lol. I'm assuming you missed his posts about how they're still going to be a top 2 team? I'm not trying to play hero, but your recollection of what he posted is bizarrely off. 

Edited by Bigblue204

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Is that really what I said? Because I don’t think that’s really what I said. 

This is the exact kind of dumb **** I’m talking about. For some reason, a handful of people here have started to drink this weird kool-aid that the Bombers can do no wrong. Any loss is a fluke. Any Bomber is better than literally any other football player. Any guy we don’t want isn’t “FIFO” enough. Any guy we do want has a high enough FIFO score for us to allow him the highly esteemed privilege of wearing our team colours. Any critical thought directed at the front office or players is grounds for being publicly berated.

The part I don’t like about it is not that we’re winning or that we’re become a confident fanbase with high expectations. That part is awesome and I’m glad we’re all getting to experience it, especially knowing what we all have gone through in those dark years. The part I don’t like is that the way some of you are acting about it now is literally textbook Rider fan behaviour and it’s gross. This is the stuff that made everyone hate them. Not because they were good for a brief period of time, but because they were oblivious, borderline delusional weirdos about it.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

This is the exact kind of dumb **** I’m talking about. For some reason, a handful of people here have started to drink this weird kool-aid that the Bombers can do no wrong. Any loss is a fluke. Any Bomber is better than literally any other football player. Any guy we don’t want isn’t “FIFO” enough. Any guy we do want has a high enough FIFO score for us to allow him the highly esteemed privilege of wearing our team colours. Any critical thought directed at the front office or players is grounds for being publicly berated.

The part I don’t like about it is not that we’re winning or that we’re become a confident fanbase with high expectations. That part is awesome and I’m glad we’re all getting to experience it, especially knowing what we all have gone through in those dark years. The part I don’t like is that the way some of you are acting about it now is literally textbook Rider fan behaviour and it’s gross. This is the stuff that made everyone hate them. Not because they were good for a brief period of time, but because they were oblivious, borderline delusional weirdos about it.

I think I broke down position group by position group why I disagreed with what appeared to be your assertion that the Bombers are getting complacent. If you are including me in that group. 

I criticize the team - but you also need context that the team was 15-3 last year and has gone to three straight Cups, so they may know what they’re doing. 

People also get obsessed with the shiny free agents ignoring that we already have good players here. 

Edited by Geebrr

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

I think youre underestimating the whole FIFO thing Mike. Its really been the catalyst for our turnaround. Its established a group of team first players that value winning more than individual stats. A bunch of guys who truly love each-other and would go headfirst into a wall for their teammate and coach. You dont think these players feel a privilege/pride to play on this team? We know for a fact a lot of these guys could have gotten more money elsewhere, and you can be damn sure there are players across the league on other teams that would love to be a part of what weve got going on. Im glad we dont bring in me first headcase locker room cancer Rider type players that worry about their numbers and getting paid first. And your declaration yesterday that we are not the class of the league on paper anymore is just garbage. Best QB, best group of receivers, best o-line, best book-ends, best running back, etc. Even one year older we are still the class of the league and its not even close.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

A part of the FIFO culture is being accountable. No excuses. No ifs ands or buts. I have a hard time believing that  calling a loss a fluke or belittling the opponent would fit in the with FIFO stuff. That's super fandom ****, and while I certainly partake from time to time, it's not something I have ever seen from someone in the locker room.

To clarify I'm not equating praise for our team as belittlement of others.