Jump to content

2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)


Nolby
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Were teams paying receivers $250-$300,000 last year? 

No....but he still signed for half of what the top guys were making, so why would he suddenly jump ahead of them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-02-19 at 9:16 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Elingson is a replacement for Adams. We still haven't replaced Lawler. Imagine if Bryant Mitchell signed?

Adams hasn't been much of piece in our offense for 3 years. Elingson would've passed 1k in a regular year with ease despite the 2nd worst offense and qbing in the league.

Ellingson replaces Lawler. We probably replace adams internally though a couple guys are still kicking around. 

Bryant would be sick but I'm not holding my breath. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

https://youtu.be/UUWZj6sdH_4

 

Reminds me a bit like Darvin Adams. Even wears the same number :) 

Doesn’t seems to be super quick but has good hands and runs good routes. 

Both with good pedigrees. Simmons originally committed to Alabama then went to WV and caught some passes from Tom Brady, while McGhee played at Georgia and would have been covering guys like Kupp and Woods in practise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Both with good pedigrees. Simmons originally committed to Alabama then went to WV and caught some passes from Tom Brady, while McGhee played at Georgia and would have been covering guys like Kupp and Woods in practise. 

Kupp went to Eastern Washington. Not Georgia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Adams hasn't been much of piece in our offense for 3 years. Elingson would've passed 1k in a regular year with ease despite the 2nd worst offense and qbing in the league.

Ellingson replaces Lawler. We probably replace adams internally though a couple guys are still kicking around. 

Bryant would be sick but I'm not holding my breath. 

Bryant is on my wish list as well. I just think we are not done at receiver yet, and neither is Walters. Last year with our full receiving complement coming back, including Lawler, he went out and signed Mitchell because he saw upgrading receiver as a priority. I can't see it being less of one now. Granted dollars are tight, but maybe he has set an amount aside for it. Probably wishful thinking, but here's hoping. It's probably far more likely that we wait until some NFL returnees are cut adrift in August though.

Edited by GCn20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Bryant is on my wish list as well. I just think we are not done at receiver yet, and neither is Walters. Last year with our full receiving complement coming back, including Lawler, he went out and signed Mitchell because he saw upgrading receiver as a priority. I can't see it being less of one now. Granted dollars are tight, but maybe he has set an amount aside for it. Probably wishful thinking, but here's hoping. It's probably far more likely that we wait until some NFL returnees are cut adrift in August though.

I'd love that to be the case. And I can see them kicking tires on remaining guys like huff if cheap. But in the end I think they like blake and McKnight  a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I'd love that to be the case. And I can see them kicking tires on remaining guys like huff if cheap. But in the end I think they like blake and McKnight  a lot. 

Maybe so, and maybe one of these guys breaks through and we can beef up elsewhere, but I think Walters probably has an in season war chest available for a few positions in case things don't work out as planned or someone too good to pass up becomes available at the right price. I mean we didn't sign Mitchell until a month or two after FA began last year and Walters had told us he was broke iirc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Maybe so, and maybe one of these guys breaks through and we can beef up elsewhere, but I think Walters probably has an in season war chest available for a few positions in case things don't work out as planned or someone too good to pass up becomes available at the right price. I mean we didn't sign Mitchell until a month or two after FA began last year and Walters had told us he was broke iirc.

100 percent he has a war chest. He always socks away cash for tc nfl cuts and the pr expansion. 

They always are conservative with funds early in the off season. It's very rare to see a good deal come out of the first few weeks of free agency. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-02-21 at 7:37 AM, Jesse said:

No....but he still signed for half of what the top guys were making, so why would he suddenly jump ahead of them?

He's not going to come here for anything less than $150,-200,000. That is now the new normal thanks to BC & Edmonton. 

15 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I was talking about his times with the Rams not college. 

Might want to use some periods there...  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's not going to come here for anything less than $150,-200,000. That is now the new normal thanks to BC & Edmonton. 

Might want to use some periods there...  ;)

Nor should he come for less than that. However 150-160 is very doable imo. It's not that massive of a salary for a 1 or 2 receiver and certainly isn't anywhere near Lawler money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Nor should he come for less than that. However 150-160 is very doable imo. It's not that massive of a salary for a 1 or 2 receiver and certainly isn't anywhere near Lawler money.

I think we still have probably 150-185k sitting there unused for what was offered to Lawler...I think that Adams was not in plans from get go, so bulk of Ellingson money came from what Adams made....Walters is doing his usual we tight to cap spin, but sitting on money for that out of nowhere signing (Bryant Mitchell....Tristan Opaloga) and if they don't find a guy they want...then theres money later in yr for a Kongbo return, or some other NFL cut who is free, and who wouldnt want to come to the Bombers with a realistic chance for a cup, or at the least a deep playoff run

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think we still have probably 150-185k sitting there unused for what was offered to Lawler...I think that Adams was not in plans from get go, so bulk of Ellingson money came from what Adams made....Walters is doing his usual we tight to cap spin, but sitting on money for that out of nowhere signing (Bryant Mitchell....Tristan Opaloga) and if they don't find a guy they want...then theres money later in yr for a Kongbo return, or some other NFL cut who is free, and who wouldnt want to come to the Bombers with a realistic chance for a cup, or at the least a deep playoff run

Hearing that it's between us and Elks for Castillo.

Sergio only has to look to last season to see how well it worked out for him here on a short term contract with release clause, if he intends on trying the show again next year.

Who would you rather trust in a handshake deal, Walters or Jones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think we still have probably 150-185k sitting there unused for what was offered to Lawler...I think that Adams was not in plans from get go, so bulk of Ellingson money came from what Adams made....Walters is doing his usual we tight to cap spin, but sitting on money for that out of nowhere signing (Bryant Mitchell....Tristan Opaloga) and if they don't find a guy they want...then theres money later in yr for a Kongbo return, or some other NFL cut who is free, and who wouldnt want to come to the Bombers with a realistic chance for a cup, or at the least a deep playoff run

I mean, we were “cap tight” last year and were still all over Reggie Begelton when he came loose - we actually offered more cash than Calgary did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Hearing that it's between us and Elks for Castillo.

Sergio only has to look to last season to see how well it worked out for him here on a short term contract with release clause, if he intends on trying the show again next year.

Who would you rather trust in a handshake deal, Walters or Jones?

Hopefully that is true, and he be a good mentor for Leggs and Mourtada, as I would assume they keep them both...Be curious if they try Castillo doing all the kicking as he can punt, and allow us to get another positional player on the roster

Just now, Mike said:

I mean, we were “cap tight” last year and were still all over Reggie Begelton when he came loose - we actually offered more cash than Calgary did

yup...I think Walters factors "possible" monies into his cap tight ledger...which is smart to be honest....because history shows...he always has something there for a nice score, and if nothing falls in his lap, always has ..or had when there was no bonus cap money to re-up guys with a bonus to go toward current yr, and not affect the following sms as much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Brett Maher was also released from Cowboys this week not sure how many more chances he has left in NFL

It seems a lot of us are a little skeptical about just going with Mourtada....and after last years performance it's no wonder.....Maybe Leggs has upped his place kicking game...He certainly used to have the leg, is why we drafted him....One can only hope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...