Back to Back Champs at Ticats GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t buy the “our veterans have been bad on D this year” argument but I definitely buy the “Bighill has been bad this year” argument.

He’s coasting on name recognition at this point, he’s finished

The cliff is most certainly near. I think Walters' main priority this offseason may be finding another MLB.

How Rideresque...chalk this loss firmly at the feet of the coaching staff and lesser extent Walter's.

Poor defensive game plan that had no answers...not sure what they scouted but good god...compounded with stupid roster management...the lack of dline depth on roster..especially at end is pathetic...dont roster your replacement for rotational guys if you wont use them...poor guys by 4th quarter were bagged right out...couple that with zero db depth making you play whatever crappy scheme that was is a recipe for disaster...which we just witnessed...why we havnt brought anyone in for those spots for depth is baffling and killed us here...and again...why dress dobson and have him do  nothing all game...if u figure Couture isnt 100 percent ready then keep him on ir...good thing bye is coming as we need it obviously..and make a deal...christ even bring in Glass again...is better than 2 the guys we trotting out right now if Taylor and Hiuston are done for yr...and why havnt we found a replacement for Wilson yet?? Game 14 already

On bright note offence put up 31...kept chugging...BOLO is a fine replacement...Bailey is engaged and vital... Schoen is damn good and when Ellingson comes back those guys along with Demski gonna cause a lot of issues with Brady's running

Glad we lost one tho to be honest so we dont get complacent...and do too.much resting of guys down stretch

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Rose for sure has not had a great year. This game included. Might be a case of confusion/covering for all the rookies in the secondary. At least i hope so.....

That Holm/Parker combo is not helping us...2 rookies that aren't top calibre will get u slaughtered in the CFL...

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That once In a lifetime D was last season not this one  

Amazing how far this D has fallen from last year. From literally generational to this......Yikes. I said it in the offseason, Stove was going to be our biggest loss. Just no push in the middle and our run D has been pretty soft all year.

Rose for sure has not had a great year. This game included. Might be a case of confusion/covering for all the rookies in the secondary. At least i hope so.....

Watching 2019 highlights of Rose… he’s a shell of a shell of himself this season.  It’s like when Randle and Leggett couldn’t cover anymore… except this year too many injuries to sit him down.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

How Rideresque...chalk this loss firmly at the feet of the coaching staff and lesser extent Walter's.

Poor defensive game plan that had no answers...not sure what they scouted but good god...compounded with stupid roster management...the lack of dline depth on roster..especially at end is pathetic...dont roster your replacement for rotational guys if you wont use them...poor guys by 4th quarter were bagged right out...couple that with zero db depth making you play whatever crappy scheme that was is a recipe for disaster...which we just witnessed...why we havnt brought anyone in for those spots for depth is baffling and killed us here...and again...why dress dobson and have him do  nothing all game...if u figure Couture isnt 100 percent ready then keep him on ir...good thing bye is coming as we need it obviously..and make a deal...christ even bring in Glass again...is better than 2 the guys we trotting out right now if Taylor and Hiuston are done for yr...and why havnt we found a replacement for Wilson yet?? Game 14 already

On bright note offence put up 31...kept chugging...BOLO is a fine replacement...Bailey is engaged and vital... Schoen is damn good and when Ellingson comes back those guys along with Demski gonna cause a lot of issues with Brady's running

Glad we lost one tho to be honest so we dont get complacent...and do too.much resting of guys down stretch

This game is really the piece of shining evidence I would be pointing to if I wanted support for my argument that O’Shea is not really a very good gameday coach.

Terrible decision making … we take the wind for the second quarter then opt out of a 53 yard field goal try to settle for a single instead.

Horrible roster management … terrible application of the ratio and inability to use rotation for our guys who have shown they need it to succeed

Not overruling the bonehead choice to put Prukop in on second and manageable after Collaros drove the field was ugly too 

It’s a bit frustrating 

Just now, Mike said:

I don’t buy the “our veterans have been bad on D this year” argument but I definitely buy the “Bighill has been bad this year” argument.

