2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

Ultimately i think that Eli will be an upgrade over Couture.  We lost a lot of grit and nastiness when we lost Desjarlais and Eli. Eli will bring at least some of that back and I think it will be very welcome. Can't wait for Dobsen to be part of the starting group as well. 

Sounds like the riders are dumping some overpaid players so they can overpay for different players to appease the fan base. 

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You knew changes were coming to a roster that couldn't piss a drop in the last part of the season. 

I sure all the posters on their forum are all saying yup...he sucks..needed to be done..yadda yadda yadda...after singing his praises the last few yrs...he prob a doper now thats why he couldnt pee too haha

20 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Ultimately i think that Eli will be an upgrade over Couture.  We lost a lot of grit and nastiness when we lost Desjarlais and Eli. Eli will bring at least some of that back and I think it will be very welcome. Can't wait for Dobsen to be part of the starting group as well. 

Sounds like the riders are dumping some overpaid players so they can overpay for different players to appease the fan base. 

u nailed the bolded part

and if not this yr...by next ELI will be the best center in the league...dude plays with toughness and meaness....can move bodies like nobodies business and was trained at the highest level other than pro...No worries there at all

Chaos with the ownership of the Als troubling Trevor Harris, he may not re-sign with the club as widely expected. 

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-quarterback-trevor-harris-appears-headed-to-free-agency

Plenty of interesting players currently on their F.A. list, if the price is right might be a good time to raid before they get their house back in order.  JULIEN-GRANT Kaion would be my #1 pick off the list below.

AWE Micah A LB Texas Tech  

BIERRIA Keishawn A LB Washington  

COSTIGAN Thomas A DL Bryant University  
DAVIS Dominique A QB East Carolina  
DESJARDINS Vincent N DL Laval  
EXUME Kerfalla-Emmanuel N DB Montreal  
FLETCHER Walter A RB Ball State  
HARRIS Trevor A QB Edinboro  
JONES Mike A DB Temple  
JONES Mike N WR Southern  
JULIEN-GRANT Kaion N WR St. Francis Xavier  
LEWIS Eugene A WR Oklahoma  
LYON Nafees A DB UNC Charlotte Extended 12/12/22
MAYALA  Hergy N WR Connecticut  
PICKETT Adarius A LB UCLA  
REID Greg A DB Florida State  
SCHLEUGER Chris A OL Alabama Birmingham  
SUTTON Wes A DB Northern Arizona Extended 01/23/23
THOMAS Ahmad A DB Oklahoma  
WAKEFIELD Michael A DL Florida International  
WHITE JR. Reggie A WR Monmouth  
WIENEKE Jake A WR South Dakota State  
WILSON Raheem A DB Southeastern Oklahoma State  
WORTHY Chandler A WR Troy

28 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Agreed on Wieneke, he's only 28 and poised to bounce back, he used to make big plays look routine. Collaros loves him some Ellingson though, if he has any say I can imagine Ellingson back.

well in his defence...was in the top echelon in the league last yr when he went out....question is...can he stay healthy now...or was last yr just a freak thing...

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

well in his defence...was in the top echelon in the league last yr when he went out....question is...can he stay healthy now...or was last yr just a freak thing...

I still like Ellingson too and wouldn't be upset to see him back. The chemistry he and Collaros have is obvious. I recall Ellingson being targeted 14 times in one game, he was everywhere he needed to be and was unstoppable.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'll take Jake Wieinke to replace Ellingson at the same or lower price please and thank you. 

I don't get all the love shown for Wieneke, he's not fast or physical and last season he went 45/64 589 yds. with 2 TD's, he's the very definition of mediocre.  Ellingson put up better numbers than he did in half a season.

20 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I don't get all the love shown for Wieneke, he's not fast or physical and last season he went 45/64 589 yds. with 2 TD's, he's the very definition of mediocre.  Ellingson put up better numbers than he did in half a season.

Can't argue with that....he looked slow and average last yr for sure...flash in the pan maybe?

I'd love to get Mike Jones back tho if anyone off that roster..nobody else available makes us better over what we have here now

But adding Jones to BA..Nichols..Rose..Lawrence..Houston and Parker is some solid db depth

23 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Wieneke's 2022 season was mediocre but so was the team he was on. The year before he was an All Star and led the league in TDs. Ellingson was supposed to put up big numbers on our vastly superior team.

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

all of that, and Booch's points, is/are fair...... but he's been away from "live reps" for a long time. I'm just curious how quickly he can adjust. I'm not saying he can't, either, I'm just curious...

No different than a player who was injured in the second or third game of the season last year & sat out the rest of the year. I think he;ll be fine.

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

Wieneke's 2022 season was mediocre but so was the team he was on. The year before he was an All Star and led the league in TDs. Ellingson was supposed to put up big numbers on our vastly superior team.

Looks like the Estate of Sid Spiegel may not want to fund the Als operations anymore. They may lose a bunch of free agents. Ambrosie brought these guys in as owners with the principal owner in his 90's so this is his mess. The team could fold.

We have no luck with older free agent receivers. They never work out. So, a guy like Weineke in his 20's? Sure, why not?

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Looks like the Estate of Sid Spiegel may not want to fund the Als operations anymore. They may lose a bunch of free agents. Ambrosie brought these guys in as owners with the principal owner in his 90's so this is his mess. The team could fold.

We have no luck with older free agent receivers. They never work out. So, a guy like Weineke in his 20's? Sure, why not?

I'm legit worried about what's happening, tbh.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

Moe Khan throwing his hat into CFL scuttlebutt with a I heard this from an insider prognostication. However, the Lions save zero cap space from Rourke departing and all of Burnham's salary now goes to pay Vernon Adams. Insider info my ass!

16 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Rourke was $80,000 and Burnham was $170,000. That's 250,000. Adams is over $300,000. Not sure they have huge $ in bc.

Totally 100% correct. Unless they are letting other players walk, they did not open any cap room at all, no matter what flawed and nonsensical math equations closet BC Lion fans want to put forth. 

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Estate probably wants to cash out, not committed to running a football team and losing money doing so, problem is Stern can't raise the cash to buy them out and few buyers interested.  This is what happens when an old man buys an expensive convertible sports car, then croaks!

Edited by Fatty Liver