Don't Look Back - 2022/2023 Bombers Off Season

Wideleft

45 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah, block for him so the kick doesn't get blocked. Reality is we don't know what would have happened with that kick had it not been blocked. It started left sure but tons of kicks do bend back. We can't say what would have happened. Fact is the kick was blocked so none of that matters. #1 problem on that play was the lack of blocking.

Judging by earlier kicks starting left was what he needed to do in that wind. The attempt did look low, but that is not uncommon for kickers to do on windy days either. We have zero idea whether his kick was good or not because an opposing player was able to get through the line almost unblocked and knock that kick down. Putting that on the kicker is wholly unfair.

11 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Don't kid yourself. It was going wide and low. Stop defending a horrible kick.

You must be bored.

You could gauge that from the 6 feet of distance that kick travelled and from a TV angle that wasn't straight away. Wow...you should be working for NASA.

14 hours ago, bryan35 said:

My bad then. False memories I guess. 

Bad memory or memory bias? Food for thought.

Wow and you guys complain about Rider fans????

10 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Judging by earlier kicks starting left was what he needed to do in that wind. The attempt did look low, but that is not uncommon for kickers to do on windy days either. We have zero idea whether his kick was good or not because an opposing player was able to get through the line almost unblocked and knock that kick down. Putting that on the kicker is wholly unfair.

You could gauge that from the 6 feet of distance that kick travelled and from a TV angle that wasn't straight away. Wow...you should be working for NASA.

Bad memory or memory bias? Food for thought.

Bad kicker???

We have a fragile kicker that played a big role in losing the Grey Cup. Go ahead defend him but he needs to get better. Deny that if you want.

3 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Bad kicker???

I'm kind of trying to figure out what point you're trying to make here... literally not one single person has said Leigghio is perfect and no improvement is required... yet that's the premise you are arguing on... I think we're almost all in agreement that we need to see improvement from him next season and most of us would like to see competition in camp.

10 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Bad kicker???

We have a fragile kicker that played a big role in losing the Grey Cup. Go ahead defend him but he needs to get better. Deny that if you want.

I'm not denying that he sucked in the Grey Cup. His punting was an abomination. I just think it is unfair and unrealistic to blame a kicker because his kick was blocked. He did not lose us that game....at least not by himself that's for sure.

Edited by GCn20

38 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm kind of trying to figure out what point you're trying to make here... literally not one single person has said Leigghio is perfect and no improvement is required... yet that's the premise you are arguing on... I think we're almost all in agreement that we need to see improvement from him next season and most of us would like to see competition in camp.

Agreed he needs to get better and competition is needed in camp. Not ready to give up on him yet but some posters seem to be in a bit of denial regarding his play so far. Thats all.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's incredible how much "looking back" on the GC we've done in the thread called "Don't Look Back...." 

ps - Casey Sayles missed his block, otherwise we make that kick... 

For sure. That kick was headed right down the pipe!!! lol

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's incredible how much "looking back" on the GC we've done in the thread called "Don't Look Back...." 

Sayles miss the block. Prukop threw the INT. 

Both gone, so those problems are solved!

16 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Agreed he needs to get better and competition is needed in camp. Not ready to give up on him yet but some posters seem to be in a bit of denial regarding his play so far. Thats all.

For sure. That kick was headed right down the pipe!!! lol

To be the devil's advocate: quarterbacks have a lot more tactile control over the ball when they release it, yet most good QBs have a completion rate a bit above 60%. Kickers much less so, so cut Liegghio some slack. He will get better or he will be gone- the Mafia will see to that.

10 hours ago, bryan35 said:

Don't kid yourself. It was going wide and low. Stop defending a horrible kick.

You must be bored.

How do we know that? Starting a kick left and having it come back right is not unheard of, sometimes it's even intentional.  Low? Sure but too low to get through? Again we can't say. Legghio said he hit the ball good and it would have been good. He is the only one which half a clue. We all don't know **** about what would have happened. 

Remember the talk about feels vs. Reals?

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

To be the devil's advocate: quarterbacks have a lot more tactile control over the ball when they release it, yet most good QBs have a completion rate a bit above 60%. Kickers much less so, so cut Liegghio some slack. He will get better or he will be gone- the Mafia will see to that.

I’d love to see qbs throw for field goals actually. It would certainly help fajardo get closer than his deep balls normally are. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

How do we know that? Starting a kick left and having it come back right is not unheard of, sometimes it's even intentional.  Low? Sure but too low to get through? Again we can't say. Legghio said he hit the ball good and it would have been good. He is the only one which half a clue. We all don't know **** about what would have happened. 

Remember the talk about feels vs. Reals?

What do you expect him to say? I missed??? Which he would have done if it wasn't blocked. 

If you've watched football you've definitely seen kicks go sharp one direction only to hook back in the other. Same as you've seen perfect looking kicks drift to hit the post or go wide. Happens lots. We'll never know for sure if that kick was going in or not. It looked like a foul ball but once it had some air under it who knows? Not a single one of us.

Edited by MOBomberFan
word

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

I am on the normal side of this conversation that thinks we bring Leggs back and probably see continued improvement. 

But you can't say that kick goes in anymore than someone can say it wouldn't have gone in.