He’s coasting on name recognition at this point, he’s finished

Which veteran has been good?  Jefferson has the odd big game, Jeffcoat has been mostly injured, Rose is basically being hidden at field corner and still burned 1-2 times a game.

I think we are in a heap of trouble with injuries on both sides of the ball and I don't really see them working guys in to backfill, or even having guys in town.

Grant looks like he's not going to be of much use for the rest of this season, we're down to the guys on the field for receivers.  Time to bring some players in or we're going to have a hell of a time beating someone good in the West Final and then beating that Argo D (who just added another legit NFL pass rusher today) in the Grey Cup.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Toss this mess in the trash - what a disgrace 😂

We need some help at DB

ZC was not good today 

ZC wasn't great. Two shitty turnovers. He usually has one shitty turnover a game. Being down big to the point where we couldn't run the ball a lot and he still moved the ball quite well. Zach was slightly below average Zach. But that's still pretty good 

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Which veteran has been good?  Jefferson has the odd big game, Jeffcoat has been mostly injured, Rose is basically being hidden at field corner and still burned 1-2 times a game.

I think we are in a heap of trouble with injuries on both sides of the ball and I don't really see them working guys in to backfill, or even having guys in town.

Grant looks like he's not going to be of much use for the rest of this season, we're down to the guys on the field for receivers.  Time to bring some players in or we're going to have a hell of a time beating someone good in the West Final and then beating that Argo D (who just added another legit NFL pass rusher today) in the Grey Cup.

I have no complaints about Jefferson or Jeffcoat performance wise. Bighill and Rose have been bad. 

I agree re: Grant

Love Osh but what the hell does he have against going for 2?? Especially when it makes sense mathematically and your down. He NEVER tries for two even when it makes complete sense. It drives me absolutely nuts and he's done this since day 1 of this coaching tenure. Boggles my mind and has very nearly cost us games. Im sure it will at some point.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

ZC wasn't great. Two shitty turnovers. He usually has one shitty turnover a game. Being down big to the point where we couldn't run the ball a lot and he still moved the ball quite well. Zach was slightly below average Zach. But that's still pretty good 

He wasn’t seeing the field well. Threw into double/triple coverage a lot. 

That pick where the DB dropped off Demski was way too late 

Edited by Geebrr

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Love Osh but what the hell does he have against going for 2?? Especially when it makes sense mathematically and your down. It drives me absolutely nuts and he's done this since day 1 of this coaching tenure. Boggles my mind and has very nearly cost us games. Im sure it will at one point.

We appear to be not good in the red zone. That's the only logical reason I could think of 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

This game is really the piece of shining evidence I would be pointing to if I wanted support for my argument that O’Shea is not really a very good gameday coach.

Terrible decision making … we take the wind for the second quarter then opt out of a 53 yard field goal try to settle for a single instead.

Horrible roster management … terrible application of the ratio and inability to use rotation for our guys who have shown they need it to succeed

Not overruling the bonehead choice to put Prukop in on second and manageable after Collaros drove the field was ugly too 

It’s a bit frustrating 

Yeah...inwas gonna say why didnt we try for 3? So lame...and I been saying for yrs his roster management sucks...for all his food things this is been glaring for yrs...and at times dumb weak assed in game decisions...but hey...we made TSN all giddy and happy...and was kinda funny watching lame assed Evan's act like he is the man 

Love Osh but what the hell does he have against going for 2?? Especially when it makes sense mathematically and your down. It drives me absolutely nuts and he's done this since day 1 of this coaching tenure. Boggles my mind and has very nearly cost us games. Im sure it will at one point.

Forgot to mention that too.

There was one point where it made absolutely zero sense to NOT go for 2 and he still won’t 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Amazing how far this D has fallen from last year. From literally generational to this......Yikes. I said it in the offseason, Stove was going to be our biggest loss. Just no push in the middle and our run D has been pretty soft all year.

We lost some key veterans to free agency. Zach had to get paid. Throw in the injuries this season & this is what you get. We are still a very good team. In the meantime, we can't change the makeup of this defense much. Hopefully we bring in some NFL cuts. Also, the CFL trade deadline is Oct 5th.