Back to Back Champs at Ticats GDT

Nolby

I think this game is more than an anomaly that can be dismissed as a one off. Despite our record, our success has been balancing on a knifes edge most of the season, and a lot of it comes down to a D that looks nowhere close to last years squad. This game, the last home win against Calgary...even the Montreal loss. This team is capable of laying more eggs this season if they can't figure out how to defend consistently.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He wasn’t seeing the field well. Threw into double/triple coverage a lot. 

That pick where the DB dropped off Demski was way too late 

At the end of the day he threw one pick when it mattered.. I think he was seeing the field fine for the most part. He threw for how many yards?

I really just do NOT understand our roster management and how we deploy guys on gameday 

Wilcots has been rotating all year on the DL … we sign Cooper, move him to the active roster in like 4 days, send Wilcots to the PR and then give Cooper absolutely zero reps on the edge?

Harrison dressed for four games and didn’t see a single snap on offense

Gauthier and Thomas seeing as many snaps as they do when we start 8-9 Canadians also drives me nuts. Gauthier is not Kyrie Wilson and Jake creates little to no pressure up the middle. Find an American who can play.

not to mention I think we dressed 7 offensive linemen today .. why when we are SO thin on D

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have no complaints about Jefferson or Jeffcoat performance wise. Bighill and Rose have been bad. 

I agree re: Grant

I have complaints about Jefferson, but a lot of it is usage.  He's kind of like having a Ferrari in Winnipeg, you drive it down the right roads at the right time, it's not the car you take to work on a Tuesday.  IMO not a every down player like he's become in this back half of the season.  We need to rotate him out.  Makes a lot of lazy plays, consistently gives up his outside leverage letting QB's/runs by him and don't get the big plays from him when he plays more.  If he plays 2/3 of snaps you give him a bit of cover and he has the legs to be a difference maker more often.

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t buy the “our veterans have been bad on D this year” argument but I definitely buy the “Bighill has been bad this year” argument.

He’s coasting on name recognition at this point, he’s finished

I think the issue is more about the capabilities of the other 2 guys playing linebacker. They're getting pushed around. 

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I really just do NOT understand our roster management and how we deploy guys on gameday 

Wilcots has been rotating all year on the DL … we sign Cooper, move him to the active roster in like 4 days, send Wilcots to the PR and then give Cooper absolutely zero reps on the edge?

Harrison dressed for four games and didn’t see a single snap on offense

Gauthier and Thomas seeing as many snaps as they do when we start 8-9 Canadians also drives me nuts. Gauthier is not Kyrie Wilson and Jake creates little to no pressure up the middle. Find an American who can play.

not to mention I think we dressed 7 offensive linemen today .. why when we are SO thin on D

Harrison played 2 snaps vs Calgary inside the 3 minute warning when McCrae had to go out.  Crazy too because Harrison is exactly the kind of receiver Collaros loves and that we are missing with Ellingson AND Wolitarsky out.  BOLO was good in Woli's spot, but BOLO is also a guy with a pretty tough injury history so crazy to me we have him rostered with essentially no backup (Grant to me is not at all a viable receiver) other than using Miller/OL as TE for rest of the game.

Glad we dressed 7 OL, one of whom didn't even step on the field.

We actually had a load of guys on D, we just didn't use them.  Barrett, Cooper, Cole all dressed.  When our D couldn't stop anything do we have a package to sub any of those guys in for any role, no?  We took that OL spot from the receiving corps.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I think the issue is more about the capabilities of the other 2 guys playing linebacker. They're getting pushed around. 

Bighill is getting pushed around. I’m not talking about a guy who is late to the read because he’s trying to cover for the mistakes of others.

He can’t tackle. He’s probably one of the least physical linebackers in the league at this point.

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Amazing how far this D has fallen from last year. From literally generational to this......Yikes. I said it in the offseason, Stove was going to be our biggest loss. Just no push in the middle and our run D has been pretty soft all year.

I agree our run D has been soft...at times. Generally early in the game, make some adjustments and we settle in.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Harrison played 2 snaps vs Calgary inside the 3 minute warning when McCrae had to go out.  Crazy too because Harrison is exactly the kind of receiver Collaros loves and that we are missing with Ellingson AND Wolitarsky out.

Glad we dressed 7 OL, one of whom didn't even step on the field.

We actually had a load of guys on D, we just didn't use them.  Barrett, Cooper, Cole all dressed.  When our D couldn't stop anything do we have a package to sub any of those guys in for any role, no?  We took that OL spot from the receiving corps.

Who is Barrett? Hassell, I’m guessing ?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Bighill is getting pushed around. I’m not talking about a guy who is late to the read because he’s trying to cover for the mistakes of others.

He can’t tackle. He’s probably one of the least physical linebackers in the league at this point.

Honestly I hope the media rips biggie this week so he can get that chip on his shoulder like last year. The big contract is not worth it

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah...inwas gonna say why didnt we try for 3? So lame...and I been saying for yrs his roster management sucks...for all his food things this is been glaring for yrs...and at times dumb weak assed in game decisions...but hey...we made TSN all giddy and happy...and was kinda funny watching lame assed Evan's act like he is the man 

I don't know what the point is of TSN telling us constantly that Evans suffered from depression or hinting that he's Bi Polar but a super lady shrink cured him. If I was Evans, I'd want to keep most of that personal as it's no one's business. I mean, we can't even find out about Greg Ellingson's injury as it's supposed to be private & yet there's TSN telling everyone Evans has issues that needed treatment & just laid it all out for fans to hear. He couldn't handle the pressures of being a starter or a new father. So, now the world knows it. Like WTH?