Back to Back Champs at Ticats GDT

Nolby

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

If TSN is talking about it - it’s because he talked about it.

Some people want to limit the stigma by being open and honest about mental health struggles.

If injuries are secretive then the mental health of players should also be. I mean, which is more personal? A pulled hamstring or being diagnosed with depression?  

What does everyone have against Dane Evans? He’s had a rough year but overall has shown to be a decent QB, owns his mistakes, is passionate and by all accounts seems to be a nice guy. He’s basically the opposite of Crapardo in every way possible. The guy threw 5 TDs and a bunch of yards against a team that gives up no scores and has dominated him in the past, of course he celebrated. I’d take him on our team behind Zach over most QBs in the league. 

3 minutes ago, O2L said:

What does everyone have against Dane Evans? He’s had a rough year but overall has shown to be a decent QB, owns his mistakes, is passionate and by all accounts seems to be a nice guy. He’s basically the opposite of Crapardo in every way possible. The guy threw 5 TDs and a bunch of yards against a team that gives up no scores and has dominated him in the past, of course he celebrated. I’d take him on our team behind Zach over most QBs in the league. 

He looked like Joe Montana today......or we made him look like it

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If injuries are secretive then the mental health of players should also be. I mean, which is more personal? A pulled hamstring or being diagnosed with depression?  

Again - the only one who could have shared that information is Dane himself.

If he wanted it a secret, it would have been.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One of the weirdest things is the 2 point conversions.

The way he explained it post-game was that "we'd have to get into the endzone 6 times."

Except the conversions would be from the 2 yard line.  Anyone want to compare odds of getting in from the 2 as opposed to Liegghio's career PAT %?  It's not much different.  Also factor in that Hamilton is the worst stadium for kickers in the league.

Also you force yourself to need an extra offensive possession just because you have a phobia of 2 point converts.

I don't get his philosophy on those at all.

I'd like to see more 2 point plays for sure

1 hour ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Serious question. (I'm a Bomber fan but haven't played the game.) I know that the slot backs get to do that waggle thing so the defenders have to play off them. However. the outside receivers start from a stand still and yet the Bomber CBs still give a 10 yard , at least, cushion. Nine times out of 10, that's an easy pitch and catch for a first down. I wonder why the CBs aren't playing it a little tighter. Can't the Bombers run some sort of hybrid system to take this into account? I'm truly perplexed.

You musta been talking to my wife....she can't stand the huge cushion!

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know what the point is of TSN telling us constantly that Evans suffered from depression or hinting that he's Bi Polar but a super lady shrink cured him. If I was Evans, I'd want to keep most of that personal as it's no one's business. I mean, we can't even find out about Greg Ellingson's injury as it's supposed to be private & yet there's TSN telling everyone Evans has issues that needed treatment & just laid it all out for fans to hear. He couldn't handle the pressures of being a starter or a new father. So, now the world knows it. Like WTH? 

Shittiest of ****-takes.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Is it me or has Sayles not done much this year. As Speed said our two ends have been great but the interior of the line is lacking. I'm echoing others but we need a big physical DT, a WIL and a new guy or two in the secondary. Try Hassell or Ford as others have said. Don't get why they play Holm.

Holm is like the third-worst DB we had on the field today, which also makes him the third-best.

Sayles is fine but clearly had no ability to get around the edge.  Unbelievable to me that we have a DE dressed that we wouldn't even give a single rep to, even when we're down 4 scores.

Yup...that would be a nice elixir.. and I think at times Osh feels he owes it to a guy for being around working...sure at times it's a good thing.. but rookie Holms doesnt offer us much..sure he made a play or 2...all guys will...but he...and lesser extent Parker hurt us overall...

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...that would be a nice elixir.. and I think at times Osh feels he owes it to a guy for being around working...sure at times it's a good thing.. but rookie Holms doesnt offer us much..sure he made a play or 2...all guys will...but he...and lesser extent Parker hurt us overall...

You think Parker played better than Holm? Was I watching the same game 😂

If Evans wants to talk about his mental health struggles, that's awesome and as dudes, we need to do it more. But it's not on TSN to do it unless he told them to. But again, especially in a sport with fans who are largely dudes, mental health should be talked about more. 

5 minutes ago, Bombertown said:

You think Parker played better than Holm? Was I watching the same game 😂

I'm talking body of work...parker adds way more on special teams...and as a returner....plus has shown some nice flashes....both tho should not be starting 

38 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Holm is like the third-worst DB we had on the field today, which also makes him the third-best.

Sayles is fine but clearly had no ability to get around the edge.  Unbelievable to me that we have a DE dressed that we wouldn't even give a single rep to, even when we're down 4 scores.

So you had it as Alexander, Nichols, Holm, Parker and Rose?

I never want to see my team lose like that. I hope it serves as a wake-up call to the entire organization. 

I think we need some changes, specifically on the interior of our D line and in our secondary. I'd also not mind giving a chance to someone else to play left guard. Grey gives up so many "look out" blocks I just don't get why he's still in there.

Also I thought Collaros did not have a very good game. That fumble, and the late pick into triple coverage are plays he just can't make. I don't remember which game it was, but I've seen him fumble like that before. 

A bye week couldn't come at a better time. Let's bring in some new guys and rest up our beat up guys.

22 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So you had it as Alexander, Nichols, Holm, Parker and Rose?

