Week 21 - Coddled Kittens @ Back-to-back, reigning, defending, Grey Cup Champions! GDT

JCon

9 hours ago, Geebrr said:

TSN recapping the season  and identifies “Canadian impact” but doesn’t include Demski on their “notables”  

What happened to Hallett? 

He pulled up lame on a kick cover in the second quarter, hobbled himself most of the way to the sidelines before a couple of teammates came and carried him to the trainer table. Lower leg/ ankle injury, returned after the half in streets with a significant limp. 

9 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Legit want to see Willie catching passes in the red zone. He played WR I’m college, let’s give it a whirl! 

Seeing him go out on short yardage late in the game. I think we owe him one on offence for all he does, much like the Mike Miller one last night. 

24 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

He pulled up lame on a kick cover in the second quarter, hobbled himself most of the way to the sidelines before a couple of teammates came and carried him to the trainer table. Lower leg/ ankle injury, returned after the half in streets with a significant limp. 

That ******* sucks. 

What a wonderful end to a wonderful regular season. 

How unfortunate it was marred by an embarrassingly obsequious display by TSN. 

I swear if one simply listened to the game recap you wouldn’t even know who BC played. When your entire highlight package consists of plays by the losing team I’m pretty sure you’ve lost the fn plot…especially when you’re ignoring the best team in the league and the league MOP  

That’s not even mentioning the fact that the broadcast booth would have no problem with bringing in Keith Urban’s dog walker for a 20min interview during the Grey Cup but can’t fit in Joe Pop for a few words when he’s honored by the team and fans at home. 

Absolutely inexcusable bush league garbage. 

10 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

What a wonderful end to a wonderful regular season. 

How unfortunate it was marred by an embarrassingly obsequious display by TSN. 

I swear if one simply listened to the game recap you wouldn’t even know who BC played. When your entire highlight package consists of plays by the losing team I’m pretty sure you’ve lost the fn plot…especially when you’re ignoring the best team in the league and the league MOP  

That’s not even mentioning the fact that the broadcast booth would have no problem with bringing in Keith Urban’s dog walker for a 20min interview during the Grey Cup but can’t fit in Joe Pop for a few words when he’s honored by the team and fans at home. 

Absolutely inexcusable bush league garbage. 

It was equally horrible during the SSk/CGY game....well Suitor was. You'd think Fajardo was some kind of legend in Regina with a decade of playoff wins and at least 1 championship win. The way he kept comparing the Bo/Fajardo situations was ridiculous. No Suitor....its not going to be odd that Fajardo won't be a rider anymore...its only been 3 years. Not even if you take the short season into consideration. Bo was at least a legit legend in CGY and actually did something there. My gawd, Suitor was so horrible during that entire game it was impossible to watch without muting.

On 2022-10-29 at 12:54 PM, Jesse said:

We haven’t seen 9 games like that for decades. I’m never seen it. 

I’m sorry, that does prove something. He still has to prove he can stay healthy and adjust to teams planning around him - but he’s destroyed pretty much every test he’s faced so far (and yes, I understand we crushed him - this isn’t a BC vs Winnipeg debate - We are clearly the superior team).

True,,,but I remember a few other phenoms in their first few starts tearing the league up in the recent past., Jon Jennings, Casey Printers, and Cody Fajardo are all cautionary tales about appointing young QBs as future MOPs too early. Jon Jennings, in particular, looked like he could do no wrong his first season.  Something like 5500 yds passing with 30 TDs passing. He looked like he was on his way. He crashed and burned when DCs figured him out. Same with Printers, same with Fajardo....just saying.

Edited by GCn20

53 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

True,,,but I remember a few other phenoms in their first few starts tearing the league up in the recent past., Jon Jennings, Casey Printers, and Cody Fajardo are all cautionary tales about appointing young QBs as future MOPs too early. Jon Jennings, in particular, looked like he could do no wrong his first season.  Something like 5500 yds passing with 30 TDs passing. He looked like he was on his way. He crashed and burned when DCs figured him out. Same with Printers, same with Fajardo....just saying.

100% - he has many things to prove.

I'm just of the opinion you can't take away what he has done. Printers won MOP - he was absolutely the best QB in the league that year and BC dicked around trying to put Dickenson back in when Printers was their best option.

3DN power rankings:

3. B.C. Lions (3)

Laugh it up Bombers fans, you can decisively claim the season series over the Lions. But the only thing that mattered league-wide in Week 21 was that Nathan Rourke is back on the field and looks just like he did before the injury, altering the playoff outlook for everyone.

That’s the difference- we only laughed at your clownish behaviour 2 weeks ago. We would beat you 3/3 (or 4/4) times with- or without Rourke. 

Come get your ass kicked again. Also, couldn’t agree more. Rourke looked exactly like he did against us earlier this year- ineffective and confused. 

5 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

3DN power rankings:

3. B.C. Lions (3)

Laugh it up Bombers fans, you can decisively claim the season series over the Lions. But the only thing that mattered league-wide in Week 21 was that Nathan Rourke is back on the field and looks just like he did before the injury, altering the playoff outlook for everyone.

That’s the difference- we only laughed at your clownish behaviour 2 weeks ago. We would beat you 3/3 (or 4/4) times with- or without Rourke. 

Come get your ass kicked again. Also, couldn’t agree more. Rourke looked exactly like he did against us earlier this year- ineffective and confused. 

And those receivers are going to grow T-rex arms when they remember those hits from the defense this week, and how they're going to feel when it's even colder.

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

3DN power rankings:

3. B.C. Lions (3)

I was going to say his lack of mobility was a most certainly a change for Rourke but then I looked at the stats from the game against us earlier in the year.  Zero rushing attempts - the only team he could not run against.

I'm guessing Calgary's D-Line is very much looking forward to Sunday.