2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

Just now, JCon said:

He's number 3 on this list, behind Kelly (2) and Evans (1): https://3downnation.com/2023/01/30/ranking-the-10-likeliest-candidates-to-quarterback-the-saskatchewan-roughriders-in-2023/

I don't take any of that very seriously, though. 

yeah no ****...based on what...as both are under contract and Harris the only actual free agent

Broadcast sched is out. Again, the pre-season schedule is embarrassing. No LOLks or Stumps.....but both Riders games make the cut. Bombers get the HOME pre-season game (thanks so much.,........) because it's the Gappers away PS game.....

3 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

is it that grate though? I'll brie-lieve it when I see it. 

I see @Bubba Zanetti is either not fond of cheese puns or is lactose intolerant.

😂🤣

Desjarlais will look weird in an all-caps jersey. The blue cheese road unis still where it’s at.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Well I tried

11 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

To be fair though- Free Agency doesn't start until Feb 14th... we can freely **** on them about dithering if they do nothing then. Right now it seems like kicking a wet sack of kittens. 

Them missing out on Desjarlais... yeah- they massively whiffed on that one. Inexcusable. 

It's not so much them missing out. He didn't want to play there. Simple as that. Craig Dickenson has created such a toxic locker room & keeps saying stupid things publicly that the really good free agents are just saying No Thanks to playing there.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Broadcast sched is out. Again, the pre-season schedule is embarrassing. No LOLks or Stumps.....but both Riders games make the cut. Bombers get the HOME pre-season game (thanks so much.,........) because it's the Gappers away PS game.....

TSN appeasing that ******* fanbase again. 

18 hours ago, Booch said:

Eli.....Thats his natural position and prior to his injury w a top 3 NCAA center prospect for the NFL....

Doubt it....Kolo is adequate at best....and has reached potential....gets out muscled and pushed around too much to be "the guy" He benefited much like Chunhg before he left here by great teamates..scheme and environment...and you have to remember...what is he..like 31..32 going into this yr?...career journeyman back up who landed in right situation here...he will be the depth 6th guy as he can play guard/center and only if he beats out Dobson which I dont see happening

Kolo has done some thing really impressive. For a guy his age with as few reps as he came here with to become a solid back up who can step in in an emergency that’s pretty amazing. I sure couldn’t see him going further and becoming more than that. 
 I’d be happy if he stuck around as depth but I’d be very worried if we went into 2023 with him as a starter for the year. Especially with gray Eli and Dobson around. 
 We’ve had guys with the physical tools and nastiness like Dobson and Eli before. But never with the pedigree and polish as well. Guys like Rupert butcher work out hero not guys who had legit shots of becoming nfl players or first round picks. 

for me the two best case scenarios are Eli starts at centre and Dobson at guard with gray as 6th man or re sign couture with eli at guard. 
 Gray is soo much better suited to being a rt in the long run. And better as the te in heavy set. 

a lot of people seem to think Tui Eli, with spot/back-up duty in 2021, and then completely out of the game in 2022, is going to just be able to walk in and start Day 1 in 2023..... that seems hard for me to believe. I could believe that he's kept in OL shape......I don't know if you can just get up to game speed that quickly. 

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

a lot of people seem to think Tui Eli, with spot/back-up duty in 2021, and then completely out of the game in 2022, is going to just be able to walk in and start Day 1 in 2023..... that seems hard for me to believe. I could believe that he's kept in OL shape......I don't know if you can just get up to game speed that quickly. 

he's got 6+ months...all of camp...and since the fire was still there I am sure he will be just fine..,,.like others said...no knock on Kolo but if he is the starter game 1...something went seriously wrong....he's great depth tho but last year was adequate ...nothing more...nothing less....anyone playing with our tackles and guards should do adequately....Gray came on just fine last year...and he is versatile as heck too....I have no issues with him from my vantage point...plus he plays nasty and aggravates the hell outa dlineman

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He probably could've/should've been starting in 2021. He is a damned good player. Believe he was ahead of gray on the depth chart then as well just for example.

44 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He probably could've/should've been starting in 2021. He is a damned good player. Believe he was ahead of gray on the depth chart then as well just for example.

all of that, and Booch's points, is/are fair...... but he's been away from "live reps" for a long time. I'm just curious how quickly he can adjust. I'm not saying he can't, either, I'm just curious...

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

all of that, and Booch's points, is/are fair...... but he's been away from "live reps" for a long time. I'm just curious how quickly he can adjust. I'm not saying he can't, either, I'm just curious...

He hadn't played for two years when we signed him the first time. For guys in the trenches, especially the OL, it's easy to get back into the game. Weight maintenance and cardio will be his biggest obstacles and he has 6 months to deal with that. 

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He must have been ahead of Gray because he was the one who got the start when Neuf went down in 2021 and he played at a very high level that game. If he doesn't go covidiot he is probably our starting LG right now. He is a very talented O lineman. As long as he isn't 50 cheeseburger overweight and no breath he can easily come in at centre for us, as this is his natural position and is the easiest OL position physically.

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Kolankowski hadn't seen a whole lot of live action before Couture went down either though, and he did just fine.

He didn't play for 2 years (2019-2020) then sat on the PR most of 2021 (back-up for 2 games at the end of the year).  He backed-up Couture for 2 more games to start 2022 before the injury and the he's starting in game 3.   I'm not even sure he saw the field once in those four games (teams or short yardage maybe?) but either way, he get much action between the end of 2018 and the start of 2022.

42 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What a terrible problem we have!   Potentially losing our starter center and only have 2 great guys to fight over replacing him.   

And we couldn't re-sign another all-star guard... who we adequately replaced last season.... this team is going to ****, wake up Kyle!!!

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What a terrible problem we have!   Potentially losing our starter center and only have 2 great guys to fight over replacing him.   

Yep, and the guy who loses out on the starting centre and 6th OL jobs on our team is still a better OL than anyone the RIders currently have on their roster. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Damn, I was hoping they would run it back one more year with the most over rated DE that I can remember. Like honestly, if this guys doesn't play opposite Charleston Hughes with Micah Johnson on the line he would have been exposed a long time ago.

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Dan_Clark.jpg

If you are going to play like a pylon one should learn to pose like one too.