2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A change of scenery can help a beleaguered athlete - and QB is no exception.

Take the Blue Bombers' current starting QB, for example. The same could happen for Evans and Fajardo depending on what team acquires them.

Of course it is.

Youre Delusional GIFs | Tenor

Try living out here, they are already talking like this is the year.....

10 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

hope he goes there as opposed to helping the Argos. cornhole is going to have a lot of weapons 

and another swing and miss by the Criders...gotta love it...they signed some of their garbage...one of our cast offs and Wieneke....who may have been a flash in pan, but if anything even with a decent yr isn't the guy thats bringing them to the promised land....and oh yeah...still no o-line and heaven forbid...NO DAN CLARK!!!!!

13 hours ago, Noeller said:

interesting thoughts from Sturgeon Heights OL coach, who believes Kola is going to be the full time 1C for the Bombers...

Respect people opinions....but cmon dude....really?....prob is buds with him...and he did an adequate job wedged between a crew of all-stars...31 yr old journey man...who only got a starting gig due to injury finally...versus a just turned 27 yr old road grader..top 3 rated center in the NCAA who destroyed guys here in his first tour...and has huge upside still....I'll have some what he smoking please

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I didn’t think there was any chance he was going to the Gap. 

It was always here or BC.

dont think any high profile...even medium profile guy is considering it unless they back the truck up, and even then will prob be only a 1 yr deal....and prices they have paid so far for some their own, and wWieneke is proof positive of that already

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't think here was an option. 

It was either home or pay day. BC must have given him a good deal.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Until Eli signed it was definitely an option.

Yup....Bombers been in touch with Eli all yr and knew he was coming back, and also know what they have there....so I think that when they saw last yr that they did just fine with a journey man replacement that Couture and his higher salary would be better used on a different position, and that Eli would be an upgrade over both centers last yr, and allow us to land a Lawler and whomever in FA....Have a sneaky feeling we targeting a DT aggresively, a stop gap one, and won't have to overpay to get them either

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

and another swing and miss by the Criders...gotta love it...they signed some of their garbage...one of our cast offs and Wieneke....who may have been a flash in pan, but if anything even with a decent yr isn't the guy thats bringing them to the promised land....and oh yeah...still no o-line and heaven forbid...NO DAN CLARK!!!!!

And the only reason Trevor Harris is going to sign there is because the guy is worried Montreal won't be able to pay the bills. Hilarious and pathetic.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Respect people opinions....but cmon dude....really?....prob is buds with him...and he did an adequate job wedged between a crew of all-stars...31 yr old journey man...who only got a starting gig due to injury finally...versus a just turned 27 yr old road grader..top 3 rated center in the NCAA who destroyed guys here in his first tour...and has huge upside still....I'll have some what he smoking please

Yeah I read after I read that quote I just assumed that guy doesn't know about Eli.

Apropos nothing, my mind just wandered to this Marsellus Wallace quote from Pulp Fiction (slightly edited for sensitive eyes):

You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic mfs. Mfs who thought their butt would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't.