2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't want to step on Booch's toes here, 'cause he knows more than anyone on this board, but I think the short answer is: BC just isn't a very good team overall. They have a couple of pieces (Rourke, in particular) which allowed them to over-achieve at times, but that's not sustainable. Just a couple of examples, but Calgary and Winnipeg are better overall teams (deeper, more pieces) and will always be able to manufacture a win in multiple ways (as you saw the Bombers do ad nauseum this year) but BC had to pray Rourke would pull some magic out of a hat to get their wins, otherwise they were at best a mid-pack team all year. 

Forgive me, Booch, but I *think* that's what was meant...

pretty much that....most of Rourkes success was an immediate quick hit.....or a deep toss and hope the receiver won the battle....when the good teams took away the quick first read he was average at best....tossed many a pick, and didnt have the big point totals.

And some the games where he had the chuck it up plays they got some serious lenient reffing on a lot of Off PI calls. 

Also feasted on the basement dwellers early, and skewwed both offensive and defensive stats...had EDM...T.O (when they were in dissaray)...feasted...met us and god molly whopped at home...had a bye then got HAM...SASK...EDM...barely beat Ham who have a good defense, and didnt really paste the Lowly Riders, had a 40-41 win against CGY and also lost to said Riders

anyway....not a complete team....all or nothing offense which in cold weather play off ball isnt a recipe for success, and both lines are suspect......in a nut shell....They are almost a smoke and mirror version of 2019 Sask...and will be 1 and done in playoffs

4 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I do think Rourke is very good, and will further develop into an elite QB… but Booch nailed it imo.

yeah he gonna be a good one...no question there...but has a lot to learn...feasted early, and who knows what would have went down when rubber really hit the road later in the yr...and as others said....he doesnt have a complete team all around them...they have holes and question marks....who doesn't...but we have minimal...proven track record, and are in the cozy confines of IG for a 1 and your in the Cup scenario...and we are going into that the healthiest we have been all damn yr...

BC's a good team who lost their starting Phenom QB in the middle of the season and still managed to make it to 2nd place overall. They're good enough that VAJ has a winning percentage at QB.

Their offence is 2nd in points for, 2 ahead of us & number 1 in net offence, despite losing Rourke. Their defence is 2nd in points allowed, 20 behind us & number 1 in picks.

The only team a Rourke led Lions, lost to was the Bombers. They beat Calgary twice, once with Rourke and once with VAJ.

I wouldn't take them lightly.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

BC's a good team who lost their starting Phenom QB in the middle of the season and still managed to make it to 2nd place overall.

This says more about the rest of the league than anything. It's still Winnipeg and then a big dropoff to Calgary/BC...

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

BC's a good team who lost their starting Phenom QB in the middle of the season and still managed to make it to 2nd place overall. They're good enough that VAJ has a winning percentage at QB.

Their offence is 2nd in points for, 2 ahead of us & number 1 in net offence, despite losing Rourke. Their defence is 2nd in points allowed, 20 behind us & number 1 in picks.

The only team a Rourke led Lions, lost to was the Bombers. They beat Calgary twice, once with Rourke and once with VAJ.

I absolutely take them lightly, but for some people to pretend they’re not a good team in relation to the rest of the league is a little silly.

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This says more about the rest of the league than anything. It's still Winnipeg and then a big dropoff to Calgary/BC...

I don't think the drop off is as big as you think it is. We won 5 of the 6 "coulda gone either way" games this year. If some had gone the other way, we might be in 2nd or 3rd.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't think the drop off is as big as you think it is. We won 5 of the 6 "coulda gone either way" games this year. If some had gone the other way, we might be in 2nd or 3rd.

AND if your aunt had nuts shed be your uncle...fact of tha matter is CGY is the better all around team even tho record doesnt say so

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

if some of our losses had gone the other way, we'd be undefeated forever....

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Liegghio got screwed IMO.  Grant had some big ones but was not overly consistent this season, injured obviously for a good chunk.

3 return TDs. That's an automatic nomination, imo. 

If the definition is "most outstanding", I don't see how Legs qualifies. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

So it could be just like last year, or just like 2001. I’ve seen the “we’re untouchable” attitude before, didn’t care for the ending of that movie.

No one is disputing the Bombers are the top dogs, but BC isn’t as over-rated as some would like to believe. If one win over them with Rourke is enough to convince us that they have little chance against us and their success is smoke and mirrors, then by that logic one “Molly-whopping” by the  Tiger-Cats against us should have us worried. Let’s not judge based on one game, good or bad. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Liegghio got screwed IMO.  Grant had some big ones but was not overly consistent this season, injured obviously for a good chunk.

Agreed. I think the Bombers missed an opportunity to give recognition to a position that frequently goes unheralded. Legs has gone out there this year and done everything asked of him. Not perfect but what other position calls for it? 

26 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Agreed. I think the Bombers missed an opportunity to give recognition to a position that frequently goes unheralded. Legs has gone out there this year and done everything asked of him. Not perfect but what other position calls for it? 

How did the Bombers miss an opportunity?  The team awards are voted on by the local media and the head coach.

4 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Well, we all know that you'd certainly never take the Bombers.