Back to Back Champs at Ticats GDT

Nolby

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Looking forward to two weeks of “Mike O’Shea is actually a bad coach” and one horrible game on D erasing a season of giving up basically nothing for points 

that, and several other takes here so dumb, they must be trolling.

or, more likely, hammered.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't know what the point is of TSN telling us constantly that Evans suffered from depression or hinting that he's Bi Polar but a super lady shrink cured him. If I was Evans, I'd want to keep most of that personal as it's no one's business. I mean, we can't even find out about Greg Ellingson's injury as it's supposed to be private & yet there's TSN telling everyone Evans has issues that needed treatment & just laid it all out for fans to hear. He couldn't handle the pressures of being a starter or a new father. So, now the world knows it. Like WTH? 

If TSN is talking about it - it’s because he talked about it.

Some people want to limit the stigma by being open and honest about mental health struggles.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Amazing coach. Not the best strategically on gameday.

One of the weirdest things is the 2 point conversions.

The way he explained it post-game was that "we'd have to get into the endzone 6 times."

Except the conversions would be from the 2 yard line.  Anyone want to compare odds of getting in from the 2 as opposed to Liegghio's career PAT %?  It's not much different.  Also factor in that Hamilton is the worst stadium for kickers in the league.

Also you force yourself to need an extra offensive possession just because you have a phobia of 2 point converts.

I don't get his philosophy on those at all.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Serious question. (I'm a Bomber fan but haven't played the game.) I know that the slot backs get to do that waggle thing so the defenders have to play off them. However. the outside receivers start from a stand still and yet the Bomber CBs still give a 10 yard , at least, cushion. Nine times out of 10, that's an easy pitch and catch for a first down. I wonder why the CBs aren't playing it a little tighter. Can't the Bombers run some sort of hybrid system to take this into account? I'm truly perplexed.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think the defense is a lost cause ,  just need a few new bodies and we should be good. 

The new DBs got torched today. We need some new guys and/or time.

The good news is we have time to get them up to speed or find help 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Amazing coach. Not the best strategically on gameday.

I think most days they get it right. 

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One of the weirdest things is the 2 point conversions.

The way he explained it post-game was that "we'd have to get into the endzone 6 times."

Except the conversions would be from the 2 yard line.  Anyone want to compare odds of getting in from the 2 as opposed to Liegghio's career PAT %?  It's not much different.  Also factor in that Hamilton is the worst stadium for kickers in the league.

Also you force yourself to need an extra offensive possession just because you have a phobia of 2 point converts.

I don't get his philosophy on those at all.

Not going for 2 was confusing. I would have. 

Nobody pays me for my decision though.

Edited by Geebrr
******* hate autocorrect

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

The new DBs got torched today. We need done new guys and it time.

The good news is we have time to get them up to speed or find help 

Rose ain't new and he's been getting torched all year. Holm got beat once on a nice catch. Parker? Yeah he struggled but he mostly got beat underneath not Overtop 

8 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

Serious question. (I'm a Bomber fan but haven't played the game.) I know that the slot backs get to do that waggle thing so the defenders have to play off them. However. the outside receivers start from a stand still and yet the Bomber CBs still give a 10 yard , at least, cushion. Nine times out of 10, that's an easy pitch and catch for a first down. I wonder why the CBs aren't playing it a little tighter. Can't the Bombers run some sort of hybrid system to take this into account? I'm truly perplexed.

Receiver at any spot can start off the line, offense just has to have 7 on line and tackle covered (generally, there are some different formations where they don't have to be).

Hamilton generally uses a tight end on the line and runs trips (3 receivers) to one side of the field with the waggle.  Condell uses that run and shoot kind of philosophy with 3 man routes.  It's hard to cover straight up, usually have to guess in or out breaking because they run lots of levels out of that 3 man look, then up to QB to hit the wide open guy.

Hall doesn't really play zone, it's match coverages where guys are reading/guessing routes.  Zone would probably work best vs run and shoot to force the QB to hold the ball.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Replace him with who?

He has been inconsistent but benching him is not the answer. 

Gauthier starting at WIL over Briggs is weird to me 

Gauthier the only lb who can stop the run. Bighill is struggling. It appears on some plays bighill isn't even playing the middle linebacker position 

If Kyrie is ready who do you take out? I think AB is on his last legs. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Replace him with who?

He has been inconsistent but benching him is not the answer. 

Gauthier starting at WIL over Briggs is weird to me 

Gauthier is basically playing MLB right now.  Yeah he's WIL on the depth chart but he's not starting very often outside of the guards.

I get why he's out there because he's the only guy we regularly use on D that can hit and drive through a tackle, not get lifted for another 5 yards.  Also does the same to blockers on the inside zone runs.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Gauthier is basically playing MLB right now.  Yeah he's WIL on the depth chart but he's not starting very often outside of the guards.

I get why he's out there because he's the only guy we regularly use on D that can hit and drive through a tackle, not get lifted for another 5 yards.  Also does the same to blockers on the inside zone runs.

Bighill is getting hated on way too much. This isn’t the NFL where he is sitting in the box and waiting for handoffs. He is asked to do a ton in our D

Edited by Geebrr

Just now, Geebrr said:

S

Bighill is getting hated on way too much. This isn’t the NFL where he is sitting in the box and waiting for handoffs. He is asked to to a ton in our D 

And he's not making plays and hasn't for some time. I don't know why people think it's hating on him tho. Bottom line is he's supposed to be a difference maker and he isnt anymore 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Bighill is getting hated on way too much. This isn’t the NFL where he is sitting in the box and waiting for handoffs. He is asked to do a ton in our D

Didn't say anything about Bighill. 

Yeah he's basically a rover.  But on that last Hamilton drive that burned 8 whatever off the clock he had the tailback dead to rites at the line twice and ole'd pretty hard.  There's a couple chances for a real big play to get the offense back on the field.  One of them was really bad because he just kind of put his arm out there and quit.

If the guy is that injured sit him.