2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Can't forget Faj.....becoming plan Number UNO as every hour passes in saskabush  heh heh

He was always there guy," he is only a couple seasons removed from an MOP type season, it was other aspects that let him down, and knowing how they have filled those holes he will no doubt be back to being one of the best qbs in the league "

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He was always there guy," he is only a couple seasons removed from an MOP type season, it was other aspects that let him down, and knowing how they have filled those holes he will no doubt be back to being one of the best qbs in the league "

Absolutely- he was "there" guy, not "their" guy. 

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I would not offer Demski that much in hard money, but let him achieve that amount with bonuses if he can show that he can stay healthy and play a full 18 games. 

Walters doesn't do bonuses. And that is beyond what'd I'd offer Demski.

13 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

No chance that the Alouettes are on the verge of folding. They won't have too much trouble finding a new owner at this point. The team is in a much better position now then the last time they were for sale. Attendance is up and league revenues are way up with gambling revenue extra TV revenue coming from the upcoming US TV deal. Lets not let our hatred for Ambrosie cloud our judgement. Thankfully the problem isn't with the business opportunity but rather with ownership. The team clearly works if it has solid ownership. 

Colin, just what have you been drinking today?? "Let's not let our hatred of Ambrosie cloud our judgement????" Wow, WTH??? The Alouettes aren't in good shape. They're hemorraging money losing in the millions. They only average 13-16,000 per game with season ticket sales of about 4-5,000. They've been in trouble financially since the last Als dynasty ended after 2009.

The league doesn't have the finanacial resources to support the teaam like it did in 2018-19 because of the pandemic, No one is rushing in to buy the team. Read the stories in the media that are starting to pop up. More & more people are beginning to realize the team may fold. And it's the CFL's fault as it all could have been avoided. The decision to bring in a 90 year old owner was both Ambrosie's fault & the BOG's. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Wow. He’s a damn good young ni wr but man I wouldn’t wanna be paying him that. 

I see those numbers & remember that Lawler got over $300,000 last year. Duke Williams got over $225,000. Drew Desjarlais a FREAKING GUARD got $225,000. I think those numbers Gittens signed for are doable for Demski. He won't be making $185,000 a year. It'll be slightly more like Gittens. 

Not sure it's a gross over pay. High? Sure. But wasn't he their leading reciever? Plus Canadian? Plus young? If he continues to improve this year and the next 2, I could see a team giving him that. So TO hedged their bet. No guarantees in the CFL, especially on big contracts.

Demski at 200 is fair. Not more than that though. 

Indunno...200k for any top flight receiver regardless of nationality in my opinion is or should be top money benchmark...over 200k is getting stupid..and restricts you at a position where if you have good scouting should be easy filled...and if he is your best highest paying guy..and gets dinged for any short periods...likely your Canadian backup is sub par

There are tons of Gittens types down south for a third of that cost...likely better and would take less time to develop...paying your Canadian lineman..those big bucks...but specialty players like reciever and even RB to an extent is dumb...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Indunno...200k for any top flight receiver regardless of nationality in my opinion is or should be top money benchmark...over 200k is getting stupid..and restricts you at a position where if you have good scouting should be easy filled...and if he is your best highest paying guy..and gets dinged for any short periods...likely your Canadian backup is sub par

There are tons of Gittens types down south for a third of that cost...likely better and would take less time to develop...paying your Canadian lineman..those big bucks...but specialty players like reciever and even RB to an extent is dumb...

And it won't matter if his QB can't get him the ball on a consistent basis. I still can't believe we lost to these suckers.

My hatred for the Argos is cruising along nicely.

Argos don't make the playoffs next year. They think they're better than they are. From Champions to Chumps in a very short period of time. That's my wager.

38 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And it won't matter if his QB can't get him the ball on a consistent basis. I still can't believe we lost to these suckers.

My hatred for the Argos is cruising along nicely.

Argos don't make the playoffs next year. They think they're better than they are. From Champions to Chumps in a very short period of time. That's my wager.

Yeah...was an epic turd by us...by far the better team...just we were in a funk that game..and that was that..I think ZC was hindered alot...cause it wasn't just an "off" look to him...he was not healthy but gutted it out

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...was an epic turd by us...by far the better team...just we were in a funk that game..and that was that..I think ZC was hindered alot...cause it wasn't just an "off" look to him...he was not healthy but gutted it out

But they were the better team that day- they have their names engraved on that trophy, not our guys.

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not sure it's a gross over pay. High? Sure. But wasn't he their leading reciever? Plus Canadian? Plus young? If he continues to improve this year and the next 2, I could see a team giving him that. So TO hedged their bet. No guarantees in the CFL, especially on big contracts.

Demski at 200 is fair. Not more than that though. 

Agreed. They're paying for potential, sure. You're banking on him continuing his progression.

But he's locked in at a known rate and they got a budding star.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Well duhh...haha..jk...they were a bit better based on the end result...but we played baddddd

Damn true.....Zack was off his game (injury hampered).....Kicking game was not up to par.....Receivers seemed out of synch and worst of all our D let us down when it mattered...Should have ran their back-up off of the field instead of giving him time to move the ball....What a time to have one of the worst games of the year after all of our successes in 22'......Having the last field goal attempt fail was the last straw for me....shut the bloody thing off and got out the Glenfiddick....I want some serious redemption in 23' .....and you can bet our guys will be primed