2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

55 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Saw your chirp on Reddit yesterday and had a good chuckle. Stubble-jumpers are such a sensitive bunch.

They really are overly sensitive aren't they? What a bunch of snowflakes. 

47 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

AC Leonard goes off steroids and plays bad and gets injured all year. 

Shocking. 

HE JUST COULDN'T PEE!!!!!! HE NEVER TOOK STEROIDS!!! WHATABOUTANDREWHARRIS!!!!111!!

On 2023-01-31 at 9:59 AM, Noeller said:

a lot of people seem to think Tui Eli, with spot/back-up duty in 2021, and then completely out of the game in 2022, is going to just be able to walk in and start Day 1 in 2023..... that seems hard for me to believe. I could believe that he's kept in OL shape......I don't know if you can just get up to game speed that quickly. 

He was out of football coming into the cfl remember. And coming off a major knee injury. He played at the end of 2017, then didn’t play 2018 or until summer of 2019 here in tc. Nearly two years. 

17 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Wieneke's 2022 season was mediocre but so was the team he was on. The year before he was an All Star and led the league in TDs. Ellingson was supposed to put up big numbers on our vastly superior team.

Last year Wieneke's production slowed down, but I think this was mostly due to the style of offence and QB play. Under VAJ Wieneke put up very good numbers. The guy is a deep threat, and is excellent at grabbing contested catches. Once MTL moved to a quick pass offence (IE Trevor harris took over) his production dropped off.

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Last year Wieneke's production slowed down, but I think this was mostly due to the style of offence and QB play. Under VAJ Wieneke put up very good numbers. The guy is a deep threat, and is excellent at grabbing contested catches. Once MTL moved to a quick pass offence (IE Trevor harris took over) his production dropped off.

Agreed. He’s also 6’4 he would be a great deep ball target for ZC8

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Agreed. He’s also 6’4 he would be a great deep ball target for ZC8

Agree BUT IF it comes down to Ellingson  vs. Wieneke, who do you think Zack is going to be pushing for......hmmmmmmm....Both had down years in 22'   ...Wieneke is probably going to be around longer than Elli...but Collaros has the familiarity thing with Greg....Hard one to call..........

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Agree BUT IF it comes down to Ellingson  vs. Wieneke, who do you think Zack is going to be pushing for......hmmmmmmm....Both had down years in 22'   ...Wieneke is probably going to be around longer than Elli...but Collaros has the familiarity thing with Greg....Hard one to call..........

Well I guess it depends.. Ellingson has been the better player when healthy but he’ll be 35 by the team the CFL season is over in 2023. I guess I can’t really see a scenario where a 34 year old is going to get less injury prone, I would rather roll the dice on Wieneke who was outstanding in 2021. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

6 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

The Estate probably wants to cash out, not committed to running a football team and losing money doing so, problem is Stern can't raise the cash to buy them out and few buyers interested.  This is what happens when an old man buys an expensive convertible sports car, then croaks!

This is all on Randy Ambrosie. There was a former Als player from Quebec who had the money & a consortium of partners who have tried to buy the team twice & Ambrosie rebuffed him twice. How that ****** Ambrosie stays Commissioner is beyond me. The guy is a joke. He's killing this league with a million paper cuts. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

If Ellingson is on this team I’ll be unhappy with it. 

I would be pretty neutral. He was great when on the field. 

He would probably be awesome in a secondary role (Assuming we have Demski and Schoen back).

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Ellingson is a gamble, in comparison to Weineke. That being said Weineke's production last year worries me too. 

He did heat up late though. I feel like he was lost with Harris and in that offense. I don’t think it’s on him. That’s the best value guy in free agency imo 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is all on Randy Ambrosie. There was a former Als player from Quebec who had the money & a consortium of partners who have tried to buy the team twice & Ambrosie rebuffed him twice. How that ****** Ambrosie stays Commissioner is beyond me. The guy is a joke. He's killing this league with a million paper cuts. 

You really need to stop thinking that Ambrosie is some kind of CFL dictator. 

22 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

There is thread in general discussion where your added commentary belongs. Please don't open up political crap in the football threads. Scott Moe's drinking record has absolutely nothing to do with the CFL.

I apologize that I can't limit my Rider humour to "Their stadium looks like a toilet" or "They are a bunch of inbreds with no teeth".

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He did heat up late though. I feel like he was lost with Harris and in that offense. I don’t think it’s on him. That’s the best value guy in free agency imo 

It depends what he gets I suppose. I don't think he would come cheap.

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I apologize that I can't limit my Rider humour to "Their stadium looks like a toilet" or "They are a bunch of inbreds with no teeth".

Again...what does Scott Moe have to do with the RIders? Nothing at all. It's political commentary not football.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

It depends what he gets I suppose. I don't think he would come cheap.

Again...what does Scott Moe have to do with the RIders? Nothing at all. It's political commentary not football.

ehhh it's drawing a comparison between notable Saskatchewan figures with drunk driving histories. One guy gets to be premier the other gets suspended from the football team. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

ehhh it's drawing a comparison between notable Saskatchewan figures with drunk driving histories. One guy gets to be premier the other gets suspended from the football team. 

Really? There was no mention of that whatsoever. Just a blurb about Jake Dolegala getting his day in court and then a meme about Scott Moe....no context given as to why whatsoever. Considering Scott Moe's impaired status, and your general feelings about privilege in Saskatchewan, are completely unrelated to the CFL and Jake Dolegala in general, I am sure you can understand my objection. Political and social commentary have their own thread. Unless you are arguing that the Riders and CFL's stance on this is too harsh, or too lenient...but again Scott Moe has nothing to do with that. 

Edited by GCn20

7 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

You honestly believe Ambroise has any say on who can or can't own a team? And he alone holds the power to deny someone? 

Read this article today from the Herb Zurkowsky of the Montreal Gazette who is the beat writer for the Als. Read what he has to say about Ambrosie. It's not very complimentary. He places the blame directly on him just like I do. If someone doesn't step up & buy the team then there won't be a team in Montreal as this time it'll fold.

Yeah, Ambrosie does have a say & his advice influences the BOG's. He's the point man for the league. He finds potential owners or the potential owners find him. He makes recommendations to the Governors as to who he thinks would be the best ownership for any team on sale. He's supposed to vet the interested parties. Ambrosie says to them when he's ready to do so that, "This is the one".  So yes, this fiasco is on him. Bringing in a 90 year old owner & rejecting Eric Deslauriers group in 2020 with French Canadian backers ready to take over was a huge mistake. Ambrosie rebuffed them twice & now it looks like they don't care anymore. 

Zurkowsky has reported on the Alouettes for many years & was inducted into the Broadcasters & Reporters section of the Canadian Football Hall of Fame in 2008. He's also the guy who broke the Kavis Reed salary cap kickback story in 2018. His credibility is impeccable. 

CFL commissioner is silent as Alouettes twist in the wind | Montreal Gazette