2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So I don't like dressing guys who don't get snaps, but using mccrae as evidence is flawed imo. Team just likes nccrae.

I agree. McCrae kinda demonstrated why he would be ahead of Harrison. Dude plays receiver quite well. He might be listed as a RB but he certainly has receiving chops as well.

36 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Here’s the thing…you roster a guy in 5 games and don’t even put him on the field while we have a guy who’s played nothing but tailback is a starting slot.  If an American player in this league aside from QB is that poor, put someone else on the roster.  No issue with guys working up to being players…that’s kind of my point.  If you know the guy isn’t a player why keep him around?  You could have had the next guy here who could be a player for us here for the last 16 weeks.

Who is to say it wasn't a coin flip between him and McCrae by the coaches, It's quite possible they only went with McCrae because at the time Demski was out and they wanted that kind of versatility....and then McCrae just ran with it at receiver and Harrison gets parked. Next to Demski, McCrae is our most versatile offensive player...I can totally see why he would get the nod over Harrison even if they were equal in receiving talent.

Edited by GCn20

Mcrae was brought on as he is a change of pace RB who has the skillset to be an actual...and effective receiver, and that makes our offence more diversified and hard to scheme against.than Harrison....BOLO can and does give us basically what Harrison would, with the better passport

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

Mcrae was brought on as he is a change of pace RB who has the skillset to be an actual...and effective receiver, and that makes our offence more diversified and hard to scheme against.than Harrison....BOLO can and does give us basically what Harrison would, with the better passport

BOLO has been really solid. Like for your fifth option on O you can’t expect much more. 

McRea has been a pleasant surprise....the guy just wants to be here....He's an elusive little bugger and makes plays....I thought at first he looked a little on the diminutive side and that he was going to be made part of the turf by one of the bigger hitters on the opposition....Sure fooled me, when he took a couple of bone jaring hits, and bounced right back to the huddle....I can see why we are keeping him.....versatile and one tough kid ....  Another nice find...Goes to prove what my dad always told me.....it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of fight in the dog😉

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

McRea has been a pleasant surprise....the guy just wants to be here....He's an elusive little bugger and makes plays....I thought at first he looked a little on the diminutive side and that he was going to be made part of the turf by one of the bigger hitters on the opposition....Sure fooled me, when he took a couple of bone jaring hits, and bounced right back to the huddle....I can see why we are keeping him.....versatile and one tough kid ....  Another nice find...Goes to prove what my dad always told me.....it's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of fight in the dog😉

We got a good team! It’s been next guy up for a few years now as we lose guys to the NFL or in FA but we haven’t skipped a beat. 

21 hours ago, Booch said:

Rutz is still very much in plans...they giving him some recharge time.

Perfect time to get these other guys some reps and see where they fit in. I was thinking that I would not be shocked to see come last game and playoffs our DB's be Rose..Nichols..BA..Lawrence and Houston with Darby at SAM and Rutz being a DI taking reps in various spots..even off the edge in some sets....and if Houston cant go then Parker in his spot.

Either scenario would be more than adequate tho I like the Houston playing option better

I’m surprised he wasn’t 1 gamed. Seems gassed. If he can get back to his early season form he certainly has a place on the post season roster and will be a gooder next year. 

im not sure what his long term fit is maybe dhb? I wouldn’t mind seeing a hybrid package with two dbs at Sam and will. Rutledge and Rene are big sams as it is. And Kramdi plays huge that combo would still be good against the run and give a lot of options in coverage. 

55 minutes ago, Stickem said:

That guy is gonna blow up next year. I love what he brings with the ball in his hands and with versatility.
Bolo too. He’s soo smooth and strong. Doesn’t look like an ni at all. 

3 hours ago, Booch said:

If we go into the post season with duke healthy demski red hot and roadhouse doing what he does plus perhaps a healthy woli and bolo that’s more good targets than you can shake a stick at. Totally makes sense. 
 Mcrae has such a great ability to just get plugged in as a package guy or used every down as a wr or rb. Soo electric with the ball in his hands. 
 I’d really love to see him work on catching punts. He could be the ultimate di and remove teams ability to kick away from the return game. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Kick returns, receiving, and a 7.9 yard average when rushing. 

42 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I’m surprised he wasn’t 1 gamed. Seems gassed. If he can get back to his early season form he certainly has a place on the post season roster and will be a gooder next year. 

im not sure what his long term fit is maybe dhb? I wouldn’t mind seeing a hybrid package with two dbs at Sam and will. Rutledge and Rene are big sams as it is. And Kramdi plays huge that combo would still be good against the run and give a lot of options in coverage. 

That guy is gonna blow up next year. I love what he brings with the ball in his hands and with versatility.
Bolo too. He’s soo smooth and strong. Doesn’t look like an ni at all

If we go into the post season with duke healthy demski red hot and roadhouse doing what he does plus perhaps a healthy woli and bolo that’s more good targets than you can shake a stick at. Totally makes sense. 
 Mcrae has such a great ability to just get plugged in as a package guy or used every down as a wr or rb. Soo electric with the ball in his hands. 
 I’d really love to see him work on catching punts. He could be the ultimate di and remove teams ability to kick away from the return game. 

