2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

7 hours ago, White Out said:

I didn't  bother to read. I'm a mess last few days with stress and depression.

@White Out don’t know you personally, but if you need to talk about anything, don’t hesitate to reach out. Or PM if you want to keep it more confidential. Maybe a break from the cesspool that is the internet and the slings and arrows that can be found on a message board for a bit might be a good idea. Hang tough, be well, and know that people will listen. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Vernon Adams is so damned inconsistent. I don't think he's as good as Rourke or is the player to get the Lions over the hump. but he's their best option at the moment. Now, what's going to happen with the Lions salary cap structure as Adams makes 5-6 times as much $$$ as Nathan Rourke? Will some veteran talent be let go to afford Adams?

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

25% owner blocking trade talks for a QB the GM/coach refuses to even dress.

Yeah Stern was an idiot.

With Spiegel's death he acted as the majority owner until the Executor of Spiegel's estate put a stop to the money coming in. With Trevor Harris as your starter, would you actually trade Adams? Watch Harris wilt now. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Vernon Adams is so damned inconsistent. I don't think he's as good as Rourke or is the player to get the Lions over the hump. but he's their best option at the moment. Now, what's going to happen with the Lions salary cap structure as Adams makes 5-6 times as much $$$ as Nathan Rourke? Will some veteran talent be let go to afford Adams?

This late in the season, will V.A.’s salary put them over the cap, and Al, will the Al’s eat some of VA’s salary for this year? 

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

This late in the season, will V.A.’s salary put them over the cap, and Al, will the Al’s eat some of VA’s salary for this year? 

With the way the Als are losing money, I'd doubt it. The Lions are desperate. O'Connor can't lead that Lions team & Pipkin plays like a pumpkin. The Als now have the Lions first round pick.  No way the Als pay part of Adam's salary going forward. The way I see it, this is a salary cap dump by the Als. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With the way the Als are losing money, I'd doubt it. The Lions are desperate. O'Connor can't lead that Lions team & Pipkin plays like a pumpkin. The Als now have the Lions first round pick.  No way the Als pay part of Adam's salary going forward. The way I see it, this is a salary cap dump by the Als. 

Aside from the salary issue, the Lions do need a qb that plays better than a pumpkin. 

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With Spiegel's death he acted as the majority owner until the Executor of Spiegel's estate put a stop to the money coming in. With Trevor Harris as your starter, would you actually trade Adams? Watch Harris wilt now. 

No owner in a functional organization is reaching that deep into football operations.

20 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

They have/had a couple vets on D on 6 game.  Adams likely had significant bonuses as part of his deal, upfront money, so his actual salary won't be that big of a hit.

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's official now:

What the hell was Stern thinking?

He was probably thinking that Harris up to that point was pretty inconsistent and is borderline geriatric and didn't want to hitch all his horses to him.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They have/had a couple vets on D on 6 game.  Adams likely had significant bonuses as part of his deal, upfront money, so his actual salary won't be that big of a hit.

That's a strong possibility. Might have gotten a signficant portion of his salary up front.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

The equivalent is a Bomber board member storming into Kyle Walters office to insist he doesn't trade Dakota Prukop.

Imagine that.

Good for the league to have morons like Stern off the sideline and back on their couch watching on TSN.

Jeez, what did Stern do to you? Put sugar in your gas tank? 

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I hope he doesn't have a fancy scarf collection.

What Ambrosie does affects all CFL fans. What Stern does affects no one who isn't an Als fans. Ambrosie has been Commissioner for 5 years & has what to show for it?? He sold a few Diversity Is Strength tees??? That's been his biggest success. He's been an Epic Fail at everything else. Stern has been an owner since 2020. Hardly a comparison. Besides, I doubt I'm the only one who feels the same way about Scarf Boy. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What Ambrosie does affects all CFL fans. What Stern does affects no one who isn't an Als fans. Ambrosie has been Commissioner for 5 years & has what to show for it?? He sold a few Diversity Is Strength tees??? That's been his biggest success. He's been an Epic Fail at everything else. Stern has been an owner since 2020. Hardly a comparison. Besides, I doubt I'm the only one who feels the same way about Scarf Boy. 

Yeah and Ambrosie picked the Montreal ownership group fronted by a 90 year olds wallet over at least one other option that was both more capitalized and ambitious for potentially taking ownership of the stadium or building their own.

Stern affects the whole league by running a franchise into the ground that the rest of the league has to decide to fold or fund now.  Sure it's Ambrosie's fault he's in that position.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That Was A Joke GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But considering Stern was allegedly blocking potential trades, that **** does affect more than just one team (and possibly the fans).

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That Was A Joke GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But considering Stern was allegedly blocking potential trades, that **** does affect more than just one team (and possibly the fans).

Ha, ha. No worries. It's all good. I think Stern felt Harris is trash & at some point they'd need Adams. Well, it's Harris's team now & good luck with that. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

36 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah and Ambrosie picked the Montreal ownership group fronted by a 90 year olds wallet over at least one other option that was both more capitalized and ambitious for potentially taking ownership of the stadium or building their own.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a2jig1v5hz9xrlngpc

More like Ambrosie picked the pocket of a 90 year old senior in Spiegel who was way too old & in failing health (he couldn't attend the press conference introducing him & Stern) to be involved as the majority owner of the financially struggling Als. The man died never seeing a single game of the team he owned. Just think about that. Not one game. Way to go, Randy. No wonder the family is up in arms about the estate & the amount of money that's being sucked out of Spiegel's estate to feed the Als financially. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27