2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)

Nolby

10 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Being a Friesen article I expected it to come off with a much larger axe to grind. Thought it came off more balanced than ever. No added shade cast on the organization. 

Reading that article didn't make me feel that O'Shea & Walters were the bad guys here. Harris had the chance to earn back O'Shea's trust. He didn't want to. If we didn't perform at the expected level at our jobs we'd be fired. It may not be athletics but our boss expect us to put in an honest day's work. We all have personal issues that can affect our job performance but we're expected to leave it all behind when we start working & people for the most part do.

Some of us had to go to night school to get professional designations to be able to continue employed in the industry we work(ed) in. Having to go to night school twice a week for 3 hours & study for a final exam is hugely difficult & exhausting while holding down a full time job. It also shows an employee's committment to the company one works for. The Bombers wanted to see how he was if he was still committed to the team for 2022 by doing a workout which Harris could have done very easily. He said no. Why should Andrew be different? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

The east is gonna be fun to watch,Banks still has to be lethal at mid range routes,might not have top end speed but dude is still shifty enough to do something in the middle. I'd definitely kick tires or look at Collins.

Collins would replace some grit we lost with Adams. 

Is Banks official? If his head is in, he can still do some damage out there. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm someone. I feel it was strictly about the money. I'm discussing it. 

If Harris was really willing to sign, hand him a pen and he'd sign. If not, then he wasn't really willing to sign. Disrespect is the excuse/justification. You can call that calling him a liar if you want, but understand that's your word not mine.

Nothing is offensive and no one is saying it is. No one is telling you what you can or can't discuss. No one has any problem with the discussion. Some of us are simply pointing out that Bomber fans are just like Rider fans when players leave.

Last year, no one talked about Harris not being in shape or that his head wasn't in it or his personal problems or losing MOS' trust (Why was he even talking to MOS anyway? He should have been talking to Walters) or his lack of practice (He didn't need to cuz he's a vet) or anything negative at all. He was the home town hero who got us to back to back GC's.  He was worth every penny of his contract &, he needed to be re-signed to retire as a Bomber at all costs. Saying anything else would get you 3+ days of arguments.

It's not just about this article. Rumours started last month about Harris' attitude & work ethic last year. 20-20 hindsight would say that's when we should have known that Harris was done with the Bombers. The media machine was already gearing up to the Bombers moving on from Harris. Fans are lapping it up.

Again I don't understand your point. No one was talking about stuff, no one knew about....they are talking about it now, because they know about it. And that makes them riderfans? 

Rider fans are known for dumping on former players and down playing their role on winning teams. Who has done that here?

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I remember the name, but don't know a thing about him....at worst, these kinds of signings are ST depth. So.....it's something?

probably corner candidate to take over Alfords spot, as thats where he has played the majority, if not all of his starts

Edited by Booch

He had a knee injury at some point but was a healthy scratch towards the end of the season.

3DownNation had a small mention for him in their Free Agent DB rankings.

At 27, Glass is among the youngest available when it comes to experienced American DBs. That might be enough to earn him another opportunity after struggling in seven games last season.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I wonder what the market for Banks is? I'm a bit surprised he hasn't signed. I wonder if his price changed when he saw what the top receivers were getting? 

When I think about a receiver playing into his mid thirties, I think of a guy like Nik Lewis who has the savvy and toughness to cover for the decline of his physical tools.  Don't see those qualities in Banks, alas, and I think he's too frail to be running back kicks full time.  Not interested in him as a bomber unless we have a midseason emergency or he signs for bottom dollar.

(note: I know nothing about recruiting or scouting football players)

Edited by johnzo

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

He had a knee injury at some point but was a healthy scratch towards the end of the season.

3DownNation had a small mention for him in their Free Agent DB rankings.

Money Hunter took over for him when he got injured, after that and was healthy didnt get back on game day roster