2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

There was talk in camp last year, that Harris did indeed come into camp out of shape...thats not new news...maybe not blabbed about in the papers/online....but it is a fact

And maybe he has lost the fire to put in the 365 day a yr work now at his age, or maybe isnt able to, and the Team wanted to see where he was at so they don't go through the same thing again....and yes....players notice when guys don't do the weekly grind, yet still play in season...vet...or not....

Can guarantee one thing tho.....Augustine will come to camp in phenomenal shape....like he has every year and work like a dog...he's earned his payday and shot at being a feature back...or par of a 1a/1b scenario, and u know Oliveira gonna come in and do everything to take the torch of the new Hometown back.

Edited by Booch

Just now, Booch said:

There was talk in camp last year, that Harris did indeed come into camp out of shape...thats not new news...maybe not blabbed about in the papers/online....but it is a fact

And maybe he has o

lost the fire to put in the 365 day a yr work now at his age, or maybe isnt able to, and the Team wanted to see where he was at so they don't go through the same thing again....and yes....players notice when guys don't do the weekly grind, yet still play in season...vet...or not....

Can guarantee one thing tho.....Augustine will come to camp in phenomenal shape....like he has every year and work like a dog...he's earned his payday and shot at being a feature back...or par of a 1a/1b scenario, and u know Oliveira gonna come in and do everything to take the torch of the new Hometown back.

Yep I’m excited to see the healthy competition between the two. Both should have a role in the offence but there’s a chance for either to really take control and become a bonfide star in this league. 

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yep I’m excited to see the healthy competition between the two. Both should have a role in the offence but there’s a chance for either to really take control and become a bonfide star in this league. 

yup....we easily eclipse 1000 yards on ground this yr with those 2, and the Demski and Bailey runs....easyyyyy

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

I never heard about it, but If I had, I would have mentioned it and all heck would have broken on these boards. If Harris had signed with us, it would still be a fact that wasn't blabbed about in the papers or online.

Harris has a sense of entitlement and unfortunately for him being 35 and coming off injuries and having 2 guys younger/cheaper/healthier he had zero leverage.      Things can end really quickly... look at Charles Roberts.    This is the life of a pro athlete and even more so at a position where the shelf life is usually far shorter then other positions.  

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I never heard about it, but If I had, I would have mentioned it and all heck would have broken on these boards. If Harris had signed with us, it would still be a fact that wasn't blabbed about in the papers or online.

I mentioned it 4 days ago and got shouted down. However, in situations such as this it is completely reasonable for any fan not to believe it until they heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Nothing Riderfanish about that at all. Booch is correct this was no big national secret and yes the condition Andrew may/may not have been in was discussed here last year and no one believed it because there was no proof other than heresay. When heresay becomes proveable fact though, it illicits a completely different response that's not Riderfanish that's just a simple basic truth.

Edited by GCn20