Hard to judge Alexander this early.

Rose is mostly playing the field, some variation brings him inside because Hamilton runs funky run-and-shoot stuff, but still got burned deep.  That was inexcusable, and on a play when the rush was in Evans face.  Rose was getting ready to run up there and celebrate a sack, his feet stopped and he was watching the backfield.  Not many positive plays for him in this game. 

I expect the trouble with the medium-underneath stuff vs a scheme like Hamilton's if the QB is accurate, you can't really cover their 3 man (4 man with the fullback and put that doubt in the Bombers D early) route combinations you have to guess so there's often going to be a guy who is "wide-open" but it's on the QB to read that half of the field post snap.  Or you run more zone stuff to challenge the QB and risk getting beat deep (ultimately what I would prefer to do vs run-and-shoot in a vacuum).  Theoretically if you have any pass rush that's how you defend that offensive scheme.  We didn't have that.

Parker is playing the boundary which is quite often the hot seat where Dunbar is.  He didn't get beat deep which is his job.  If there wasn't a total defensive collapse his day would be fine.  Going to give up some first downs.

Holm was the only DB who came up and made plays on the ball.  I feel like Nichols will be playing a lot more of a deep half that Taylor played with the safety with Taylor out, looked that way today.

The big plays to the tight end we'll never know who's fault that is without knowing the scheme/call exactly on each play.  The backers key looked to be run and then drop to crossers.  Both those big plays were wheel routes behind a trips formation, one was backside crosser to seam.  Some teams would cross their halfback with a SAM if they like the matchup better on a certain slot, some teams would prefer the halfback stay on the receiver and the SAM take the guy who is usually a blocker with a run key too.  None of the 4 DB's (including SAM) on the side of the field where that route ended up took the deep routes by 38 for Hamilton.

A big thing is that it's not really going to help to keep moving guys in and out, around the field.  4 games left, maybe try someone new next game but would be nice to let a group in the secondary play out the season to develop some familiarity and chemistry for playoffs.

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I never want to see my team lose like that. I hope it serves as a wake-up call to the entire organization. 

I think we need some changes, specifically on the interior of our D line and in our secondary. I'd also not mind giving a chance to someone else to play left guard. Grey gives up so many "look out" blocks I just don't get why he's still in there.

Also I thought Collaros did not have a very good game. That fumble, and the late pick into triple coverage are plays he just can't make. I don't remember which game it was, but I've seen him fumble like that before. 

A bye week couldn't come at a better time. Let's bring in some new guys and rest up our beat up guys.

He's had fumbles like that almost weekly unfortunately.  

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Rookie Dbs, missing Lbs, injuries caught up to us on defense. I trust the Cdn mafia to get this worked out when crunch time hits. We just finished a tough back to back, i knew that and  our injuries would mean that Hammy ( who had nothing to lose) would be tough. Flush this move on.

Edited by bb1

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hard to judge Alexander this early.

Rose is mostly playing the field, some variation brings him inside because Hamilton runs funky run-and-shoot stuff, but still got burned deep.  That was inexcusable, and on a play when the rush was in Evans face.  Rose was getting ready to run up there and celebrate a sack, his feet stopped and he was watching the backfield.  Not many positive plays for him in this game. 

I expect the trouble with the medium-underneath stuff vs a scheme like Hamilton's if the QB is accurate, you can't really cover their 3 man (4 man with the fullback and put that doubt in the Bombers D early) route combinations you have to guess so there's often going to be a guy who is "wide-open" but it's on the QB to read that half of the field post snap.  Or you run more zone stuff to challenge the QB and risk getting beat deep (ultimately what I would prefer to do vs run-and-shoot in a vacuum).  Theoretically if you have any pass rush that's how you defend that offensive scheme.  We didn't have that.

Parker is playing the boundary which is quite often the hot seat where Dunbar is.  He didn't get beat deep which is his job.  If there wasn't a total defensive collapse his day would be fine.  Going to give up some first downs.

Holm was the only DB who came up and made plays on the ball.  I feel like Nichols will be playing a lot more of a deep half that Taylor played with the safety with Taylor out, looked that way today.

The big plays to the tight end we'll never know who's fault that is without knowing the scheme/call exactly on each play.  The backers key looked to be run and then drop to crossers.  Both those big plays were wheel routes behind a trips formation, one was backside crosser to seam.  Some teams would cross their halfback with a SAM if they like the matchup better on a certain slot, some teams would prefer the halfback stay on the receiver and the SAM take the guy who is usually a blocker with a run key too.  None of the 4 DB's (including SAM) on the side of the field where that route ended up took the deep routes by 38 for Hamilton.

A big thing is that it's not really going to help to keep moving guys in and out, around the field.  4 games left, maybe try someone new next game but would be nice to let a group in the secondary play out the season to develop some familiarity and chemistry for playoffs.

He's had fumbles like that almost weekly unfortunately.  

I agree we can't make wholesale changes in the secondary, but we've had some injuries and I do feel we need to at least explore the possibility of a change. Also agree that we didn't have much ( if any ) of a pass rush. It's been a long time since I saw such a technical post here, and I appreciate it!

Worth adding- it was hot as f*ck for most of the game, kind of adds to the question of why some spots didn’t see more rotation. 

Bottom line though, they had a stinker out east. Coaching, players, all around. It happens. They’re still 12-2. I’m confident they’ll show up for the big games.