2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I mean, we were “cap tight” last year and were still all over Reggie Begelton when he came loose - we actually offered more cash than Calgary did

And moncrief too. And then still added the most of any team at the dead line. 

The Bombers don't have a bad deal on the books imo. Vs virtually every other team having a bad deal. 

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

And moncrief too. And then still added the most of any team at the dead line. 

The Bombers don't have a bad deal on the books imo. Vs virtually every other team having a bad deal. 

yup.....thats actually a key thing...we dont have an albatross contract anywhere on our roster preventing us to go after something if it comes up...if anything...we have several well below market, and some below what some lesser players are pulling in else where...we in a good spot, and I fully expect another Walter's out of thin air signings before March ends

21 hours ago, Mike said:

I mean, we were “cap tight” last year and were still all over Reggie Begelton when he came loose - we actually offered more cash than Calgary did

For sure. Walters saves a bit and gets a bit of SMS relief from the 6 game every year to make in season moves if he needs to do so. Probably every GM does really.

18 hours ago, Stickem said:

I beleive we have/had money stashed away for Streve and or Desjarlis if they shook loose....Don't know if that's still the case but I'm pretty sure we're not broke

Yea...I guess there is always the possibility that Desjarlais becomes available sooner rather than later. Also, I'm pretty sure he had 85-90k set aside for Dobson as well.

• 4 months later...
On 2022-02-24 at 5:39 AM, GCn20 said:

For sure. Walters saves a bit and gets a bit of SMS relief from the 6 game every year to make in season moves if he needs to do so. Probably every GM does really.

Yea...I guess there is always the possibility that Desjarlais becomes available sooner rather than later. Also, I'm pretty sure he had 85-90k set aside for Dobson as well.

Don't hold your breath too long, Desjarlais is still listed as the #2 LG on the Patriots depth chart.  At this point even if cut at least a dozen other NFL clubs would want to kick his tires.

https://www.patriots.com/team/depth-chart

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah I think seeing a possible Kongbo return us more likely... possibly Alford...he's pretty slight for NFL much like Rose...Falcons were high on him ..but sure they high on all guys that far out from camp

Desjarlais is soo young for his amount of pro experience if he doesn’t become a starter he will be back in 3 ish years at latest. 
 He deserves a good shot at the nfl. He’s starter calibre imo. Who knows how things wil go. 

kongbo I like our chances of seeing back this year. Alford while small I think his level of play for age and experience will have him atleast on a pr most or this year.