Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah that guy is riderfans personified. Quite fitting that that joke of a franchise has such a joke as the "voice" of the team. 

I really can't believe the organization allows him to keep his job. It's surprising to me the CFL doesn't step in and say hey this isn't good for the league

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

By that logic - Rasheed Bailey wasn’t “our property” either. He was a FA.

This guy is a moron. Stay in your little echo chamber province and say dumb **** that nobody sees. It is a mess when you venture out. 

The guy is incredibly unconnected for a radio guy.

Nobody tells him anything - he is 100%  guesses and lies.

Can't remember is anyone posted this:

FL SCOUTING BUREAU: WINTER EDITION

RANK (PREVIOUS) NAME POSITION SCHOOL HOMETOWN
1 (1) Chase Brown RB Illinois London, Ont.
2 (3) Sydney Brown DB Illinois London, Ont.
3 (9) Tavius Robinson DL Mississippi Guelph, Ont.
4 (7) Sidy Sow OL Eastern Michigan Bromont, Que.
5 (-) Matthew Bergeron OL Syracuse Victoriaville, Que.
6 (4) Jared Wayne WR Pittsburgh Peterborough, Ont.
7 (2) Dontae Bull OL Fresno State Victoria, B.C.
8 (6) Lwal Uguak DL TCU Edmonton, Alta.
9 (10) Jonathan Sutherland DB Penn State Ottawa, Ont.
10 (20) Lake Korte-Moore DL UBC Ottawa, Ont.
11 (16) Harrison Bagayogo DB Guelph Bois-des-Filion, Que.
12 (11) Francis Bemiy DL Southern Utah Montreal, Que.
13 (-) Anthony Bennett DL Regina Weston, Fla.
14 (13) Clark Barnes WR Guelph Brampton, Ont.
15 (-) Michael Brodrique LB Montreal Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Que.
16 (-) James Peter LB Ottawa Ottawa, Ont.
17 (19) Reece Martin DL Mount Allison Moncton, N.B.
18 (18) Jacob Taylor LB Alberta Beaumont, Alta.
19 (-) Quintin Seguin DL Charleston Southern Windsor, Ont.
20 (-) Phillip Grohovac OL Western Victoria, B.C.

Profiles here:  https://www.goelks.com/2023/01/27/cfl-scouting-bureau-reveals-top-20-prospect-rankings/

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

OK Walters, time to sign a slew on dts and des so that we can all obsess over their videos and scouting reports.

Not sure if they can bring in as much competition like they did with the DB's last year. The food budget alone would be enormous.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

Anybody have a question they want me to ask on tonight's Bombers Winter Special (7-9 on CJOB)? We've got the following guys lined up:

Jeffcoat, Neufeld, Collaros, Kyle Walters, Alexander and Lawler

If you've got a good/funny/interesting Q, I'm happy to ask it and give you the credit (unless it's really, really good and then I'll take credit myself) 😊

13 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

Anybody have a question they want me to ask on tonight's Bombers Winter Special (7-9 on CJOB)? We've got the following guys lined up:

If you've got a good/funny/interesting Q, I'm happy to ask it and give you the credit (unless it's really, really good and then I'll take credit myself) 😊

For Walters; when filling out the roster do you try to stay within salary limits for each position group? If so, did you end up spending more than you intended to on receivers?

2 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Question: Does the home score total on the stadium scoreboard go past 99?

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:

so nobody has an actual question?

comeon soeedflex, 1785, anyone.

I dunno, I'm happy to let a professional interviewer talk about whatever he thinks should be talked about with the usual suspects. As far as the players, I'm mildly curious about off-season training and what all that encompasses. But I would say it's Walters that I'm always most interested to hear from. I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that the only really glaring hole is at DT, and would be at least mildly interested in knowing how he feels about the DT position and how easy/difficult it is to find another Nevis or Stove... if they feel they have someone on the roster ready to step in, or if they'll be recruiting heavily for that position, and is it possible that there's decent CIS pick who might be able to do it? 

But, again, DT's a professional.... I'm sure the conversations will be just fine. 

Anything I would want to ask they aren’t going to answer in any real way - and everything more general can only be asked so many ways. 

For example : is Collaros going to tell everyone how hurt he was in the Cup? No. He won’t want it to sound like an excuse. 

Is Jeffcoat going to go into detail about why he thinks this new off season training will help him stay on the field? I doubt it. 

I mean, I guess I would like to hear from Neufield as to why experienced guys that have been playing together for years were have rough patches (including the Grey Cup). Some of them appeared to be lack of execution or understanding of what the defence was doing (for example Hardrick had some complete controller disconnect moments where guys blew past him with no reaction). Declining physical ability and increasing injuries across the line are a bit of  worry. 

The secondary was pretty solid by the end of the year and outside of asking Alexander how he is doing physically I’m not sure there is much to ask. 

Walters already talked pre/post FA so I’m set there and he won’t say much about the draft or his contract. 

I am just glad Lawler is back and he just had a press conference. 

As Cory said, @DTonOB will carry water on it like a pro. 

I'd like to know what the plan is at DT after letting Sayles walk. Are they just going to bring in a bunch of Americans and let them battle it out for the starting spot? The two Jeffs were much more dangerous when they had a proven stud in the middle(Stove) eating up blocks.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

5 hours ago, DTonOB said:

Why haven't we addressed the interior of the Defensive Line. Why can some teams find big run stoppers in the middle & we can't? This is our defense's achilles heel. Please ask both Walters & O'Shea that question. 

As the Lions only gave up a conditional fourth round  pick & with the contract he signed, did the Bombers try to acquire Dane Evans? 

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bombers should launch a lawsuit aginst him & the Riders for slander. That would get that liyttle urchin's attention. Probably lead to his firing. 

Miller should call Gainer, who I assume is the president of the Riders, and get clarification of the Riders position. If it's not the Riders position that the Bombers are cheaters, than why does their mouthpiece say they do?