2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

It's Ambrosies fault that The als can't afford to pay their players? Cuz sounds like the reason Stern is stepping down is because they ain't making money. How can wpg and sask make money but Montreal can't? How is that on anyone but Montreals owners including stern? 

Please read the story. There was a local ownership group fronted by former Alouette player Eric Lapointe but Ambrosie didn't want them. He clearly favoured ownership from out of Montreal. Like those 2 movie producer brothers from Hollywood. Yeah, that would have worked out well. Montreal Gazette writer Herb Zurkowsky has covered the Als for decades. He knows the team. To me, this story he wrote is pointing fingers at Ambrosie. One thing you say that I do agree with. Why are the Als so expensive to run? What are the issues that make the team lose so much $$$?? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

https://www.620ckrm.com/2022/08/29/dickenson-oversight-that-marino-wasnt-in-riders-starting-lineup/

Dickenson said severity of the matter was overblown and said the situation was an oversight.

“He (Marino) did come and ask us why he wasn’t listed as a starter and my answer to him was actually  that it was just an oversight, he is supposed to be listed as a starter, he is just concerned, you know these guys have pride and they wanted to be listed as a starter, it means a lot to them and that’s all it what was, and I think he reached out to our P.R. people and asked why he wasn’t listed as a starter, he didn’t freak out, that’s something that happens every year guys want to be listed as starters, they want to see their name up on the board, they want to be announced as a starter and that’s all that was.”

Why does Dickenson continue to go to bat for that assclown?

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yea sure Dickie. I suppose Blair just happened to be standing there, overheard it and then made a mountain out of a mole hill. Right? Someone in your front office didn't like the way they were treated by one of your players Dickie, and went to the media to drop the bomb. Don't give me this crap about a simple misunderstanding and a kumbaya session afterwards with high fives and blown kisses. How stupid does Dickie think people are?

When something leaks out of your own office doors then it's more than a simple misunderstanding that was cleared up without incident.

Edited by GCn20