BOLO has future 1000 yard guy ll over him...clutch conversion guy, and definitely has that Import look to him...he just looks like an NFL type player 

Mcrae....he is just so fluid and smooth...one of the most natural and smoothest players running with a ball in his hands....especially in traffic that I have seen up here in some time. He could be a real dark horse stud for us in the playoffs...and agree...next yr he could be an all purpose yardage leader up here if used right

1 hour ago, Booch said:

BOLO has future 1000 yard guy ll over him...clutch conversion guy, and definitely has that Import look to him...he just looks like an NFL type player 

Mcrae....he is just so fluid and smooth...one of the most natural and smoothest players running with a ball in his hands....especially in traffic that I have seen up here in some time. He could be a real dark horse stud for us in the playoffs...and agree...next yr he could be an all purpose yardage leader up here if used right

Going to be no trouble filling any holes that develop in the off season at wr. Won’t have to hear about us pursuing x vet elite or former elite wr for big bucks. We’ve got soo much upside poised for break out years next year it’s silly. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

If we go into the post season with duke Ellingson healthy demski red hot and roadhouse doing what he does plus perhaps a healthy woli and bolo that’s more good targets than you can shake a stick at. Totally makes sense. 

I think it was agreed that we are axing this nickname... Duke doesn't play for the bombers... a classy, quality receiver does... and he deserves a better nickname. 

Looking ahead to the next couple weeks, via Our Man Tait:

Asked if he expected to see Ellingson before the playoffs, O’Shea answered in the affirmative and added this on the decision to activate Darby, Jr. from the one-game injured list and move Donald Rutledge, Jr. to the practice roster:

“(Rutledge, Jr.) is a good football player. We just had the opportunity to bring in Alden Darby and he’s a very good football player, too, with a ton more experience. Alden’s played a bunch of different positions in different systems. He’s won with us. It was one of those pieces we felt we had to add.”

Edited by Noeller

7 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I agree. McCrae kinda demonstrated why he would be ahead of Harrison. Dude plays receiver quite well. He might be listed as a RB but he certainly has receiving chops as well.

Who is to say it wasn't a coin flip between him and McCrae by the coaches, It's quite possible they only went with McCrae because at the time Demski was out and they wanted that kind of versatility....and then McCrae just ran with it at receiver and Harrison gets parked. Next to Demski, McCrae is our most versatile offensive player...I can totally see why he would get the nod over Harrison even if they were equal in receiving talent.

It's not an either or situation when they are both dressed.  There's 60ish offensive snaps every game.  I don't understand dressing Americans who have no role to play.  Like if you're going to dress an American receiver to hold his helmet on the sideline why not dress a DL who can rotate in and make everyone on the DL better?

I don't really understand why there wouldn't be a set of plays for Harrison whoever he subs in for.  McCrae is fine for what he brings, but he's pretty damn limited as a receiver.  You'd think a big bodied dude would get some reps.    Why dress a guy for 5 games who you aren't even willing to put on the field?  That's all.

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So I don't like dressing guys who don't get snaps, but using mccrae as evidence is flawed imo. Team just likes nccrae.

Well the discussion is about Harrison.  We dressed him for weeks and the only time he got offensive snaps was when Ellingson couldn't finish a game under the 3 minute warning.

You don't have to put the same 12 guys on the field every snap.  Presumably if you're taking a DI away from the D you're going to use the player for something even if it's a 3-4 play package.  So that time was invested into a player who was a non-factor while he was here, not even good enough to step on the field and will be a non-factor moving forward.  If he was that useless, move on sooner because we all know depth will be tested.  That's all.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

31 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Well the discussion is about Harrison.  We dressed him for weeks and the only time he got offensive snaps was when Ellingson couldn't finish a game under the 3 minute warning.

You don't have to put the same 12 guys on the field every snap.  Presumably if you're taking a DI away from the D you're going to use the player for something even if it's a 3-4 play package.  So that time was invested into a player who was a non-factor while he was here, not even good enough to step on the field and will be a non-factor moving forward.  If he was that useless, move on sooner because we all know depth will be tested.  That's all.

I don't think he was useless, he beat out every rookie receiver in TC not named Schoen, so they must have seen a good reason to hang onto him. 

I’m not one of those who believes that officials are biased against a certain team, that they are nowhere near as bad as the game day threads fans say they are, or that the command centre is getting it wrong the majority of the time. However, this meme was too funny not to post (came from a Twitter question by Lucky Whitehead of who actually operates the command centre - the first response was “probably someone from Winnipeg this season, they seem to get away with quite a bit”). So enjoy, the mystery has been solved. 

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I’m not one of those who believes that officials are biased against a certain team, that they are nowhere near as bad as the game day threads fans say they are, or that the command centre is getting it wrong the majority of the time. However, this meme was too funny not to post (came from a Twitter question by Lucky Whitehead of who actually operates the command centre - the first response was “probably someone from Winnipeg this season, they seem to get away with quite a bit”). So enjoy, the mystery has been solved.

this comment just proves the intelligence of twitter responders... he seems to think the Bombers get away with a lot of penalties... likely a rider fan who thinks the refs are the reason they went 0-3 against the Bombers, including 2 losses by 34 and 18 points... but even if that was true... it has nothing to do with the command centre... command centre doesn't call penalties on the field...

I believe I read/heard that former CFL player (former Bomber???) Rob Crifo is involved in the video review process in some way. Always thought it was cool when players transition into officiating. Didn't Dave Donaldson or someone like that become an official after they were done playing...? 

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

We all know that it's Wade Miller doing the reviews. It's clear due to the obvious bias. 

Just wait till he ramps it up next year on scoring reviews.

CC: That's a clear TD.

WM: Look again.

CC: Still think its a TD.

WM: Do you know who I am. I am the head of the Canadian Mafia. I run this league.

CC: No TD it is.

Refs on the field: After review, the call has been overturned to no touchdown.